Chapter 4
66 0 3
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

The King's Avatar

After 10 minutes in the dungeon, they had killed many goblins but still didn't encounter the said Hidden boss.

"It should appear now, right? I mean if we pass through here it is going to be the boss room." Night said as he slowed down his walking speed to restore stamina.

"Mm yeah, it should- Night behind you!" Fea shouted as he quickly take place of Night and raised his shield, he was able to block the surprise attack in time.

Xue'er becomes focused, as she looks at the monster before her.

[ Midnight Phantom Cat Lv 10]

"Alright! As we discussed! Snow and Arrow protect night while I draw it aggro! After that, slowly chip away some of its health so that it won't off the tank!"

"understood" "Ok!" Xue'er and Arrow replied.

Using his skill, Repel, he knocked the small cat away, and then Using Provoke, the cat's eyes turned red and began to attack him furiously.

Taking his time, he raises his shield to protect himself and slowly deals damage with his sword.

It seems like Midnight Cat has a low health pool, seeing that Fea can chip away 1 / 10 of its health in just a minute.

"I got it aggro now! Go for it!" Fea shouted.

With that, Xue'er rushes in, where Arrow shoots from behind away from Night.

She slashes in an arc, but the cat evades her attack by jumping and continues to aim for Fea.

She tries again, this time baiting it into jumping with an arc before changing her direction and slashing upward.

It hit, and the cat let out a painful roar before having its eyes on her, but before it could move, Fea used his provoke and drew the cat's attention again.

"Thank you!" Xue'er said.

"No problem!"

They continue like this, whenever it is about to Off tank, they would retreat and let Fea handle it, and then rush in again. Night heals them when they get hit but not too much that it pulls the attention toward him.

All of them are veterans of this game and now manage aggro.

Taking turns like this, the boss's health drops quickly. And soon it becomes red.

"Everyone back off! If you are in its radius you will get hit by a random attack!" Fea command.

All of them back off and watch as the boss furiously attacks Fea with higher speed and damage, his health from green slowly turning yellow and red.

At the last moment, Night heals him and it turns to yellow again.

"Ok come rush it, don't worry about Off Tank!"

Xue'er and Arrow rush in, he uses his skill, rapid fire while Xue'er uses Lunge, stabbing at its head multiple times.

The boss HP drops so quickly that it suddenly changes direction, aiming one of its claws at Xue'er before Fea can provoke it.

She watched as the claw came at her, it was slow. Within a heartbeat, she inputs the command and uses an upward slash parrying the claw attack away.

The claw was sent away and she rushed in, not caring about the shout of others, she couldn't hear them. The only thing she can hear is the sound of her blade slashing away at its belly continuously while she parries the attack.

The three were in awe, as they watched Everlasting Snow dodge, block, and parry the attack the midnight Phantom Cat throws at her.

Even Though it was a low-level hidden boss, it was still a hidden boss, and the speed of it should exceed what a new player is capable of displaying.

"Damn… She is skilled. Even I, Who played for 7 years now, don't think I can do what she did." Fea said.

"Right, I think only those elite in the big guild can do what she did." One shot arrow marvels at the movement that Snow displays, her movement is flawless with no error as if she is dancing along with the flow.

Night Sky just watched silently, as Everlasting Snow continued to hack away the last bit of Phantom Cat HP.

As Everlasting Snow uses another Upward slash that comes off cooldown, she rushes in and finishes it with Lunge. The attack, all hit the head of Phantom Cat, taking away the last of it Hp.

[Congratulation! You have defeated Midnight Phantom Cat!]

"Ha…" Letting out the breath she was holding, She looked at her hand, taking tissue from the table, and wiping them of sweat that clung to her hand.

The feeling of the fight just now feels…exhilarating. The feeling of a rapidly changing pattern of attack, fast yet precise, that would have killed her in just one hit yet dodging or parrying them at the last second.

She understood now, why Luo Ji wanted to play this and invited her. It was fun, this game was fun. Looking at the reward, she noticed that her level is now 8, increasing a lot because of the encounter with the hidden boss, In the guide it said that it should take around 3 dungeons to reach lv 10. But in Luo Ji's guide, he said she should farm in this dungeon until lv 12 or 13 then go to spider cave.

"That was amazing! Little Sister! Such precise control, are you sure you are not a pro?" Fea asks as he looks over the loot drop, "Damn! purple equipments! This sister brings out luck! AHAHA!"

"Then as we agree, let's roll the die for who chooses first!" Arrow said, rubbing his hand. a new gesture that she never thought could be possible here she is.

Xue'er looks over at the loot that dropped, seeing the two pieces of purple equipment, she looks over what they are.

[Smodering Great shield LV 10: + 10 vitality. Chance of inflicting burn.]

Hm, This one was useless to her, she looked over at another piece of equipment.

[Light Cloak LV 10: + 5 strength + 5 spirit.]

This one is interesting, it increases her strength which means she can dish out more damage while lowering the chance of her getting a status effect.

Looking over everything, she doesn't see anything interesting.

"Then whoever gets the highest gets to choose first and the lowest gets to choose last is that ok with you guys?" Fea said as he is the party leader.

"Sure"

"Ok!"

"I have no problem with it." With all of their consent, Fea starts the dice roll, A new tab pops up to her waiting for her to click. She clicked it and the animation of a dice rolling was in front of her, and the number she got was…1.

"Alright! I got 5!" Arrow, spoke up and he jumped up and down in glee.

"Hah! got 6!" Fea yelled happily.

"My, I got 3" Siad as he looked over what He wanted to get.

They all look at Xue'er waiting for her response. "I got 1." She replied calmly.

All of them fell silent, before a cough sound came from Fea, "A-ahem, Uh is there any Item you want, Miss Snow?"

"It ok, just take what you guys want, we did it together after all." though she said that, she wanted that Light Cloak…

"Oh! Then let's start!" Without hesitation, Fea picks the smoldering Great Shield. Equipping it to show off.

One Shot Arrow also picks him up and equips the Light Cloak on the spot. After Night Sky also chose his, leaving all these items for Xue'er to choose from.

[ Midnight cat fingernails x 3, Midnight cat hide x 1, cat fingernail 3, cat breastplate. ]

Sighing she looked over at what loot would get her the most amount of gold and saw that it was the hide but they were only one of it, so she decided it better to take the fingernails instead.

With her finish choosing, they rolled a dice again for the remaining items and this time, she finally got 6 and instantly chose the hide.

With everybody get all their item, they go straight for the boss, and honestly? she feels kind of disappointed. it was…a downgraded version of the cat she fought. though the drop was good, she got a new blue Taichi for LV 5, it has +3 str and +3 int. which is not bad.

Coming out of the dungeon, Fea spoke up to her, "Little sister, let's add each other and go farm some more!" He said as he sent a friend request which popped up on her screen.

The others quickly add her too and she accepts them all.

With the party intact, they go and farm at the dungeon four more times which is the limit for the dungeon entry they have left. unfortunately, she didn't encounter any more Midnight Phantom Cat.

3