Chapter 5
71 0 3
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

The King's Avatar

After finishing all of her dungeon entries for Green Forest today. her level has reached 13. The Taichi she got has already been replaced by an LV 10 blue Taichi, which got +5 for str and +5 for int. Pretty good if you ask her, she also has a new skill 'Falling Light Blade' which makes a downward slash sending her opponent to clash downward and creating a shock wave, the damage is scaled from str, and the height she sends down from.

She also got blue LV 10 light armor after selling the midnight cat fingernails and midnight cat hide, which got her around 10 golds from some guy named…grim? grim lord? She didn't check the inbox name and just deleted it.

This means the higher her opponent is the more damage output it can do. Just as she was about to open what was next on the guide, a sudden announcement tab captured her attention.

[Congratulations to [blue brook guild] Player Blue River, Lord Grim, Lunar Grace, Returning Cloud, and Thundering Light for breaking the record of the [Frost Forest] Dungeon. Clear time: 20m 24s 11]

The Chat went wild as she saw them typing congratulations, curses, and insults. mostly at Blue River for getting Lord Grim, for what? She didn't know, as it was nothing of concern to her.

"Little snow! Let's go farm Spider Cave!" Yuei cannot escape Fea, calling out to her, looking at the time, she finds it is already 4:50 pm.

"Sorry, but I need to go now, I need to make dinner," she said, apologetically.

"Don't mind, don't mind! we can just farm ourselves. Don't let us take your time." Fea said as she left the party.

"Umu, let's meet again." With that, she logs out of the game. Shutting down her computer, she walked out of the room, only to see the absolute mess that her sister left behind. unwashed dishes, blankets left on the floor, snacks that spill out…

"I am going to kill her when she comes back." muttered darkly under her breath, she began cleaning up the mess, washing the dish, and looking at the fridge for something she could make.

There was not much food in the fridge, well, she got to go to the grocery store again. Looking over at what she has, she decides to make some tiger skin eggs.

Pulling out a pot, she adds the water and then boils it, waiting for a few minutes she puts in 6 eggs. waiting for the eggs to cook through, Xue'er prepared a bowl of cold water and added ice to them. Taking out the vegetable from the fridge, she starts cutting the red pepper into small pieces, and the green onion in an orderly manner, and dicing the garlic. After the eggs were boiled for 8 minutes she put them out and threw them into the ice bath.

Stirring them to cool off and peeling them one by one, she feels proud of the perfect egg, no crack and no over-peeling, a perfectly oval egg.

Xue'er took out the pan, added oil, and waited for it to heat up before adding the eggs to fry. Hearing the cracking sound and the sizzling of the egg she drained the first pot of water and put in the pixian bean paste, ginger paste, garlic, and bay leaves, letting them fry for a bit and getting the aroma out while she flipped the egg.

Xue'er lamented at the fact that she ran out of Chinese pepper, otherwise, she would add them now. After frying the sauce for a few minutes she adds red pepper and green onion.

After the egg was done, she took it out, drained the oil, and added the egg into the sauce, stirring them to let the skin absorb the sauce, adding in a little bit of soy sauce and pepper, Xue'er turned off the heat and let it cool down before putting it on the plate.

Scooping up the rice, she places down the plate and starts eating, hm…it seems like she messed up and fried the egg for too long, they got a bit of burn on them but it was not much of a problem, the sauce still tasted good, though it was not spicy.

Leaving some leftovers for when Mingxi came home, she washed the dishes and all the pots and pans she used. By the time she finished everything, it was already 18:30. With the housework finished, she decided to do the homework that one of her classmates sent her.

taking her time, as she solved the questions one by one, she received a call, It was Luo Ji. Putting it on the speaker, she could hear him clicking his keyboard again, probably another assignment.

"What is it, Luo Ji?" Xue'er asks as she finishes another question.

"Xue-jie, did you try out Glory?" Luo Ji asks, it seems he stops typing from the sound of it.

"Umu, It was pretty fun. What about you? What class will you pick? you still didn't tell me." Finally, after finishing today's homework, she sent it to her Professor's Email and texted him from the class group chat on QQ.

"I was going for a summoner class. I'm Level 12 right now, so it would take a bit before I can change classes. What about you Xue-jie? " Luo Ji said.

"Hm, I was going for blade master, it kinda interests me so I picked it along with a Taichi as my weapon. Oh, and I'm Level 13 right now."

"Wow! That's fast! When did you start?"

"At around 2:00 pm I think? or maybe later. I was playing it until 5 pm. Oh, and I encountered a hidden boss too. the cat one." Taking a sip out of her tea, she heard the door opening. it seems Mingxi is back.

"I see, I see. Do you want to play together now? Or maybe later? I just finished Professor Zhang's assignment."

"Umu, let's play together. I just finished my homework too."

"Ok! I will see you in the game, oh by the way my ID is concealed Light. What are you?"

"It's Everlasting Snow."

The King's Avatar

Login to the account, Xue'er spots the familiar ground of Green Forest, right, she logs out in front of the dungeon cave. Opening the friend tab she was about to add Luo Ji but he beat her by a hair breath.

Accepting it, she soon gets a message.

"Xue-jie? This is Xue-jie right?"

"Ah, that's someone else, you're contracting the wrong person." and send.

"...you know that you're not funny right?" Well, she tried.

"Where are you? I'm in front of the Green Forest dungeon entrance." She sends it and soon receives another message.

"Bull town, but let's meet at Spider Cave, also don't forget to buy antidotes!'' With that as their last message, Xue'er makes her way to Bull Town first to buy antidotes and then on her way to Spider Cave.

There were a lot more people than she thought, around a hundred if her eyesight was accurate and that was quite absurd, well, it was evening. so many players got off school and work so there are many more than before.

squeezing past many players, while looking for her friend she finally found his name amidst hundreds around them.

Xue'er walks toward him and then massages him to get his attention. "Look behind you." holding out her hand and pointed a finger, surprised that the game actually allowed this.

Snow's finger pressed onto Concealed Light and surprised her again with the fact that she saw the cheek moving along with her finger.

"What are you doing, Xue-jie?" Luo Ji asked her, but right now she didn't care.

"Stop moving for a second." She sends, and then continues to press her finger around the cheek, marveling at the advancement of technology that can replicate the tiniest movement even though it is not that important.

"Mh, I'm finished." Xue'er smiled at her discovery, Even though she did it as a joke, it still made her discover something that should be funny in the future.

"So, did you get the antidotes? If not, I have a spare."

"Mhm, I have 10 of them in my inventory." She answers, while the two of them walk toward the cave entrance looking around for a party.

"So, how is the guide I sent over? Is there something I should improve on or is there something that doesn't feel right?"

"Hm? Mhm, I think it is a bit too meticulous. It's not bad to be precise but doing too much will leave you no flexibility for when you need to change something, also, just the leveling guide is already 20k words long is too much. You even have a guide on how to clear each dungeon that goes step by step but Even I can't do it." Xue'er said, as she opened up the file in one of the tabs.

"I see…Then maybe I should change something huh? Not too precise and leaves some room for flexibility…" Luo Ji said out loud, thinking to himself at the moment.

After looking for a bit she finally found what she was looking for. "See your Midnight Phantom Cat guide. The party I joined up with got the same class as here, a cleric, knight, gunner, and swordsman. You write a step-by-step on how the fight is supposed to go and honestly? even for me, it is a bit too precise. what we did is basically let the knight take the lead while DPS and Support stay behind the knight's shield while dealing damage and backing off when it enrages.``

Luo Ji heard her and pondered about what he could improve on his guide.

As she watches Luo Ji talking to himself, Xue'er gets an invitation to form a part.

[Yuei Cannot Escape Fea Has Invited You to Party. Y/N?]

"Fea? How many are in your party?" Xue'er sent it to Fea, who replied immediately.

"Just me Little Snow! What? Did you have a friend with you?"

"Mhm, Irl friend, just one, I will invite you to the party." Having said that, she invites Fea to the party, and he accepts it.

"Hm? Is that your friend?" Luo Ji, coming out of his thoughts, asks her.

"Yeah, he is the knight I mentioned." As she replied to Luo Ji, she sent a message for Fea to meet up at Spider Cave.

After talking to each other for a bit, Fea shows up, wearing new gear.

"Yo! Little snow! Took you a while to show up. Oh, and this is your friend? Nice to meet ya." Fea greets them cheerfully.

"Nice to meet you." Luo Ji returned the greeting.

"So we are doing Spider Cave? Seeing as you guys just hit the mark for it, I think we should be able to clear it without a healer. Just get 2 more DPS."

"Then how are we going to heal?" Luo Ji asks.

"That's no problem! Because I already changed classes! I changed from priest to Paladin, at first I was going to try knight but it felt kinda boring being a meat shield. Ahahaha!"

Fea laugh. The two of them just nod at him. With the three together they start to type in all chat.

After waiting for a bit she got a join request, from 2 players.

[Soft Mist has requested you to join your party. Y/N]

[Harmless Joke has requested you to join your Party. Y/N]

Quickly accepting the two of them, she waits for a bit before two characters show up in front of her.

[Soft Mist LV 10 class Mage]

[Harmless Joke Lv 14 Class Gunner]

Seeing the two characters Lv and Class. Harmless Joke, a male gunner dressing flashily for a new player, greets them.

"Hello! I'm Harmless Joke! As you can see I'm a gunner."

"Soft Mist, Mage but learning Battle mage skill." Soft Mist follows.

Everlasting Snow nods at Soft Mist and then introduces herself and Concealed Light.

"Everlasting Snow, Swordsman. That Concealed Light, he is a mage."

"Hello."

Fea then introduced himself. "Call me Fea, I'm a Paladin so don't worry about healing and just dish out damage.

Considering Fea high Lv, he won't get much Exp but some materials are still going to him, and he still has 3 dungeon entries for Spider cave, so he should be able to carry them through Lv 15 and go to Boneyard field and grind there.

After all of them finish introducing themselves, they all go into the dungeon without wasting any more time.

3