Chapter 7
107 1 3
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

The King's Avatar

"Xue'er! Xue'er! We are going to be late! Wake up!" The voice seems distant in her head, She rolls herself over and covers the light that seems to be trying to penetrate her eyes open.

"Mhm… 5…. minute…."

"5 minutes not! Your class is going to start in 30 minutes!" Her blanket was snatched from her, as the light from outside got into her eyes and the cold wave of air hit"Xue'er, wake up! We're going to be late," the voice cried out urgently. But Xue'er felt like the voice was coming from a distance, as she tried to roll over and block the light that was trying to pierce through her eyelids.

"Mhm...just five more minutes," she groaned.

"It's not five minutes! Your class starts in 30 minutes!" Her blanket was snatched away, and the cold air made her curl into a ball, shivering as she tried to keep warm. her body, making her shiver up into a ball trying to keep her body warm.

"Wake up, Already! My breakfast is going to get away!" The voice kept trying and ended up revealing its goal in the process, no it was not just anyone's voice, it was her sister Mingxi's voice, groaning. She opened her eyes and looked for her phone, only to see that it was 7:36, Still more than an hour away from her class.

She looks over at Mingxi, who still dressed in pajamas is smiling widely, glaring at her, Xue'er snatches back the blanket and goes back to sleep. "...Make rice or something…" With that said, she tries to go back to sleep but Mingxi keeps bothering her.

"Please! You know I'm not a good cook! Just make me some noodles and I won't bother you anymore!" Mingxi cried as she shook Xue'er's body, Getting annoyed with her sister she got up and threw her pillow on Mingxi's face.

"..." She glared at her, but Mingxi didn't back down and tried to use her cute face. which didn't work.

"Ha…2 pack as usual?" She finally gave in, as she knew that Mingxi wouldn't let her sleep in peace. Mingxi smiled brightly and not at her, getting out of her bed, Xue'er stretched for a bit as she walked out of her room to wash her face.

After washing her face and getting some drink from the fridge, Xue'er saw Mingxi already waiting by the diner table. sighing, looking over the cabinet, she picks out 4 spicy noodle packs, deciding to make her own too.

Getting 2 small pots, she added water and boiled it, as she waited for the water to boil, she picked out 2 eggs from the fridge and a leftover green onion from yesterday.

As the water started boiling, she added the noodles with their season package, and the egg to each pot and up a cover over it, letting it boil for 5 minutes as she watched something on her phone.

As the alarm kicks in, she turns off the heat and lets it rest for a bit before adding in the green onion, taking the pots over to the diner table, she puts one in front of Mingxi and one for herself.

Mingxi beams at it, and before she even puts her down, Mingxi has already started eating her.

Well, no use delaying it, Xue'er took a bite and let the heat sink in to wake her up, as she slowly ate her own, Mingxi had already finished her and was eyeing her pot. It is a good thing she makes 4 packs, She shares her noodles with Mingxi, and to her delight, she eats almost half of Xue er's pot.

Cleaning took a bit of time as there were yesterday's dishes, and by the time everything was finished it was already 8:10 a.m.

After taking a shower and changing into comfortable clothes, Xue'er grabbed her bag and headed to her university. Mingxi was already leaving for an early class. Xue'er's walk was uneventful, with the cold wind brushing against her face. She was grateful for wearing her hoodie coat today.

As Xue'er arrived at the university, everything seemed normal. She greeted her classmates, took notes, and listened to the professor. However, her mind was elsewhere and she found herself constantly reaching for her phone to watch that Game. Luckily, they were studying in a lecture hall where the professor couldn't keep an eye on everything.

As the day started coming to an end, she was feeling giddy, anxiously reaching for her phone now and then as she walked back home, trying to increase her music volume to distract herself and almost walking into the pole.

Entering her apartment, Xue'er walked with haste as she arrived in her room, taking out her homework and focusing everything she had on it, she finished in an hour, Looking at the time, it was 6:43 p.m.

"..." she was contemplating, whether to make dinner or order one tonight. "Ngh…." Picking up her phone and messages Mingxi to order whatever she wants for tonight's dinner.

Quickly booting up her computer and Glory. Inserting in the card and ID.

Finally, she logged in to the game as Everlasting Snow again.

Xue'er…is starting to become addicted. that's no good, she didn't even practice her guitar…

Deciding not to put her mind to it, she started looking over her friend list and was astonished.

[Soft Mist Lvl 20]

She still is offline but that astonishes her, the fact that Soft Mist has already reached lv 20 after a whole day. Smiling to herself, she decided to grind out today and reach Soft Mist level.

The King's Avatar

"Xue'er! Pizza arrives!" Mingxi called out to her sister from the dining room, with pizza in her mouth and phone in hand, she browsed through the internet, reading news and everything. But for some reason, Her sister didn't respond to her call.

deciding to check it out, she put her phone down and walked to her sister's room, Mingxi could hear the faint sound of clicking from inside, she tried to open the door but to her shock, it was locked.

Xue'er wasn't the kind of person to lock her room, Mingxi knocked on the door and waited for a few minutes, she could hear the sound stop and a footstep inside.

"What?" Xue'er said to her, rather rudely.

"Pizza arrives, I call you and you not answering so I come over." Mingxi said as she took Xue'er's hand, "Let's eat."

"Ah…wait…I need to log out." Xue'er quickly goes inside and Logs out of the game she has been playing.

"Glory? Is it that fun?" Mingxi asked, she had never seen Xue'er become this addicted to something this fast. Normally, this girl was very detached from those around her, not her family or that boy Luo Ji, Mingxi knows that Xue'er never really took interest in anything, the only reason she played that mobile game of her is that she thought the ad was funny and got invest by the story in the game.

"Ah…it was more fun than I expected," Xue'er answers her. "It engaging and there are many things that interest me. I even get to fight hidden boss on my first dungeon. then as I play the boss gets more difficult and fun, there is a spider that keeps jumping and shooting web on you too."

Mingxi listened as she stuffs pizza down, seeing Xue'er so enthusiastic about something is a rare occurrence, the first time was when she started playing guitar and the second time was when she played that game…What is it called? guardian something.

Well, Mingxi tried it too and she admitted that it was fun but she just hops on now and then, unlike Xue'er who plays every day. Well, as long as Xue'er is happy, Mingxi is happy too.

The King's Avatar

Click tick click… Vzzrt! Vzzzzrt!

"Heh?" Picking up her phone, Xue'er looked over at it, it was already past midnight, she had been playing nonstop since she ate…and she hadn't even picked up her alarm.

Looking over at her screen, she saw the fruit of her work.

[Everlasting Snow Lvl 21]

When she hit level 20, she changed her class to Blade Master, which grants her Sword mastery, which increases by 2% and there are many subclasses in this, of course, she chooses Taichi, which affects some of her skills to change their status as well, Like sword Draw now do magic damage with it Sword Aura. though the damage is low.

She will put more points into this skill after she gets more skill points. After celebrating her progress with a late-night snack, she looked over her friend list and she was astonished.

[Soft Mist Lvl 25]

Well, that is not everything Xue'Er is about to be surprised about, as there is suddenly an announcement in all chats.

[Congratulations to [Tyranical Ambition] for breaking [ Frost forest ] record. Player Lord Grim, Soft Mist, Steamed Bun Invasion, Cleansing Mist, and Crowd Lover. Time 13m 05s ]

She quickly sent congratulations to Soft Mist, as she knows from Luo Ji that breaking a record is not something you can do every day, as it requires immense skill and teamwork.

"Congrats on breaking the record! 13m 05s is very fast." she sent, as she waited a bit for the response, Soft Mist finally sent it.

"Thank." A short answer.

Well, it's not like she expects much. saying goodbye to Soft Mist, she logs out of Glory and goes back to get some sleep.

3