2. Negotiation
28 0 1
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

“Hyde, are you sure that you can survive the consequences?”

“Yes.” Hyde wanted to say it, but he wasn’t sure if he could. 

Recently, he acquired a couple of online and offline educational platforms. As a director of the technology wing of the Niw Group, he was the head of the project, although his eldest son mainly handled it.

Merger and accusation cases could never be clean. Neither was his. Even if he was, he was sure if the nation's government put a hold on it, it wouldn’t be hard to do so. 

It was also why he had made his father arrange the marriage with the minister of education's daughter.

Hyde clenched his fist, thinking of beating the shit out of his second son. He was confident that this endeavor would fail without his father's assistance.

“Father…”

“Bastard, you should have controlled your son when you still had the time.”

Nester slumped in the chair as he looked around the room. His eyes suddenly got stuck on the boy sitting at the table at the far end of the hall.

He was enjoying his breakfast while looking at the sea, which was not too far away. Even Nester dismissed his thought for the first time before he decided to call him, in the end, “Eigen.”

“Father.”

“Grandfather.”

Reed, Eigen’s father, and Rubi protested at the same time. Rubi was more vocal than her father, saying, “What are you thinking? He is too young.”

While Reed and Rubi were trying to put some sense into Nester’s head, Reed’s wife, Viola, was smirking as she fed his five-year-old.

She was Reed’s third wife. Reed’s first wife gave birth to Rubi and died. He divorced his second wife, Eigen’s mother, and married her. 

Her background in business made her view Eigen as an obstacle to his son’s inheritance. Although he had moved out of Reed’s house when he was thirteen, she still considered him a threat because he was Reed's only other son.

However, from their position, no one noticed Eigen’s smirk as he wiped out the coffee foam from his upper lips. He slowly pushed his chair back and walked lazily towards Nester.

He had been waiting for this day to come for a long time. 

In his last life, he was forced to marry Grace just like this one. 

Despite their present animosity, his father and sister swiftly changed their minds after Nester made an excellent promise to them. 

He couldn’t just let others have the fruit of his labor. However, it wasn’t just for the rewards that he was willing to marry Grace.

The reason behind that is Grace herself.

He wasn’t as famous in his last life as in this. He was still a child actor. More importantly, he had all the makings of a spoiled young master.

With the money and connections, he could land a few roles, but he failed in almost all of them. Unlike his father, he lacked business acumen but possessed Reed's charm with the ladies.

Expectedly, it didn’t end well. 

After failing to succeed, he spent almost all his time at clubs and other places. Yet Grace didn’t leave him. Even when he acted like the worst scum, she cared for him. Grace not only supported him financially after his family disowned him, but she also raised their two children.

After making it to the age of forty in his previous incarnation, he tragically passed away in a vehicle accident. 

Eigen is sure that if it were the cultivation world he had transmigrated into, Grace would have been a high-level cultivator, just with her high patience.

After being reborn in this world again, Eigne met her once. 

The system that was residing in his mind proved his assumption. He knew the least he could do was pay Grace for all her suffering.

“We can talk in private.” 

Nester looked at him in surprise. He was sure this teenager had heard everything they were discussing until now. 

Eigen was one of the male heirs, and Nester could also guess what he was about to ask. However, out of all the responses he was expecting from him, this wasn’t one of them.

“Hey?” Rubi grabbed his hand, asking, “What are you doing?”

Eigen didn’t even turn toward his sister and continued to look at his grandfather, saying, “We don’t have much time. And I don’t think we can talk here peacefully.”

“Hey, Eigen.” This time, Reed was trying to pull his son to the side.

“Get out.” Nester didn’t give him any chance. “Everybody, get out.”

“Father…” Nester’s children were the first to protest. But Nester was having none of it. 

One of Eigen's cousins, whom Nester often spoiled, asked, "Grandfather, I did not eat breakfast. Can I leave after I eat?"

“You won’t starve to death if you don’t have breakfast. Get out.” Nester shouted, and others hurried away.

Eigen didn’t look at them. He could still feel gazes filled with envy, hate, and pity. 

After cultivating for almost 700 years in the second world and with the help of AI from the first world, Eigen was beyond the limit of humans.

Yet, when he became a child again in this world, all he wanted was to live peacefully. He understood well that the living on the edge lifestyle didn’t suit him, nor did the immortal lifestyle.

However, that doesn’t mean he wouldn’t use the advantages. For example, a small list appeared at the edge of his view when he looked at Nester.

[Nester Webb

Age- 67

Healty. Agitated. Curious.]

It could also show all the knowledge available on the internet or his cultivation status. But none of it is important right now.

Eigen raised his hand and showed two fingers. 

“What?” Nester wasn’t sure if he had understood correctly.

“There are two things I want from you.”

“Don’t waste my time.”

“34% stock of Niw Media Company.” Eigen knew that in his last life, Reed was able to get 5% of the stocks of Niw automobiles. If he has to compare it by value, then he could get about 18% of the stocks.

Although it wasn’t the best in the world, its yearly revenue would still put it in the top 50 media companies. However, that will soon change. In the span of ten years, during the streaming age, it will become one of the top twenty in the world.

And the reason behind the company's conservative approach till now is because a family member owns 81% of the company. 

However, the Niw Pharma group will go public soon. Considering the prospect, one of his uncles and aunts will soon liquidate about 30% to buy pharma stocks.

“Do you think I don’t know that the 2C investment group, which is holding onto your private fund, has bought 4% of the shares?” Nester couldn’t help but take another look at his grandson, whom he just thought to be a hedonist who liked to play around like his mother.

Nester always gives small bundle stakes to each of his grandchildren when they are born. And this one in front of him was the only one who had sold it. This is also why he hated him a little.

“Why does it matter?”

"Because with the amount you are asking for, it would own the majority of the company's shares. I can’t do that.” Nester smiled proudly, probing, “Why do you plan to buy our group's share again? Didn’t you sell them before?”

“You didn’t give me the stocks of the media company.”

“No matter what it was, it amounted to 1 million at that time. In the last 18 years, it would have tripled in value, if not more. But you, dumb bastard, had sold it.”

“116,917,” Eigen said as the AI produced the number at the edge of his vision. Nester looked at him in confusion. 

So, Eigen explained, “Niw Records and Niw Paper Co. had closed down about seven years ago. Niw Mills also lost 40% of its value. The only good stock that increased was Niw Travels. Then it was merged with the Niw Hotel Group last year. So, I would have gotten 116,917 if I sold those stock bundles today.”

Nester looked at him in confusion for a moment before bursting out laughing. “I see you have come prepared. Did you know your brother would flee today?”

Eigen smiled but didn’t elaborate anymore. Nester kept a smile on his lips, asking, “What is the second thing?”

“34% stocks of Niw Academy online study platform stocks.”

In a blink, the smile evaporated, and Nester glared at him. “Don’t you overestimate your value a little too much?”

“No.” Eigen shook his head.

 

1