First conversation with the ruler.
23 0 1
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

???: "Finally, we meet..."

"Have we met? Who are you? Where am I?"

???: "Who am I? Don't you recognize the man whose powers you've been using? Well, that royal kid must have told you something about me."

No, this can't be...

"Are you the ruler?"

Ruler: "Finally, you recognized me. So, how does it feel to harness the aura of a ruler?"

"Disgusting and full of arrogance, apart from that? I haven't really thought about it."

Ruler: "Hahaha, your sense of humor was one of the reasons I chose you."

"Yeah, would you like to hear a funnier joke, like 'get lost,' for example?"

Ruler: "Hahaha, so you're not afraid of me, huh? It's been a while since I heard such brave words."

"My friend, are you still talking? How about telling me how to get out of here?"

Ruler: "Normally, escaping from a mental prison would be difficult for someone like you right now, but of course, if I weren't in your mind."

"I'm in my mind? So, you're not really a figment of my imagination?"

Ruler: "Hey, why do you look so upset? Anyway, yes, I've been searching for an heir for a long time, and my spirit was wandering in emptiness until I found you. I chose you, and ever since you came into this world, I've been in your head."

"Do you see everything I do then?"

Ruler: "Yes, I see it all. Things seem to be going well with that girl, Lilith. Also, I didn't expect you to establish a kingdom of monsters."

"Didn't you expect it? I'm using your powers, so you should have had some idea of what I could do with these abilities."

Ruler: "Well, there's where you're wrong, Daichi. You haven't used any of my powers yet. All the abilities you've used belong to you. That's why I chose you. Do you know how I defeated all the gods and challenged the creator of the system? Do you think it's possible with a little ambition and hard work?"

"Some parts of the story seemed absurd to me, but it's a story after all, right? I really don't believe you've defeated those gods."

Ruler: "Hey, it's true that I defeated all of them, okay? But there are some things that are incorrect. I never went mad and started killing people for no reason. Initially, I defeated the gods and tried to bring them to my side, so I could challenge the creator of the system. But, you know, things never go as planned."

"Yeah, the story of my life."

Ruler: "While everything was going well, the person controlling the system turned everything upside down. He has the ability to manipulate the powers and classes, but that doesn't make him invincible. Just when I was about to defeat him, he managed to drive me insane by messing with the powers of my class."

"Do you really expect me to believe all of this?"

Ruler: "Listen to me, I mentioned that I haven't used any of my powers so far, right? That's because you have a class from birth; it was predetermined when you were born. It's a unique class just for you, similar to mine. I was the first person born with a class within all these systems and universes. Avenger class. With this class, I gained strength and had the chance to challenge the person controlling the system. Do you understand what I'm saying?"

"So you're saying that the person controlling the system also has a class from birth?"

Ruler: "Yes, the god of gods, the omnipotent one, born with the system class. He is the controller of all these systems and at the same time, the system itself. So, if we kill him..."

"The system dies with him."

Even if I couldn't fully trust what he said, it wouldn't hurt to listen.

"What about why you chose me?"

Ruler: "Because you're the third."

"Third?"

Ruler: "The creator of the system and the third person born with a class after me. No one has the abilities you possess, and no one ever will. No one knows what your power is truly capable of. Maybe you're an extremely weak person..."

???: "Or someone powerful enough to defy the gods."

Ruler: "Exactly, that's why I chose you. Perhaps with both our powers, we can defeat him."

"Sorry, but I'm not interested in your little revenge game right now; I have more important matters at hand."

Ruler: "I know that, and you're free to do what you want, but one day the system will notice you, and your loved ones will be in danger. Then, you'll need me to do everything you can."

"Why don't you just give me your powers right away, then? What do you want from me?"

Ruler: "Even if I wanted to, I can't. You saw what happened when you last tried to use my powers. The system corrupted my class, cursed me with a mind that seeks to oppress and control the weak, and my revenge class was always inclined towards that, but I could restrain myself. Now, I've reached a level of power that I can't control alone."

"So, if I become powerful enough to control your power."

Ruler: "You could become more powerful than you've ever been. Let's hope you won't need me, and you can defeat the system with your own strength."

"As I said before, I don't care about revenge, but if anyone dares to mess with me and my loved ones, I'll make them regret their existence."

Ruler: "I'd love to talk more, but you're about to break free from the mental prison. You're lucky that sharing your mind with someone as overwhelmingly powerful as me will make you immune to mental attacks."

"Hope we never meet again."

The ruler's voice faded away gradually.

Ruler: "LEARN TO CONTROL YOUR AURA! THEN WE'LL MEET AGAIN!"

And suddenly, I was back to the moment I got trapped.

Dagger: "Boss! Boss, are you okay?"

What's happening? It's as if no time has passed; that despicable Lebron is still in front of me. So, did no time pass during our entire conversation? Is this ruler guy capable of controlling time? I better learn his name next time because I don't want to keep calling him "ruler."

Lebron: "He fell into my trap! He'll go insane and die here!"

Dagger: "I'LL KILL YOU!"

"Dagger, stop! I'm fine; don't kill him."

Dagger: "Boss?"

Dagger's eyes were filled with tears, and he looked upset and angry, probably thinking something happened to me.

Lebron: "How does this happen!? You were supposed to be stuck there!"

"We've reached the end, Lebron. Remove the seal from all the slaves."

Lebron: "Fine, fine, but you have to promise not to kill me."

"I think it would be better if I kill you right away; I can find another wizard to break the seal."

Lebron: "Okay, okay!"

I cut off one of Lebron's arms with my sword.

Lebron: "AHH! You cursed bastard! You promised not to kill me!"

"I never said I wouldn't kill you, did I? I'm not a saint, but you'll die here with all your sins."

Dagger attacked Lebron and killed him. Before killing him, Dagger gouged out his eyes and cut off his tongue, given the anger he had earlier. Then he ended Lebron's life by cutting his throat.

"Dagger, if anything happens to me, even if I die, don't act like this again. If something happens to me, you must protect everyone in the village; never forget that responsibility."

Dagger: "Sorry, boss. I thought I could protect you, but you ended up protecting me."

"Protecting your loved ones is never easy."

Dagger: "How can I protect my loved ones, boss?"

"Get stronger. Become so powerful that no one can harbor any hostility towards you."

These words seemed to have an impact on Dagger. Getting stronger, huh? Maybe that ruler guy is right; I should get stronger. Wasn't he saying that I was born with this class, and it's unique to me? So, did I obtain all these abilities until now rightfully? What is the true power of this class? How much stronger can I become? Should I gain more abilities? Should I level up more?

I don't know, but one thing I do know is that I have to get stronger.

I hurriedly ran to Aiden.

"Hey, buddy, are you okay?"

Aiden: "Daichi? Is that you?"

He looked too exhausted and drained to speak.

"Don't worry, my friend; you're safe now. I'll get you out of here, and we'll have a drink, alright?"

Aiden: "Is Malik coming too? These bastards stole all my money already."

"Hahaha, it doesn't matter; you don't have to worry about money anymore."

Malik was running towards us covered in blood, but judging by the smile on his face, it didn't seem to be his.

Malik: "Having another chat without me, huh?"

Malik jumped on us and hugged us tightly.

Aiden: "I can't breathe."

"Get off us, you monster!"

Malik took Aiden on his back, and we returned to Dembrick's inn. We didn't linger in the common area as people drinking there got concerned about our bloody appearance. We went straight to our rooms. Aiden would stay with Malik tonight, and they were fine. I and Lilith went to our room and lay down. Sleeping next to each other had become a normal thing.

Lilith: "You look happy."

"Hm? Really?"

Lilith: "Your smile says so."

I hadn't noticed until Lilith mentioned it, but there was indeed a smile on my face. I was happy because everyone was safe now. Dagger and the other goblins were sent back to the village using the portal. Aiden and Malik were fine, and, of course, Lilith was by my side.

Do the Lirius family know about all this? Why did they hide the existence of another son from me? Is it my problem? Aiden is safe now, can't I just let it go? No, I can't. As long as that bastard is alive, many people like Aiden will be kidnapped, and I also need to get revenge for Aiden. Hahaha, revenge, huh? Since when did I start thinking about such things? Maybe it's that guy in my mind; did the ruler's class make him vengeful? I wonder what kind of powers he had and how he became so strong. Will I ever be as powerful as him?

Can I protect my loved ones?

Lilith: "Hey, don't make that face."

"What face?"

Lilith: "That face like you have to face everything alone. I'm here, and your friends are here. Besides, you're a king, which means you have a whole nation supporting you."

She was right; I wasn't alone anymore.

"I'm glad you're here, Lilith. You're right; I'm not alone—HEY, WHERE IS YOUR HAND GOING!?".

1