Facing the gods.
15 0 1
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Assassin: "What the hell is happening!"

Gunslinger: "I have no idea, damn it! Try to get close to him, I'll keep attacking!"

The Gunslinger continued to fire rapid attacks, but the bullets seemed to have no effect on Daichi. The Assassin quickly ran to the right side and got to Daichi's left, running on the walls of the Arena and suddenly leaped towards Daichi with daggers in hand.

Assassin: "GOT YOU NOW!"

Daichi raised his left hand and directed it towards the Assassin's location. He created a massive aura explosion, a black and fierce aura burst instantly, annihilating the Assassin and the indestructible arena. What appeared beyond the vanished walls of the Arena was nothing but a void, as if the arena was in a void in the middle of space.

Gunslinger: "What the hell is this! I give up, I surrender!"

[Opposing Team Surrendered, You Win. Transferring to Room.]

Daichi was looking at the system notifications appearing in front of him. They were teleported back to their rooms with a bright light flash.

Lisa: "D-Daichi? Look at me, Daichi! Calm down! We're back in the room! See, I'm okay!"

Lisa was shouting and trying to calm Daichi down, the aura emanating from Daichi started filling the room and cracking the walls. Daichi continued to stare blankly as if he couldn't hear her. With his body turned black and eyes stark white, he stood menacingly in the middle of the room, then raised his head to the ceiling and thought:

"I'm tired of your games."

He raised his hand to the ceiling and fired a massive aura explosion, completely destroying the ceiling and opening up to a space void-like place, just like the arena.

"I know you are out there, show yourselves," he thought to himself.

Meanwhile, among the gods...

Seth: "Does he think he can disrespect us like this?"

Brahma: "I personally created those rooms and the arena, how could he destroy them?"

Loki: "Isn't it obvious? There's only one person who could help him surpass the power of the gods."

Athena: "Be careful with your words, Loki, he might hear you."

The Creator of the System descended among the gods.

Zeus: "Everyone be quiet! The Supreme One has arrived!"

???: "He, possesses power."

Ra: "Power? Are you talking about the same power you and that man have?"

Odin: "You seem excited, Ra, are you hoping for another salvation?"

Ra: "What are you implying, Odin?"

Odin: "Everyone knows you're a traitor, how much longer will you keep up this act?"

Ra: "How long have you been waiting to say that, you lowlife?"

Zeus: "Silence! You're disturbing Him!"

???: "I cannot directly intervene with him, if I try to kill him directly, it could disrupt time and reality. We took that risk once, and you know what happened."
Odin: "So, what do we do? Just leave him be?"

???: "I said I can't intervene directly, which means I still have a chance to kill him using the games, or by using you."

Loki: "Us? Do you know how much perception we lose by descending to the world of humans? You don't have that problem because you are the System itself, but we are not like you!"

Zeus: "If someone is going, it won't be a weak god like you, Loki, you have no say!"

Ra: "Then who will go? You know we could be erased from reality itself if we lose the perception we gamble!"

Ares: "I will go."

Aphrodite: "What?"

Ares: "I said, I'll go. I lost to that man in the last battle. This time I'll win, I'll crush the snake's head before he grows stronger."

Aphrodite: "It's too dangerous!"

Ares: "Enough! I'm going. Supreme One, send me there."

???: "The choice is yours..."

Daichi, as if knowing something was coming for him, looked up at the sky, but an inner voice urged him to push further.

[Sky Steps]

Daichi ascended at an immeasurable speed in the sky, reaching the deepest darkness of the void-like space. When he reached there, he detonated his aura again and opened a rift to where the gods were.

Zeus: "What? Did he pierce reality?"

Odin: "Is this man mad? Does he think he can fight us all at once?"

???: "We can't fight him here, if he can pierce reality, he could destroy 'Heaven.' If this place is destroyed, we will perish with it."

Loki: "Then what do we do!?"

???: "Ares, I'm sending you there and will close the rift behind you. If you can kill him, I'll open the rift again and bring you back, but if you lose..."

Ares: "I'll be erased from reality, I understand."

???: "Then I'm sending you now."

Aphrodite: "No, Hades!"

The creator of the system teleported Ares to the entrance of the rift opened by Daichi and then closed the rift.

Meanwhile, Daichi:

"The rift closed? Then I'll open it again!"

As he was about to reopen the rift, he felt an attack coming from his right side, it was Ares's spear strike. Dodging the attack, he retreated.

Ares: "For a mortal to have the same power as the Supreme One... The last time I faced someone with such power, I nearly died."

"What a pity, then I'll make sure you die today."
Daichi, using high-powered aura explosions and aura techniques, began moving and attacking around Ares at an extremely high speed.

"The Ring: Dagger!"

He attempted to inflict cuts on Ares' body with daggers, but the daggers shattered.

"The Ring: Sword!"

Even when Daichi unsheathed his sword, the most powerful weapon made from wyvern bone, it failed to leave a scratch on Ares and shattered. He exhausted all the weapons in his possession - scythe, spear, everything - but to no avail. He couldn't channel aura into the tools because he lacked a material capable of sustaining the power.

Ares: "Are your struggles over? Witness what a real weapon is like then."

Ares began attacking Daichi with spear strikes. Each strike caused massive explosions in the void. The explosions were so powerful that even Lisa, miles below, could feel them.

Daichi barely evaded Ares' every attack. The spear strikes caused significant energy explosions wherever they landed, throwing Daichi off balance with their force. However, utilizing his speed and agility, Daichi started predicting Ares' attacks and adjusting his movements accordingly.

A plan rapidly formed in Daichi's mind. While Ares might have the advantage in power and experience, Daichi wouldn't give up. A determined expression filled his eyes as a bright white light gleamed, and he took a deep breath.

"If my weapons can't harm you, then I become the weapon."

Daichi decided to elevate his aura usage to the next level, transforming his body directly into an energy weapon. It was an extremely risky move, pushing the limits of his physical and mental capabilities. However, Daichi had no other choice.

When Ares swung his spear again, Daichi retaliated. Gathering his energy, he formed an aura blade extending from his body. This blade wasn't a tangible physical object but a compressed, sharpened form of pure energy. It successfully deflected Ares' spear, and Daichi stood a few steps away from him. Both warriors locked eyes.

Ares: "Do you think this will be enough to defeat me?"

Ignoring Ares' words, Daichi continued attacking. Despite creating an aura blade that rapidly circled Ares, cutting him, these small cuts weren't enough to bring him down.

Ares: "HAHAHA, A BIT OF BLOOD ADDS COLOR TO THE BATTLE, DOESN'T IT? WELL, IT'S MY TURN NOW!"

Suddenly, Ares went berserk, amplifying his strength multiple times. He unleashed rapid and powerful attacks on Daichi, not giving him a chance to counter.

Ares: "I can't believe I'm using this power for someone as weak as you! But since you possess that power, someday you might become as strong as him! SO, I'M GOING TO KILL YOU HERE AND NOW!"

Ares launched a final and powerful spear strike towards Daichi.

"[Portal]"

Daichi opened a portal, making Ares' spear strike hit the portal instead. Simultaneously, he opened another portal directly to Ares' heart, but this trick wasn't enough to deceive him.

Ares: "SO, YOU HAD A TRICK LIKE THIS? WHEN I SAW YOU COULD ONLY INFLICT SCRATCHES WITH THOSE SMALL SWORDS, I KNEW YOU'D LAST A BIT LONGER! BUT NOW, IT'S OVER!"

"Trick? Hahahaha..."

Ares: "You should be glad you can still laugh! Soon, you won't be able to!"

Ares withdrew his spear from the portal, and Daichi canceled his portal ability, reappearing where the portal had been.

"You mentioned that my small aura blades couldn't harm you, right? So, what if there's a larger aura blade? Or... an Aura Bomb?"

Ares: "Are you talking about what you're holding? Did you really think you could defeat me with a big bomb? As I thought, you're just a human."

"[Mechanism] Create Nuclear Bomb." Daichi's Mechanism ability allowed him to create any mechanism he imagined. However, he knew a regular bullet or a man-made bomb wouldn't harm a god, so he filled the bomb with all the aura in his body, making it ready to explode at any moment.

"You're right, I'm human. But you forgot one thing..."

[Portal]
[Portal]
[Portal]

Daichi created thousands of portals, surrounding both Ares and himself. Nobody would escape from this area.

Ares: "Hey, what are you doing? Are you sacrificing yourself to kill me? It's a brave move, but you still don't understand that you can't kill me."

Daichi held the nuclear bomb with a small crack, and a tiny fraction of aura leaked out.

Ares: "W-What's that aura level? WHAT ARE YOU TRYING TO DO!"

Ares felt great fear; he knew he had to escape. Despite his attempts to flee at full speed, he kept coming out of one portal and entering another.

"Men are brave, you bastard."

Another crack appeared in the bomb, and Daichi's nuclear aura bomb exploded. The blast was so immense that before it could reach Ares, his skin had already peeled off. The explosion occurred, and with the help of the surrounding portals, it compressed the massive energy burst into a small space, preventing it from spreading. After a while, the portals disappeared, and the energy trapped within them spread throughout the void. There was no trace of Ares or Daichi.

Ruler: "You're lucky I saved your ass, you son of a bitch. I almost disappeared with you..."

1