{OLD}Chapter 1 : Afterlife-ish
205 5 8
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

              Blood. All of Owens' senses were in chaos, except for that taste. The iron liquid was collecting in his lungs, as his thoughts returned. Watching as the car that struck him sped away, screams assaulted his hearing as onlookers reacted. Why the fuck would you care? I'm finally done with this. See you soon guys, Owen hoped as everything faded into nothingness.

              Next thing Owen knew he was sitting in an office surrounded by white. He grasped his head as everything just seemed...wrong. Quickly glancing around the space he noticed there are no doors or windows, nothing at all save the chair he’s sitting on, and an ornate desk in front of him.

              “Discomfort is normal, you did just get hit by a car Mr.McNeal”, a sweet voice calms him from behind the desk. 

              Owen looked towards the desk only to see a tall female figure behind it. She looks like the best damn cosplay of Anubis I’ve ever seen, Owen thought as his eyes drank in the sight. From her bronze skin decorated with golden accessories, to her white robe split down the middle divulging her assets. Owen wrenched his eyes upwards following her onyx hair to spot jackal ears atop her head, although once his eyes meet hers, emeralds would pale compared to them. 

              “She’s a Goddess”, Owen mutters under his breath, trying to take everything in.

              “Well yes Mr. McNeal”, She giggled, “With my father being Anubis that does make me a Goddess. My name is Kebechet. I'm sorry we had to meet under such circumstances” Kebechet says timidly.

              “Y-You can just call me Owen,” he managed to stutter, “So I know I’m dead and all, but what do you mean by circumstances?” Upon hearing his question, she shrank into her chair for a moment. Kebechet shuffled slightly, pressing her index fingers together in front of her, struggling for the right words.

              “It’s not really a-”

              “I made a mistake,” She interrupted him, “ you weren't supposed to die yet! Which makes this so much harder as I have a huge favor to ask.” Casting his eyes down Owen could only hope she didn't want to send him back to that hell.

              “Well I can’t exactly say no to a Goddess, but what kind of favor do you need from me Kebechet?” As Owen agreed to hear her out, he looked up and noticed she was leaning over the desk giving him what could only be described as literally puppy dog eyes.

              “Oh that’s great Owen,” Kebechet eagerly replied, “It would basically be allowing me to reincarnate you into another world so that my dad doesn't notice you died. Oh, I’ll also throw in a Gift to make up for everything.” Kebechet whoops as she jumps up from her desk and walks around towards him. Holy hell I don’t even think the word Goddess can portray her figure accurately. She clasped her hands on his face pulling him away from his thoughts.

              “Um Kebechet what kinda world would I be in, do I just start all over, and what do you mean by gift.” Owen rambled on before catching himself, “Sorry I didn't mean to ask so many questions”, trailing off as he realizes how close her face is.

              “No, No, it’s ok. I should explain” She stands up properly,  putting her hand on her cheek, “The world that would suit you the best is one called Mythis, it’s very similar to the high fantasy stories from your old world. Magic, Dragons, multiple races, all these things. Sadly no you don’t get to start over, since I have to move you straight into that world, you’ll also retain your current memories.” Kebechet took a deep breath as she rested her body on her desk in front of him. “As for my Gift it's simply that, something to be useful to you in this new world as an apology for...killing you.” Slumping her shoulders in defeat as the final words escaped her.

              Shit, so even Gods can fuck up huh. Fuck it, it’s not like I had anything else going for me. Everyone deserves a second chance--right. Owen stood straight up, confident with his decision.  “Kebechet don’t worry about it, I wasn't doing anything with my life anyway. For me this is just a second chance with a bonus to go with it. So yes to your favor, as for my Gift if you can just make me a video game character that way at least I’ll be able to interact with this new world in a familiar sense.” As he looked down and locked eyes with her, he noticed the tears welling up. Kebechet slowly rose and hugged him abruptly. The only thought able to go through his head at that moment was, Holy shit she is amazing. 

              She lets go soon after and says, “If you don’t mind I’ll need to go through your memories very briefly to create this Gift for you, since I don’t have much knowledge about these game characters whose magic you wish to have.” She reaches forward and places her hand on his forehead, “Ok I seem to have a good idea of what you meant, thank you for agreeing and I'm so sorry; but this is also goodbye” Those were the final words Owen heard before everything went black.

              Once the human left Kebechet sank back down at her desk and let out a breath she didn’t realize she was holding, “I don’t know what dad meant about humans being so terrible, or maybe it was just luck since he was the first?” She giggles lightly and proceeds to start with the paperwork that appeared on her desk.

Which Continent will Owen Appear On?
  • Leftmost Votes: 4 50.0%
  • Center Votes: 2 25.0%
  • Rightmost Votes: 2 25.0%
Total voters: 8 · This poll was closed on Mar 10, 2020 03:02 AM.
8