c102
428 0 8
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

This is the twelfth time in my life that I have been invited to the royal palace. The number of times I've been invited to the royal palace has been increasing dramatically lately.

 I've been called to the royal palace by Claudia and Eleonore every now and then.

"This way, please."

"Ah."

 I was taken to the royal family's private room, which is located in the back of the palace. I was nervous at first, but I got used to it.

"I'm so glad you're here, Dee."

"Your Highness Eleonore, Dietfried Baumgarten, I have come to see you."

 Eleonore greets me with a smile on her clear face.

 Today I am the only one who has been summoned by Eleonore. Claudia also wants to meet with Cornelia and Lily, but Eleonore wants to meet with me one-on-one.

"'Please, have a seat."

"Excuse me."

 Unlike at the academy, there are a lot of maids looking at me. She doesn't take a casual attitude. Among the maids, there were a few that I had seen at the academy.

 Perhaps they are maids at the royal palace as apprentices. Or maybe they are the girls of poor nobles who are in need of money. It costs a lot of money to keep up appearances as a noble.

 I'd like to send Cornelia and Lily to the royal court as apprentices, too.

 Not having been taught by a proper teacher, I'm not too sure about the etiquette skills required of them. ......

"Excuse me."

 As soon as I sat down on the chair, a middle-aged maid prepared tea and snacks for me. This middle-aged maid is probably the best of all the maids with eleonore. She has a kind smile on her face, but I sense a certain dignity about her.

 Today's pastry seems to be cookies. The aroma of wheat and butter is softly fragrant.

 The sweets at the royal palace are delicious, so that's to be expected.

 First Eleonore picks one of the cookies, eats it, and drinks tea. It is now a formality, but this is a poisonous taste. She eats the tea and sweets she has prepared first, proving that they are not poisoned.

 Well, now it is recognized as a kind of courtesy. It only means that I should be careful not to touch the sweets before the person who prepared them, because it is a violation of etiquette.

"Please, have some, Dee."

"Thank you."

 After watching Eleonore finish eating, I quickly reached for a cookie. The cookies are small enough to be eaten in one bite. The cookies are small enough to eat in one bite, probably so as not to stain your clothes with cookie crumbs.

 Without breaking the cookie, I put it in my mouth and chew it. The cookie crumbles, and I immediately feel the aroma of wheat and the rich buttery sweetness. It was delicious. As I thought, the court cook's skill is outstanding.

"Mmmmmm..."

 As I eat two or three cookies, I hear a small laugh. It is Eleonore. Eleonore is laughing, but her expression is so soft that those who know her normally would think they were misjudging her. It is as if she is an ideal mother laughing at her own child, or perhaps a special expression that she would show only to her lover.

 When she smiled at me, I felt my face heat up and my heart beat faster.

 What is it? What is this feeling of embarrassment and joy?

"What is it ......?"

"Dee always eats a lot, yes? I asked them to prepare more for today."

 It is true that the group of cookies placed on the plate as if drawing a pattern seemed to be larger than usual.

 I mean, did Eleonore even remember that?

'I wasn't sure what I would do if there was too much left over, but I'm glad you liked it."

"'Thank you very much ......'

 I'm kind of a little embarrassed .......

"This is also my role as a wife ....... Oh, no, nerver mind "

 Eleonore smiles cheerfully as she says this. Is she talking like it's natural to treat people as a host who has invited people over? As expected of royalty. She's very confident.

 But still, I never thought Eleonore would make such a kind face. If one knows the dour Eleonore at the academy, one must have caught a cold from the gap. Even in games, she was always so sharp.

 But I find Eleonore adorable. Eleonore may not be exactly the same as the character in the game that I fell in love with as a child, but I can't help feeling that she is not the same as the real Eleonore I see now. However, the current Eleonore in real life is much more attractive to me.

Now Eleonore has a warmth, a human touch, of course. Of course I admire the cool Eleonore from the game, but I like Eleonore's smile.

"Dee likes sweets more than I expected. It's so cute."

"Your Highness Eleonore is cuter."

 I found myself saying something like that, my mouth moving of its own accord.

 Eleonore's face turned red all at once. I was also getting red at once.

"No, um, what is it ......?"

I'm so pleased. ......

 I was in a hurry, and Eleonore's murmur reached my ears.

 Eleonore turned over a little and smiled at me with her face bright red and looking up at me.

 What a cute creature!

8