c104
426 1 8
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

"It took me a while to persuade His Majesty, but I'm glad that my granddaughter and you are both willing to go along with it. The granddaughter is a very good girl, if I may say so myself. I am sure she will be satisfied. Come, Lord Baumgarten. Let's go."

 I finally realized that I had been tricked by General Altmeyer.

 The reward is Altmeyer's granddaughter?

 No national treasure? No holy sword!

Congratulations, Lord Baumgarten!

"Congratulations!"

Congratulations!"

"Indeed, congratulations!"

 I'd like to go home now, but it doesn't look like I'll be allowed.

"What is it, Lord Baumgarten? The Marquise von Altmeyer's greatest treasure awaits you. You don't think ...... I have a granddaughter you don't like?"

 There was a young man who did not belong at this festive occasion. Of course, it was General Altmeyer. It's scary ....... I shivered.

"Sho, I was trembling with the joy of being married into your family "

"I see! Then, let's go!"

 With two pats on the back from the happy General Altmeyer, I stepped out onto the red carpet. There's no way out for me now... ......

 I have never been married, not even in a previous life. Or rather, I have never been in a relationship with the opposite gender. I never thought that my first marriage would be decided so forcibly. ......

"Congratulations!"

"Congratulations!"

 With everyone congratulating me, I walked up to the Pope as if I were a prisoner on death row about to be executed. At the Pope's side, I could already see the back of a fragile girl wearing a white dress.

 Come to think of it, who is the bride? I hope it's someone decent at least. ......

 The bride's white dress is a white veil behind which you can see the face of a person you know unexpectedly and vaguely.

'Miss Cassandra?

'My grandfather must have pushed you into it. I am so sorry."

 Cassandra said apologetically with a lowered eyebrow. But she is magnificent. Does she feel that she is already prepared for the marriage itself, as General Altmeyer said she was willing to get married?

 I wish I could share that determination with you. ......

"The bride and groom are here. Now ......."

 The Pope confirmed the appearance of me and Cassandra and began to chant what sounded like a prayer to the goddess in a cheerful voice.

"I have heard that you are ready for marriage, Lady Cassandra, is this correct?"

 I asked Cassandra in a whisper. I had met Cassandra several times, but had never spoken to her directly. Does she really want to marry me, with whom she has such a tenuous relationship?

 If Cassandra is being forced into a marriage that she doesn't want, I would have to go to .......

 To begin with, I am very unsure of my love life. I have never even been with a woman, including in a previous life. Thanks to Cornelia, who has been with me since before I was born, I've become somewhat accustomed to dealing with girls, but marriage is just out of the blue. ......

 I don't see any vision of it going well at all. ......

 As if to laugh off such anxieties, Cassandra gives a thin smile.

"I was born the daughter of an aristocrat. It is absolutely certain that one day I will marry someone else. Don't worry, I chose you to marry for my own reasons. Marriage with you is the only way for my dream to come true. I am counting on you, Master."

" ......Eh?"

 I was so surprised by Cassandra's unexpected answer that I let out a dumb voice.

 And then I got a shock as if I was hit on the head with a brick.

 Cassandra wants to marry me for her own reasons. She doesn't love me.

 I thought I knew that. A nobleman's marriage is a political marriage. It is rare to find love there. I knew that the majority of young ladies were like Cassandra, who had a detached view of the world.

 But I was looking for love there somewhere.

 I was worried that I wouldn't get along with Cassandra. ......

 But then I realized that Cassandra's smile was so beautiful. Cassandra's smile was lackluster. Cassandra's smile was more natural when she was near Claudia.

 And if I look closely, I notice that Cassandra's body is trembling slightly.

 That's right. Cassandra is leaving home and joining the Baumgarten family. She must be feeling a lot more anxiety than I am.

I've got to get my act together.

"Cassandra, it may not be soon, but I will love you. It may not be right away, but I'm going to love you. So I want you to make an effort to love me, too. Let's be happy together. I'll make everyone the envy of the world."

"Ah!"

 Cassandra's body trembled.

"As expected ....... I've never done anything like this before. I've never had anything like this happen before. I'm sorry, but I'm going to make an effort to love you, too."

 What is Cassandra so disappointed about?

 But the good news is that Cassandra will make an effort to love me too. I hear that the divorce rate is lower in arranged marriages than in love marriages, so maybe we can build a better family than I thought.

 I hope we can build it. ...... No, we will build it!

"Now, kiss me on the lips."

"What?"

 The vow kiss? That famous vow kiss was in this world too!

 What am I supposed to do! I mean, can we really kiss!

First, lift my veil."

 Puzzled, I heard Cassandra whisper in a small voice.

 I simply followed Cassandra's instructions and lifted her veil.

Oh!!

 Cassandra's beautiful face was a little reddish, as if she was embarrassed to kiss me in public like this.

 The beauty of her face took my breath away.

 Is such a beautiful person really going to be my wife?

 Cassandra, who was about the same height as me, had her eyes closed. It's what we call a waiting-to-be-kissed face.

 Yes, that's right. This is a wedding. And it's a vow kiss. There's no way she can escape.

 Prepare yourself, Dietfried Baumgarten!

 Knock!

What?!"

'Huh?!'

 Perhaps misjudging the situation due to nervousness, I hit Cassandra's mouth with great force. Teeth collide with each other through the lips and make a small sound.

 My first kiss tasted a little bit like blood.

8