C15
2k 3 25
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Around a hundred goblins and less than a dozen hobgoblins spread out in front of us. No matter how many times I see it, it is neither a dream vision nor a mistake. It was real!

 My group had expected only about 30 goblins at the most. The past two attacks had been 20 or so goblins. We had assumed that the number of goblins would be the same this time.

 Did we lose ......?

 It wasn't just a defeat. So much so that we lost Minamimura,----?

"That's how it is,......!"

 The goblins didn't come here to steal goats. They came to raid the village with their entire pack with the intention of destroying it.

 I couldn't see it, we couldn't see it.

 I had told Cornelia not to underestimate the goblins, but in the end, I was the one who underestimated them more than anyone else.

 Bringing Cornelia to this deadly place was the best example of this.

 If I had known the risks, I would not have brought Cornelia to this village.

 I had been so sure that Cornelia would have a good first fight that I was convinced she would win.

 But that was already overthrown.

 Protecting the goats would be impossible. It would be difficult to protect this village. In fact, it would be difficult even to save our own lives.

 I had to save at least her life somehow!

"GYAGYAGYAGYAGYAGYAGYAGYAGYA!"

"UGAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!"

'GOBUGOBUGOBUGOBU!"

 Goblins who had remained silent up to now started running with a single cry. There was no stopping them now.

What are we going to do, young master?

"Nige----!"

"Yaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa!"

 Achim's words finally brought me back to my senses, and as I was about to give the order to flee, a dignified voice, not unlike the orange-lit battlefield, echoed through the air.

 It was Cornelia!

 What was she thinking? Cornelia was running toward the goblin army single-handedly.

 Cornelia is wearing the highest grade of equipment from the cursed items I've lifted up to now. Her figure is a little short, but she looks divine, like a Valkyrie.

 But in its path are over a hundred goblins. It looks like a suicide mission.

 Why would she do that!

 No, it's not. Cornelia is merely following my words in a foolish manner!

 The goblins had already passed the line of attack we had originally set. That's why Cornelia believes my story and is charging in.

 The moment I saw Cornelia, I started running.

"Protect Cornelia!"

"Oh, shit!"

 Bach was the first to respond to my reckless order, surprisingly.

Even the young master? Oh, God! We're charging in! The lives of the young master and the young lady come first!"

 Cornelia is at the other end of my gaze. Cornelia is fearless, and she charges at the goblins without slowing down.

 I'm an idiot!

 My poor imagination has sent Cornelia to her death. This is the worst.

 What is this about protecting Cornelia?

 I'm the one who's putting Cornelia in danger!

"Damn it! Damn it! Fuck!"

 I have an endless supply of self-satisfied words. But I don't have the luxury of picking on myself right now.

 The distance between Cornelia and the goblins is now null.

 Cornelia will quickly slaughter one or two goblins. But the sheer numbers of goblins are no match for her. As if engulfed by a wave, Cornelia's figure vanished.

"Cornelia!"

 I was desperately reaching for Cornelia.

 I want to save her! I want to save her! I want to save her! I want to save her! I want to save her! I want to save her!

"Aaahhhhhh!"

 My feet fly faster than my limit to the place where Cornelia disappeared with more force than my limit. A snapping sound, as if a thick rope had been shredded, echoed from my right foot as I stepped forward, but I had no time to worry about that.

 At that moment, a light spilled from the hand that had been extended to the vanished Cornelia.

 No, not my hand. It wasn't my hand that was glowing, but the place where Cornelia had disappeared.

"Cornelia!"

 I knew immediately that it was Cornelia who had done it.

 Because that light was ----!

[An Taker]

 I hear Cornelia's brave voice. She is still alive!

 The light appeared like a blistering laser beam, swallowing the goblin army in the blink of an eye.

 All that remained was the ground, which was radially melting and vitrifying.

 Cornelia stood at the top of the radiating, melting ground with her sword drawn.

 From the situation, it was clear that Cornelia had used her powerful skill to wipe out the goblins.

 But that is not how it was supposed to be.

 The skill Cornelia used was [An Taker]. That should never have been a skill that Cornelia was able to use.

 It is a skill that the protagonist of a game, who has been given the gift of a hero, learns at the end of the game.

 Why would Cornelia be able to use such a skill!

 Dobechop!

 I plunged into the melting ground, leaving such questions unanswered.

"Oh, that's it! Achyu!"

"Oh, brother!"

25