Chapter 5 ▪️ Game 1 [Encounter?]
24 1 1
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

"And that's all for today. Be sure to check your team assignments later." the professor said as he scan the students with his eyes and leaved after. 

I began to pack up my things and head to the student lounge. On the way there, I could hear the excited whispering of the student here and there.

"Who do you think will be the building team this year?" 

"I don't care about that! I only care if I'll get to be teamed up with senior." 

"Uhh... You wish..."

"What? Your being negative and all! But.... Ahhhh! What if!" 

"Will you stop that face, I'll leave you behind if you keep talking like that"

I smiled as they keep arguing with each other. Friend... I guess Shane doesn't have one.

What I learned from April was that, this so called school assignment is the academy's tradition where top students of the academy work together to build a high end building worthy of the academy's reputation. It only happens every four years so the students as well as investors are looking forward to it. It's impressive to think that every time the project finishes, it always has a successful outcome and of course a huge income for investors as well. Hmm, I guess this is to be expected since its the so called prestigious school.

There are two type of team in this project, the Bteam and the Rteam. The Bteam will be in charge of the building itself. This team consist the top tier students from their respective departments. The students also range from freshmen to seniors. 

Then there is the Rteams that will be in charge of the rooms inside the building. They were also selected base on their overall performance. Rteams will be divided into a number of group since they were assigned into different rooms. Each group also range from freshmen to senior.

As I was recalling all of these in my head and wondered which team I'll be on, I bumped to someone who was on my way. I look up to see who it was and unconsciously frowned.

Nathan Roshead

There is an awkward silence as we made eye contact. That scared me. Weird though I felt my heart thumped for a bit. Yeah just for a bit.

As we continued this silence, the other guy that I saw earlier stopped looking at the bulletin board and came at the side of Nathan. Uhh... Who is he again?

He smiled as he looked at me and said "Your Ms. Goudfield right?" he reach out to his pocket and bring something out. He opened his hand and I saw a gold nameplate lying in his palm. "I picked it up at the library last time."

"Is that so?" I asked and reach out to it and politely said "Thank you." He looked at me as if amazed by my response. He was about to say something when another person pop out in the middle of him and Nathan saying "What are you guys talking about?"

Nathan looked at that person and smiled for the first time saying "Nothing." I felt somewhat strange. I looked at the other guy and saw him looking at Nathan with eyes of jealousy.

Jealous? Why... As I thought of this, I heard the other person saying "Hmm? Really?" in a pampered tone. She added "Let's get something to eat I'm hungry."

The guy immediately replied "Should we go to Leslie's? I heard their serving a new dish." 

Nathan also added "Yes, we could also get your favorites there."

She smiled at them and said in a happy tone "Good idea!" She eyed at me as if she had just won a battle. Hmm... Why do I feel like she's taunting me? I don't even know you.

I just ignored her and walked passed by them. Well it's not like I'll see them again anyway. Or so I thought. 

A week has passed since then and I've been busy researching. And that's right, I still have no idea who was the one I'll be helping to get his happiness or what not.

I was also busy researching ideas about building designs, don't get me wrong, Shane has surprisingly amazing brain and skills but I didn't expect her to be so oblivious about love that I get stuck on thinking about designs.

What's the connection you ask? Well it's because the theme for the assignment is "Romantic" which also made the single dogs wail in both excitement and grief. And I also don't trust my personal judgment when it comes this. So I end up researching. 

I sigh as I closed my laptop after checking the prepared design. This will be presented on our first 'official' meeting today. I called it official because it's the first time meeting all the involved department. I've met the architect students who are involve in the project and we also discussed about designs for the the building. And as expected Nathan was also there. What can I say? He's the 'no. 1' after all.

I went to the designated place for the meeting and meet April along the way. She pushed the door that has "Bteam" sticker on it and said "Wow, I thought we were early but I guess not."

I'm not surprised that there are already many people inside after all everyone was motivated to prove themselves. They will take this opportunity to become acquainted with powerful people and maybe get a recommendation to work with them in the future as well. It will also serve as a building foundation for those who are planning to start their own business. As for Shane, that's in a different story. 

I went ahead and find a seat for architects. There are already five people there and they're chatting with each other. I said my hello and took a sit while listening to them. The two girls are in sophomore and senior, while the three guys are in senior, junior and freshmen. I won't try remembering their names coz believe me, when I tried, I had a terrible headache for an entire day. I tried it on April and it worked but I never want to do that again. I wonder why though... Shane is a weird one remembering the name of that guy. 

The hall became lively as the group became bigger every minute passed. It's not surprising to have such a big crowd after all, there will be a top10 from each department ranging from freshman to senior year. Five minute before the appointment time, the lively atmosphere became stagnant as the student council president arrived.

I looked at the person beside the president and got surprised. Who else could it be if not Nathan? I unintentionally looked behind him and I didn't saw anyone who came inside beside them. Hmm... isn't he always with someone? Maybe they didn't get the cut? 

I took back my gaze and incidentally looked at him. Thump. He... Is he looking at me? Not right? He frowned lightly and scan the hall. 

Ohh... Maybe he's not looking at me. I awkwardly averted my gaze pretending not seeing him. After a while the president also joined the discussion and the hall became lively once again. 

When the clock strikes at 8am the president officially asked to start the meeting.

~ ▪️ ~ ▪️ ~ ▪️ ~

In a corner of a room somewhere, there is a guy facing the monitor and tapping at the keyboard silently.

You don't need to remember anyone else. It’s enough that you only remember me.

1