Chapter two – Breath
38 0 1
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.
Short chapter, unedited

 

I did not know why they send me back. I did not wanted to go back. But there was notting I could do. They had a plan form me. I should trust them. I did trust them with my everything. 

I just hoped this time would be better.

I open my eyelids to the scene where everything went wrong.

__

The gods had send me back to that moment that the dance for the king and queen had ended. The girls shattered in all direction clumping into groups and chatting with excitement. It was just like I remembered four years ago.

I saw her, that snake, in her little group. My heart speed up. My body was like a tornado full emotion. And it were a lot of bad emotions. I was not as softhearted as I was four years ago. I was not that little girl anymore, not after what they did to me.

 

First things first, getting away from these vile people.  

 

I just needed to be alone. To comprehend my situation and to make a plan. The gods gave me a second chance to live this life and I'm not going to waste it.

 

Soon I found the doors that lead to a balcony. Sneaking out the ballroom, I found myself in the cold air. It was at the end of autumn. I was glad my dress was long sleeved. 

 

But the only thing that was a problem was that someone already occupied the balcony. It was pretty dark by now. And I could only see his back. He did not even look at me. That was fine by me. I was disturbing him in the first place. 

 

“I’m sorry. I did not know it was already taken.” I spoke softly. This time he did turn. The light of the ballroom illuminated his face. He just looked at me. No words by him. 

 

The young future Lord Gaïl. He looked so young at the age of 17 since compared then I last saw him right before I died. Handsome as ever and at the start of all his great accomplishment he achieved in his last life. If I remembered correctly he was not that fond of other lady's. But I just needed a bit of time away.

 

“I leave soon, sir. I just need a few minutes away from the crowd.”

 

I looked over the balcony into the royal garden. It was dark, but you could see how well kept it was. It would be a surprise if it wan't. The Queen loved her garden tea party's trough out the whole year. I heard she had a special place in her garden that bloomed all year round just for her tea party's. Then I felt his eyes on me. It was like a chill running over my spine. Perhaps it was Callum's intense training when I was with the gods. Or I was just more sensitive to others than I did in my last life.

 

“You’re not going to ask who I am?” He spoke. His voice already had that distinctive timbre I remembered. Memories of his last word came back to me.

 

Should I acknowledge him? Even if he is a good person I just wanted to do better in this life. The young Lord Gaïl had a lot of admirers for his status, family blood line, wealth... I don't really want to mix in between his little groupies. 

 

“My etiquette teacher told me I shouldn’t talk to others without them being introduced to me. Excuse me if I half ignore you.” Was I weird for saying this? Probably. 

 

“I see. Then I’ll treat you the same.” 

 

It was weird. Not only me for ignoring him but just this situation. He was the last person I spoke to when I died and now he is the first in this life. 

 

I took a deep breath.

 

This was my second chance. I needed to avoid Lacey and sir Henry at all cost. Those two crazy bastards... Maybe even avoiding my brother. I don’t think I can look him in the eyes at this moment. After all that had happened. I know I have to face him sometime, but maybe not now. I’ll first go to my father or my aunt. Then I’ll see further. I needed to stay close to older people were that snake couldn't easy play her childish tricks.

 I should go back before I'm seen with a man alone. 

“Goodnight, sir. I’ll be leaving first.” I left him in the cold. 

1