Chapter 6
4 0 0
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

The First Privy Council Meeting.

After the unsuccessful attempt to connect with the palace staff, Jack decided to have a formal meeting with Isoldea and Leofric to discuss serious stuff.

Isoldea had brought along a [Scribe] to write the meeting’s minutes. This impressed Jack as he never told Isoldea to do this.

This means that NPCs are proactive in this new world.

“So this is our first meeting since we’ve been transported here,” Jack opened things up with a small speech. “I hope we’ll be productive going forward. First things first, the [Map Update].”

Leofric nodded, “The [Scouts] found nothing significant. I believe if we expand the search area more then we might find something.”

“Try a 50 km radius,” Jack instructed Leofric.

“Very well, my lord. I’ll inform the [Scouts] immediately after this meeting.”

Jack turned his focus to Isoldea, “And how is the well and cesspit going.”

“The cesspit is almost done. The [Court Mages] have helped with reinforcing the walls of the pit using earth magic. The last thing we want is a sewer leakage,” Isoldea responded.

“I see. And the well?”

“Not so great, my lord. The groundwater is deeper than expected. Could you authorise the use of more [Guards]?”

“And if I do so then how long do you think the well will be completed. We kinda need fresh water.”

“I understand, Lord Zodark. But I think with more [Guards] with [Engineering] or [Building] skills it will help significantly in completing the well. It could take a day or two.”

“A day or two?”

“Yes. I’m sure there are [Guards] who have the class of [Siege Expert] or [Sapper], they’ll have the skill to build a deeper well for us.”

Jack sat back in his seat. He wanted the well to be finished by the end of this day. He’s yet to take a bath.

“How about I help? That should quicken to process,” Jack suggested.
Isoldea gasped at the idea, “It would be shameful for us to allow you to dig dirt while we stood by. Let us as your servants do the work, my lord.”

Jack waved her off, “I’m not going to do the actual digging. I’ll summon the Giant Mole to dig deep enough to find groundwater then the [Guards] can tidy up the well. I just want everything to be done by today.”

“I almost forgot you’re a [Beast Summoner], my lord. Your suggestion does make much sense and will save significant time,” she nodded.

Leofric also nodded, “I agree as well, my lord. Your intellect is truly from the mind of a genius.”

Jack tried very hard not to grin at the compliment. He kept his cool, as best as he could muster.

“I’m your Lord, obviously I see things better,” Jack said flatly.

Did that come across as cocky or condescending?

Jack looked at Isoldea and Leofric’s reaction.

They just smiled in agreement with him.

“True, my lord. Your mind works in ways we could never comprehend,” they both agreed.

“Is there anything else I need to know before closing this meeting?” Jack asked.

They both shook their heads and Jack then closed today’s meeting.

He followed Isoldea outside to the spot where they were still building a well. All the workers digging were told to stop and move aside.

Jack took a deep breath. This would be his first spell cast in this world. Hopefully magic worked the same here.

“[Summon] Giant Mole!” he cried out.

A magic circle appeared on the ground. The earth trembled as the circle glowed brighter and brighter.

Then the Giant Mole jumped out.

Moles are not the cutest things in the world, at least in Jack’s eyes. But a demon monster that is a giant mole was even worse.

The Giant Mole had black fur with purple spots. Its eyes were red and glowed brightly. But its claws were long and sickly yellow-like.

“How cute,” Isoldea smiled.

Beauty is in the eye of the beholder, he guessed. He didn’t want to look at it for much longer.

“Mole, start digging,” Jack commanded.

The mole nodded and immediately dug a new hole. Dirt flew all over the place as it dug down.

Isoldea used her fan to swat any heap of dirt that came too close to Jack.

“My lord, surely you have a name for the mole?” she asked him as she swatted another projectile of dirt.

The fan seemed to be imbued with wind magic as the gust the fan created was unnaturally strong.

“Uhm, no. I don’t have any name for the mole. It doesn’t need one,” he responded.

“It must have slipped your mind then. I suggest you call the mole ‘Momo’.”

“Momo?”

“Momo the Mole. It has a nice ring to it, right?” she grinned.

“I’ll think about it,” he shrugged.

A pillar of water erupted out of the hole.

“That was quick,” Jack smiled.

The mole jumped out of the hole completely wet.

“Momo needs to be dried,” Isoldea felt sorry for the mole.

“The mole will be fine. [Recall].”

The moment Jack said [Recall], a magic circle opened and Momo the Mole was absorbed into it. The circle then closed soon after.

“Have someone prepare a hot bath for me. I’m leaving to get some lunch. Will you be okay supervising the finishing touches for the well alone?” Jack asked Isoldea.

Isoldea nodded.

Jack didn’t want to return to his bed chambers. So he had lunch at one of the palace’s gardens.

The servants brought him onion soup with melted cheese on top. And of course, lots of bread. Jack had a suspicion that the [Head Cook] really loved his bread.

And as usual, Jack ate alone. Well not exactly alone. There were like half a dozen servants standing nearby waiting for him to finish his food.

So he wasn’t alone even though he felt like so.

His mind wondered. What was Daniel doing right now? Were his parents looking for him?

The last thing he wanted was for his parents to be worried about him. In their eyes, he probably just disappeared.

Jack felt he was probably overthinking things. He finished his lunch and left the table. The servants quickly took his bowl away and cleaned the table he was eating from.

He returned to his room where a hot bath was waiting for him.

Jack went into the bronze bathtub and relaxed. Huh, this was his new life from now on.

0