Chapter 1 – The Good, the Bad, and the King
15 0 0
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Boring.

This is boring.

Well, I don't remember what kind of game is this since I lost the memory of it, but this is not a sign of a game with a good story.

Why? Because it was so fucking lazy, that's why.

I think I've already read, watch, and play games with a similar plot as this one thousand times already, and when I said thousand times sadly that was only a slight exaggeration. Of course, there will be slight variations, but essentially most of them were the same.

-- Summoned as a hero from another world to fight the demon lord to stop him from resurrecting the devil god... or something...

The reason why 'I' decided to kill 'myself' in this sophisticated way is beyond me.

After all, I don't even remember what pushes 'me' to the point of suicidal in the first place, but seriously, with this garbage of a game?

I mean, at this point I'm expecting at least a level 10 plot twist later on, otherwise, this opening that literally makes me overburdened with sleepiness would not worth it.

Ah, I digress.

I wondered why is he decided to do this. There are many things that completely contradictory with his personality.

The missing parts of my.. or his memories might be the main part why I feel that he's so different from the one I familiar with, but as far as I know he wasn't the type that would kill himself or re-use his characters in another game like this, and I'm saying this with the highest confidence; after all, he is me.

Hmm... well, I don't know, and why would I care, really.

Even if I knew why that would make no difference.

We're dead.

That's for sure.

Me and five other me here, plus the real me who are sleeping peacefully with... I don't know, maybe with already half fried brain.

We are already doomed the moment we get here. It's pretty depressing if you think about it. So avoiding this topic would be the best.

Ah, well, fuck it. If I'm going to die here, then at least I want to die while having fun.

This is probably RPG, well, he rarely plays anything other than RPG games.

So, how do I enjoy RPG game to the utmost experience?

It's easy. Clue in the name.

[Lucius: Watch this.]

After sending that message to the group chat, I heaved a big sigh, intentionally make it audible.

"What a fucking joke."

You role-playing.

+++

The ceremony began without a hitch and now nearing its end. Despite being quite rushed, not only the most prominent nobles around the capital, many nobles around the kingdom were all gathered here as well, just to see the heroes firsthand.

Heroes from another world are always either powerful individuals or accomplished inventor, that's why every major kingdoms and empire allocate quite amount of budget trying to summon one. Regardless of how unlikely they would be summoned.

Percentage-wise, the chance was below one percent, it wouldn't be an exaggeration to say that the chance is one in a million.

Even the biggest empire on the continent, Geulsian empire, the dominant power that leading the summoning magic technology could only summon successfully once every one or two hundred years.

Coincidentally, the young king heard that the empire was successfully summoned one few weeks prior.

The prospect of an instant military or economical jackpot like how Geulsian empire was expanded exponentially in only one generation by another world hero, practically dangling bait in front of everyone.

Attracting them like how sailors attracted by siren temptations.

Rianea kingdom is also one of them. A small kingdom bordering with the savage demon territory. Unfortunately, they couldn't always afford to invite the sage who could use dimensional magic to the court, and the kingdom treats this as a secondary project, it wasn't rare when the project would be temporarily abandoned and continues when a suitable magic user was contracted.

A peasant boy was born with dimensional magic aptitude was found within the kingdom. Not only that, notwithstanding his inexperience added with out of date magic formula, he was able to successfully summoned one on the first year of trying.

Regrettably, the late king wasn't known to be a prudent ruler.

The king foolishly invaded the demon territory in a name of great conquest alongside the hero and neighboring countries, who are also easily enticed by glory.

As everyone in this throne room except for the heroes knows, it fails miserably.

The king and his elder brother were killed in battle and in addition, the hero whereabouts were unknown, presumably dead.

The young king could care less about his trash of father, but not only he completely wasted the power of hero the late king also killed the royal prince, while at the same time leaving the kingdom economy in shambles and as if adding salt to infected injuries this disaster also crippled the royal army.

The moment Daniel Deusitt vi Rianea was crowned as a king, he cursed his father more than he usually does.

Perhaps the only good thing happened after his father died is that his rocky relationships with his siblings and half-siblings have somehow become more amicable.

With quick and decisive actions of the young king, he resolved the civil unrest and rebellion was suppressed, but the turmoil in Rianea kingdom still not over yet and the kingdom itself still in a very weak state.

Then again, the feat itself already an achievement worthy of praise, able withstood the whole ordeal and still coming out from the smoke and suffer nothing significant.

That's why the young king, despite still being in his young age already known as a capable king.

And now along with multiple heroes, people already speculated that today will be a start of a new era for Rianea kingdom, if not the whole continent.

"What a fucking joke." One of the heroes suddenly said so in the last moment of the ceremony.

Of course, it wasn't going as smoothly as normally it should be.

Daniel somehow already half expected something like this would happen, unlike those around him who are surprised at this sudden outcry of the hero, he sits still calmly watching the boy.

He wondered why, maybe because something unexpected like this always happened, based on his personal experience.

"Cut the crap, you're losing the war so you kidnapped people from another world to fight for you."

"You insolen-!"

"Halt!"

As one of the royal guards next to the boy reaches for his scabbard Daniel hurriedly stopped him with his word. Rude as this boy might be, a hero is still a hero.

This is new.

Normally heroes from 《High world》 were docile... obedient?.. how do I say it nicely? Hmm... Right, they're dutiful.

They also tend to have higher moral standards and sense of justice, not all of them of course, but majorities of them were like that, including the one that summoned when his father still a king.

That's why they're called heroes.

Pure, earnest, and selfless.

Like that woman...

A prickly feeling suddenly appears in his heart, but he tried his best to keep it at bay, now is not the time, he told himself.

"I understand where your anger coming from, I too truly understand just how unreasonable and shameful it is that we calling upon outsiders to help with our problem, which in a way also one-sidedly convenience to us, I admit this."

There's no lie in my words.

Heroes were surprisingly never complained when suddenly told to fight, if not completely unreasonable they would blindly fight for justice. Personally, I think that was weird.

Honestly, this kind of reaction is the normal one or supposed to be, but that kind of mindset might be rather unusual for heroes.

Or rather, appearance wise, none of them are resembling how heroes supposed to be.

The boy in question is wearing an outlandish dark colored robe. His skin is pale to the point of appearing to be sickly as if the sunlight never touched his skin. His disheveled hair and unfriendly eyes were both gold colored, though there's no luster in their color.

Next to him is a robust looking old knight in full plate armor, two-headed dragon coat of arms adorn his armor and cape. When I said old, by no means he appears weak, no, or rather it's quite the opposite, just looking at him standing there firmly made it feel like he was a sturdy giant tree. He's a war veteran, my instinct told me so.

In the middle is the only woman in the group. She donned in a priestess garb, every part of her body is concealed, even her hair and upper part of her face is completely hidden beneath her headdress and veil, the only visible part of her skins are small portion of the lower part of her face and her hands that holding a staff, lengthwise, it was almost twice of her height.

Then another two men, they are... looking especially ordinary, the first one looks like a fine young man from gentle birth, while the other one is rather... rough, he also wearing an outfit for a common mercenary.

And lastly, the most surprising of all, an elf, this black-haired man is without a doubt an elf. That ears, that oppressive amount of nature mana circling around him, that's an elf alright.

Yep, no matter how you see it all of them are too different from normal heroes, especially the elf, I never heard there was an elf ever summoned as a hero.

That being said, all of them bear the goddess blessing of the heroic sigil, their identity as heroes is irrefutable.

"Then I refuse, I don't like being rudely summoned for a trifling matter."

And... that's it, the worst possible outcome.

Forcing a hero, detain them in any way is universally unacceptable, hero after all considered as a goddess helper, if they're mistreated then it would be no surprise if a riot would break out, also that alone was enough for other countries to have casus belli to declare war on me.

Therefore I can't force him to stay, I can't negotiate this either.

"Are you done?"

Before I could say anything in response, a clear somber voice overpowered the murmurs around.

In that instant, everyone attention is now shifted to the person that said those words, the old knight.

He was knitted his brows deeply since the start of this uproar, it seems he didn’t really find this situation to be agreeable at all. His voice is seeping with rage.

"Leave. You're disgraceful of a hero."

His dignified voice was heavy, he would not allow any objections from the boy. A torrent of pressure can be felt even from here.

Few gasped breathing and shriek can be heard around the audience that closer to them, my condolences.

"I'm leaving even without you telling me to."

After pulling down his robe hood, the boy has gone from the throne room like he never existed.

*

[Lucius: Damn, that was so fucking cool, I'm having goosebumps!!]

[Beowulf: I know right?]

0