Chapter 53: Into the Light
141 7 9
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Oriana sipped her mojito even as she idly toyed with the remote control in her hand. Every once in a while she’d tap a command, triggering a burst of pleasure for one of the women playing volleyball on the beach. It certainly made the game more exciting for everyone…particularly given that only the winner’s were going to get their chastity belts removed tonight. The rest would have to wait until she felt like it. She grinned at the thought. Her sex drive wasn’t as manic as it had once been, her more settled body and mind not requiring the drug-like distraction she’d made sex into nearly as much any longer. That didn’t mean it was any less fun to do things like this, when a group of her lovers and former lovers got together for a vacation from their various duties. It didn’t happen often, but they all made the most of it every time it could be arranged.

She triggered Liara’s vibrator this time, setting it to a firm pulse and smirking as the Asari nearly miss her defense when the sudden pleasure of the button vibe threw her off. Smirking, knowing it would be a desperate recovery for the current winners for a few minutes, she leaned back in her lounger and simply soaked in the glorious sunlight of her little paradise island on a nameless world far from the Relay network. Getting here took a full week of travel, even using the newest FTL designs from Oriana’s own research projects. And those weren’t available to anyone but her closest friends, so far. An inconvenient distance in some ways, but it offered a degree of protection that just wouldn’t have been possible if she’d stayed in known space. Point Slate, out of which a few of the others operated, was thankfully also a bit closer, only around a three-day journey.

It had been five years since the Reaper War. Almost exactly fourteen since that fateful day she’d taken a desperate dive into the Project Parallax machine and arrived in the past. At the physical age of twenty-eight, she honestly looked more like twenty-two, a side effect of her forcefully mixed genes that she couldn’t exactly complain about. Sure, it did mean she would probably outlive one of her wives, Alliana not being likely to live past 150 unless something drastic changed. But her other wife, Liara, would be in the same shoes with Oriana in the end. Assuming she didn’t die of some sort of hybridization complication, Oriana’s own expected lifespan was only about 450 years, after all. Liara could easily go on to live another 400 after that. Though, at least Oriana was likely to last into Liara’s matron stage to leave her with a child or two, so she wouldn’t be alone.

Frankly, as much as all of that should probably bother her, she’d honestly expected to die even if she succeeded in tilting the windmill that was the Reaper Cycle. As a result, the idea of even the century or so of life she had left with Shepard was a glorious decadence that she wasn’t going to worry so much about losing. The fact that all three of them, plus nearly all of their sometimes-lovers, had come through the Reaper War and its aftermath alive was several different miracles all in a neat little row. Not everyone had been nearly so lucky, of course, not even from her own immediate acquaintances.

Kaidan had died to a hit on the Phoenix in the last battles, along with a couple of the commandos that she’d grown to know well. Ani’lia and Fallion had died when the Reaper Remnant had hit a New Dawn R&D shipyard, which has stun a lot even if they’d parted ways as lovers years ago. Garrus had survived the Reaper War only to die in cleanup operations three years later, though she’d admittedly been only passingly close with the Spectre. He’d only ever visited with Tali, who thankfully hadn’t shared his fate. Others had been killed, not been trusted with the secret of her survival, or else had simply grown apart. Such was the way of things.

Yet, as much melancholy as had come with those loses, great joy had been found as well. She, Liara, and Alliana had been married two years after the war ended in a very private event. Shepard and Liara were publicly known to be married back in civilized space, while Oriana’s survival was still too risky a secret to out in that way. But that was fine. It just meant Shepard had to deal with the burdens of being married to an only heir to one of the Asari great families. While Oriana, on the other hand, got all the fun bits of regularly fucking them both senseless, cuddling whenever they were around, and didn’t have to deal with any of the political bullshit anymore!

Honestly, that last part brought almost as much joy as her wives. Though only almost.

By the large, she was content. It had taken years and the combined efforts of several carefully vetted therapists to get to that place. The first year, in particular, had been rough as she was finally forced to face all the choices she’d made in the name of survival. But she had worked through her biggest issues, was still working on the rest, and was thoroughly enjoying the chance to invent and tinker on non-military projects. Originally just a means to an end, somewhere along the way she’d discovered that she genuinely loved engineering challenges. Creating things that were meant to build a better galaxy, instead of causing destruction, was a pleasant way to spend her time. Though she was greatly amused how her new pseudonym was slowly becoming more famous than ‘Oriana Lawson’ had ever been. The Council wasn’t eager to associate her real name with history, whereas her Pandora Hopeswell identity was slowly becoming the name in fields like exploration, energy harvesting, and metamaterials.

As for the galaxy at large? Well, there was still quite a bit of chaos out there. For a few years yet, the ongoing hunt for Reaper Remnants and the need to rebuild would keep the galaxy busy. After that…a whole lot of genies had been uncorked from many different bottles out of desperation near the end. Add in all the military buildups, all the trauma everyone had been through, and the usual mixture of greed, ambition, and short-sightedness…and the galaxy was likely in for a rough ride over the next century or so. Still, it would survive. Which is a lot better than could be said of all their predecessors, now wasn’t it?

Grinning as she tired of such deep thoughts, she picked up Ashely’s newest Neuralux from the nearby table, running one hand down her nude body to prepare her pussy for the thick toy. She watched Ashley stiffen from where she’d been refereeing the volleyball match, the Spectre glancing warily back at Oriana as she felt that touch. With a cheeky wink, Oriana ran her tongue over the head of the toy, causing the woman to fold over as the sensation translated. She wondered just what would happen to the game, now that she was distracting the one person responsible enough that she’d been put in charge of monitoring both side for dirty tricks and biotics? Well, it would certainly be entertaining to find out…

Blissfully, as she moaned along with Ashley as the toy slid home, she forgot all her thoughts about Reapers and the rest of the galaxy. She’d done her part already. The Reapers had made their Final Error and Oriana had helped the galaxy defeat them. Now, all that was left to do was enjoy her just rewards for saving the galaxy. It was a New Dawn, of a New Era, and it was someone else’s turn to be the Hero. Oriana was happy to fade away and have some fun with her wives and their occasional lovers…

Besides. It’s not like there was another galaxy to save. That would just be silly.

-The End-

-------

A/N: And with that, this becomes my first 100% complete piece of fanfiction! Of course, it's actually already been surpassed by My Hero Automata in length, but it's still a milestone :-). Check out more of my works via my profile, there's plenty to find, including another Mass Effect fanfiction work that's a bit more action-adventure and less kinky shenanigans. Not that it won't eventually have some of that too...

There is also my Patreon Page, of course, where the latest early release chapters of all my works can be found!

I hope you enjoyed the story! 

9