— Chapter 3 —
28 0 2
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

The next day at school, I navigated the maze of unfamiliar faces, trying to blend in with the cheerleader persona they believed was mine. As I approached the cheerleading squad, Naomi by my side, a pair of girls, Mila and Mei, greeted us with feigned enthusiasm.

"Hey, Ara! So glad you're back, " Mila chirped, her smile not reaching her eyes.

"Yeah, we missed you, " Mei added, her tone dripping with insincerity.

I nodded politely, aware that beneath their friendly facade, ulterior motives lurked. It seemed the cheerleading world held a different kind of competition, one where alliances shifted like the wind.

Naomi shot me a reassuring glance, but I could sense her unease. She wasn't oblivious to the undercurrents of manipulation within the cheerleading squad.

We gathered for practice. As we went through routines, I couldn't help but notice their attempts to subtly undermine my performance. Small comments and sly glances were their weapons of choice.

Mila smirked, "Ara, darling, you're a bit off today. Maybe you should try harder."

Mei chimed in, "Oh, don't worry, we're just trying to help you be the best cheerleader you can be."

Their words were laced with condescension, but beneath the surface, I sensed their fear. Sayah, the villainess, had a mental fortitude that surpassed the real Ara. It was time to play their game but on my terms.

With a confident smile, I retorted, "Thanks for the advice, but I think I've got this. Maybe you two should focus on perfecting your own routines."

The surprise in their eyes was evident. It seemed they hadn't expected resistance from the supposed amnesiac cheerleader. As practice continued, I maintained my composure, refusing to let their mind games penetrate the facade I wore.

• • •

During the following days, the tension within the cheerleading squad escalated. Mila and Mei's attempts to undermine me grew bolder, their words dripping with venom disguised as camaraderie.

"Ara, sweetheart, you're still struggling with that routine? Maybe cheerleading isn't for everyone, " Mila sneered, her eyes locking onto mine with a challenge.

I took a deep breath, channeling Sayah's resilience. "I appreciate your concern, Mila, but I've got this. Maybe you should worry about your own performance."

Naomi, always at my side, shot them a stern look, a silent warning that their tactics wouldn't go unchallenged. However, Mila and Mei were undeterred, their determination to break the facade evident in every sly remark.

One day, after practice, Mila and Mei approached me with false smiles, concealing their ill intentions. "Ara, we were thinking it would be so much fun if you hosted a little get-together at your place. You know, bonding time for the squad, " Mei suggested, her eyes gleaming with mischief.

Naomi sensed the trap. "I don't know, guys. Ara is still adjusting, and maybe a quiet evening would be better."

Mila chuckled, her voice dripping with insincerity. "Oh, come on, Naomi. We just want to make Ara feel welcome. What could go wrong?"

Despite the warning bells in my mind, I reluctantly agreed, hoping to navigate this social minefield without blowing my cover. Little did I know that Mila and Mei had orchestrated a plan to embarrass and humiliate me, exploiting the vulnerability they believed was inherent in the supposed amnesiac cheerleader.

As the evening unfolded, the atmosphere grew increasingly uncomfortable. Mila and Mei orchestrated embarrassing games and pranks, all aimed at exposing the supposed flaws in my cheerleading abilities. Their laughter echoed in the room, a cacophony of mockery that cut through the facade I struggled to maintain.

Naomi, ever loyal, attempted to intervene. "Guys, this isn't fair. Ara is still recovering from the accident, and we should be supportive, not cruel."

Mila shot her a condescending look. "Oh, relax, Naomi. We're just having some fun. Besides, it's good for Ara to toughen up a bit."

Mila and Mei coerced me into attempting a complicated routine, knowing well that I was still grappling with the intricacies of cheerleading. As I stumbled through the moves, their malicious grins widened, relishing in what they believed was a victory.

But Sayah, the resilient villainess within me, refused to crumble. With a deep breath, I regained my composure and finished the routine with an unexpected flourish. The shock on Mila and Mei's faces was priceless.

Naomi stepped forward, her expression one of unwavering support. "That was amazing, Ara! You're stronger than they think."

The confrontation marked a turning point. Mila and Mei realized that breaking Sayah's resolve wouldn't be as easy as they had anticipated. As the night came to an end, I stood tall, the mask of the amnesiac cheerleader still intact.

Little did they know, beneath the cheerleader facade, a villainess lurked – a force they had unwittingly provoked. The game had just begun.

2