Chapter 1
6 0 0
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Alan woke up with a sweat. He was still nervous after yesterday. Yesterday he had decided to join the International Hunters Association. He entered a dungeon for the first time. It was scary as heck, he was still taking time to adjust. 

"Its not like anyone prepares you for this bullshit" he mutters as he rubs his eyes. 

He sat up. It was 7:49. Great, I got 11 minutes till I need to clock in... Damn it! Work as the IHA(International Hunters Association) started at 8:00. They were going into another F class dungeon today and he needed to be there for training.

He rushed across the room, quickly throwing on some clothes and shoving on his shoes before he ran out the door. Thankfully he live only 5 minutes away via car. Not so thankfully, he didn't have a car.


At 8:17, he ran into the front entrance, covered in sweat. 

"Hunter Alan!" Yelled the loud voice of his boss, Jonan, a large man who looked like he had been through an intense battle, yet is still alive now. "Your 17 minutes late! Training started already! Get your ass in here!"

The building he had just ran into was a large gym, but unlike your average gym this one was equipped with gravity wells which made the gravitational force inside 1.5 times greater. They could dial it up more, but for your average person 50% more gravity was already overkill. What made it possible was the magical aura in the room that gave them a massive boost in stamina, creating the ideal environment for training.

All his fellow hunters were all running laps, all of them covered in sweat. He ran to join up with them, spotting his friend Ken, who had joined the hunters with him. Ken had actually gained an ability himself, but it was worse than even F class abilities, putting him in the same group as the rest of them.

Alan had know Ken since they were kids, Alan had always looked out for Ken, who had always been on the smaller side. It didn't help that everyone else in despised him for having an ability, even when they didn't. 

After training, which went till near 10:30, they went to the armory to get ready to raid the dungeon. "Alright you boys, today we are there as an escort for a training team with a new C class ability holder, there will be two B class ability holders there as the training leaters, make sure to respect them! Our job is just to clean up after their mess, Got it!?"

"Got it!" All the hunters shouted in unison.

Ken looked at Alan. "Do you think...?"

"I don't know man, but if she is one of the trainers try not to talk to her man, its only bad news."

You see, before the World Shift, Ken had a girlfriend, and they were doing well, however, after the World Shift, his girlfriend awakened a B class ability. At first they were both excited and optimistic, but soon after, when social order shifted, his girlfriend became arrogant and broke up with him, scorning having ever been with him. 

Now, a month later, Ken was still heartbroken.

"Just don't go pining after her, it will only cause you trouble." Allan said imploringly. Damn, knowing him he's likely to go begging her to take him back, but he's only going to make it worse.


Alan stood outside the dungeon with their group, as they waited for the training team to arrive. He looked at at Ken, "It'll be fine mate, don't worry about this!"

A crew of cars pulled up, and Alan could already feel the mana present thicken. Three people stepped up, and Alan sighed. Damn it, she's here. Out of all the people in the world, his ex is one of the trainers, why not!

Alan glanced at Ken, and shook his head. Ken just stood there staring at her. 

They walked over to Alan's group,(all waiting behind their leader, Jonan), of about 15 hunters, all equipped with magic blasters. 

"I didn't think a loser like you would be here Ken!" Alyssa (Kens ex), said mockingly. "Did you learn your lesson when I broke up with you? That trash like you doesn't deserve to be with someone like me."

Allan internally groaned. Crap, that really couldn't have gone worse.

Ken looked up and asked "I did everything for you Alyssa! We were going to have a life together!"

Alyssa looked at him scornfully. "You should really learn your place, in fact, this is a perfect chance for me to introduce you to my boyfriend, Damien." She clung to a man, assumedly the other B ranker, leaning her head on his shoulder.

"Damien, this is the trash I dated before I met you, look at him, isn't he pitiful" 

Damien looked at Ken, and snorted, "What a sad sight, he has an ability, but it barely makes him as strong as a regular person!"

Alan grabbed Ken, who struggled against him "Let me at him Alan, I hate him so much!"

"Now is not the time for this, get a hold of yourself" He whispered in Ken's ear.

Damien snorted as he pulled Alyssa with him, as this other girl, quite beautiful with long blond hair and blue eyes, wearing long white robes followed them into the portal.

"Alright team! lets move in!" Jonan yelled as all the hunters followed him in.


A/n Alright that's it for chapter 1 guys, sorry if its a little short, if you have any constructive criticism I would love to hear it in the comments!

Also, if you are seeing a lot of cliche's, I assure you, this is 100% intentional for the beginning here. Have a great day!

 

0