School
2.2k 6 38
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.
It's decided, the order of harem members is Scarlet, Nara, Kathyrine, Atreya, and Vita (see the glossary for the names).

 

I walked through the halls of the massive school amongst the crowds of other students. I was trying to follow the map to my room and failing miserably. When I was getting closer (I think), a group of three men approached me.

 

One was a vampire with short blond hair, another was a wolfkin with red hair and fur, and the last was a birdfolk with mostly gray feathers.

 

"Hey there," The man in the lead, the vampire, said. He smiled at me. "Do you need help finding someplace?"

 

"I do, actually," I said. "Could you perhaps point me in the direction of Room A10?"

 

"I could," The man said. "But not for free."

 

I realized these men were looking for sex.

 

"Yeah, no thanks," I said, turning and walking away.

 

"Don't just walk away!" The wolfkin said. He reached out and grabbed onto my arm.

 

In response, I used my ice magic to coat my wing in a thin layer of frost, turning my arm into a blade. I slashed behind me, cutting the man's upper arm and shoulder. He cried out in pain.

 

"I would prefer it if you don't touch me," I said before stalking away. They didn't follow.

 

Soon, though, I found the room. I opened the door to see four people.

 

The one I noticed first was a tall, gorgeous dragonkin woman. She looked a few inches taller than me and had hair the color of cherry blossoms that hung down to her waist. Dark magenta horns curved from the top of her forehead and down to just above her ears. A long tail that alternated in stripes of cherry blossom pink and light magenta. Her eyes were another shade of pink. She wore a loose shirt that showed off her quite large chest and a pair of pants that were dark blue. Her skin was lightly tanned.

 

The second woman had three sets of secondary eyes underneath her regular ones. All eight of them had dark purple irises and plus-shaped pupils. She had dark skin and white hair that hung down to her shoulders. The thing that tipped me off as to her race was the second pair of arms that had an insect-like armor, showing her to be a spiderkin.

 

The third woman was obviously a vampire. She had blood-red eyes, pale white skin, and platinum blond hair. Her clothes covered most of her body and were all completely black. She was standing next to the fourth woman, a human in plain but high-quality clothes and a strange metal band around her neck.

 

"Oh, hello," The dragonkin woman said. "Are you our last roommate?"

 

"Yes," I said.

 

"Hi, I'm Charlotte Sweb," The spiderkin said. I couldn't help but laugh internally at her name, which sounded just like a children's book from Earth. "Nice to meet you."

 

"I'm Evelyn Orchard," I said.

 

"Orchard?" The dragonkin asked. "As in daughter of Nitri Orchard?"

 

"Granddaughter, actually," I said.

 

"Looks like you're not the highest noble anymore," Charlotte said to the vampire.

 

"Yeah, yeah," She said in response. "Whatever." Then she turned to me. "My name is Ava Cullen, and this is my slave, Kira." She indicated the human next to her.

 

"And I'm Scarlet Aerol," The dragonkin said.

 

"Oh, also, what's your test score?" Charlotte asked. "I got 35!"

 

"I also have 35," Ava said. "And Scarlet has a 36."

 

"I got a 38," I said.

 

"Wait, what!?" Charlotte exclaimed. "What the hell! That makes you a Level 3 Student!"

 

"What do the levels mean anyway?" I asked.

 

"Level 1 Students have a score of 20 or less," Charlotte said. "They're the lowest of the low because you have to get a 19 to get into the school. Level 2 Students have between a 21 and 36 and make up most of the first-year students."

 

"Level 3 Students have a 37, 38, 39, or 40 and are the highest first years and the lowest second years," Scarlet added. "As we get stronger at the school, we eventually can take the tests on the next level, which go up to 80. Every level from 4 and up is every twenty points for the test."

 

"What's the difference, though?" I asked.

 

"Level 4 Students and up get their own apartment," Scarlet said. "Level 5 and up gets access to the upper levels of the library, and after that, it's just hierarchy."

 

"Oh," I said.

 

"What magic types do you guys have?" Charlotte asked. "I have [Poison] and [Dark] as innates, I learned [Earth] and am learning [Light], and I plan to learn [Law]."

 

"I have [Wind], [Fire], and [Stellar] as innates and I learned [Sound]," Scarlet said. "I haven't chosen a second learned yet."

 

"I have [Dark], [Fire], and [Steel] as innates," Ava said. "I learned both [Lunar] and [Stellar], so now I have [Night]. Kira has [Iron]."

 

"You let a human learn magic?" Charlotte asked.

 

"Yes," Ava said. "She has the spell [Iron Body] so I can drink her blood without affecting her."

 

"Oh," Charlotte said. "Evelyn, what do you have?"

 

"I have [Ice], [Sound], and [Night] as innates," I said. "I had both [Lunar] and [Stellar] to begin with. I learned [Law] too."

 

I almost wanted to tell them that my [Law] type was innate, but I didn't know if I could fully trust them.

 

"That's cool," Scarlet said. "You're a natural four-typer."

 

"Yeah," I said.

 

"Oh crap!" Ava said suddenly. "We have to get to the school assembly in three minutes!"

 

"Oh no," Scarlet said.

 

"I know the way!" Charlotte said. "Come on, let's go!"

 

With that, the four of us (Kira stayed behind) left our room, all laughing and panicking together.

 

Wow, two chapters in one day! By two chapters I mean one chapter each fro two different stories.

38