Sparring
645 5 25
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Charlotte's first move sent three blasts of [Dark] energy. Using one ice-sharpened wing, I cut two in half. The third hit my feathers and dispelled. I had used my [Law] magic to turn the ice on my wings into magic disruptors.

 

Charlotte still held the fourth ball of energy. This one grew bigger than the ones before, crackling with purple [Poison] energy. Then she threw it at me. I leaped to the side and sent my own attack, a ball of condensed sound. It zoomed forward and struck Charlotte's arm, knocking her back.

 

Then I leaped forward. As I did, I shattered the ice on my wings, flattened out my feathers, and then froze them again to create thinner blades. I slashed forward, utilizing two spells at once, [Windblade] and [Bladed Echo].

 

The first one created a slashing vortex of air that would knock opponents back. The second took any attack with an edge, whether it be a sword, knife, or magic, and created 'echoes' of it that did the same thing.

 

The slashes all sped forward, knocking into Charlotte. Each one had a slight delay, so instead of applying all their force at once, they forced her back, step by step.

 

The final one pushed her off the edge of the mat, ending the match.

 

"Wow," Charlotte said, shaking my hand. "You're strong."

 

"Thanks," I said. "I've practiced almost my whole life."

 

"Oh," Charlotte said. "Right. you're a royal."

 

"I. . . guess I am," I said. "I never really thought of it that way. To be fair, I also didn't interact with anyone that wasn't my family or someone who worked at my house."

 

"Spoiled, that's what you were," Charlotte said. "Come on, let's go see how Scarlet's doing."

 

We went over to the section of the room with gray mats. At the moment, Scarlet was using a small sword that looked more like a lightsaber than a sword and was facing against a short turtlekin with two short katanas.

 

Her blade had a small short hilt with a crossguard and pommel. Jutting out from the crossguard was a small oval of light that seemed to be a magical extension. The blade itself was disconnected from the hilt; it was made of gleaming light that the hilt seemed to project.

 

Scarlet slashed horizontally and her opponent leaped over it. Their two blades whirled around them, blocking Scarlet and attacking her at the same time. The tall dragonkin had to balance offense and defense perfectly or else she would get hit by the blades.

 

Then she leaped backward. The turtlekin took the opportunity to lunge at her and stabbed with both weapons. Scarlet, using her long tail, threw herself into the air and above her opponent. Before they could fully turn around, she swung.

 

Her blade collided against a shimmering white shield that popped up momentarily to block. It shattered and both stopped fighting.

 

"Thank you for the opportunity to fight," Scarlet said to her opponent. They thanked her as well and then both went separate ways.

 

"That was cool," I said. "What is that?"

 

"A light sword," Scarlet said. "It projects energy so it's like a sword but it's easily storable."

 

"Neat," Charlotte said. "I'm tired though. I'm going to head back to our room."

 

"Alright, see you," I said. Charlotte left and I turned to Scarlet. "So, what should we do now?"

 

Scarlet was about to answer when a voice from nearby us interrupted.

 

"Hey, you!" It said. "Harpy girl! I challenge you to a duel!"

25