Not the Truck!
2.1k 16 55
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

It was a normal day for me. I had been walking back from my boring job in an office.

 

My boss was demanding and generally awful. I knew none of my coworkers well and they didn't know me.

 

But that day changed my life.

 

The light had turned red. The crosswalk light became the green man. I began walking.

 

Then the screeching of tires. I looked up and saw a massive steel object flying toward me.

 

Then a sudden impact and a bright light. The light swirled around me.

 

The light faded to black before being pierced by cyan letters.

 

<[.User.{Edward Friar} found]>
<[Searching for .Cause of Death.]>
<[.Cause of Death. found]>
<[.Cause of Death. = .Truck_Impact.]>

<[Initializing _Action_ .Rebirth.]>

<̶̪͛[̶̛͖̺͈̊͝Ĕ̷̼̆r̶̪͒r̴̮͕̓̊ọ̵̬͑r̵̖͒̐́͜]̷̧̗̗̕͝>̵̭̀̀

<[_Action_ .Rebirth. has been overwritten]>
<[_Action_ .Rebirth. has been replaced with _Action_ .Reincarnation.]>

<[.Settings. are being reset]>

<[.Setting_World. = Fantizia]>

<[.Setting_Species. = Harpy]>

<[.Setting_Gender. = Female]>

<[.Settings. have been reset]>

<[Initializing _Action_ .Reincarnation.]>

<[_Action_ .Reincarnation. Completed]>

 

Then the black was tangible.

 

I could feel myself trapped in something. I tried to move and felt the 'cage' around me wobble. I let out a yelp, only to find that I couldn't make a sound. I pushed against it. Nothing happened. I pushed harder and felt myself tipping over.

 

Then a warmth enveloped me and I was righted. Vague noises came from around me.

 

I tried to kick at whatever was around me and heard a satisfying crack. I kicked again, with both legs. Another sharp noise and white lines appeared in a starburst in front of me. I kicked a third time and gaps opened in the cracks.

 

Two more and the strange shell around me fell away. I cried out as bright light blinded my eyes. I brought my arms to my face and felt something soft against my skin.

 

Then a pair of arms was around me, lifting me, and passing me to another set of arms. They held me close, surrounding me in warmth. I slowly opened my eyes and saw the face of a beautiful woman with sky-blue hair. I was lying on her chest, and I could feel her chest underneath my strangely small body.

 

"Oh, my precious baby," She said, kissing me on the forehead. I opened my mouth and tried to say something, but only a nonsensical babble left my lips.

 

"What should her name be?" I heard a male voice ask.

 

Wait, her? Were they talking about me? I was a guy! What was going on!?

 

"Evelyn," The woman said, soft arms holding me. I looked at them and realized that they were covered in feathers the same color as her hair. Lying on top of her chest was one of my arms, also covered with blue feathers.

 

I looked at my other arm and saw the same.

 

Wait.

 

Those weird letters had said 'reincarnation'. I must have been reborn.

 

"Evelyn," The same male voice from before said. "Wonderful."

 

Then I began to cry. I don't know why, but tears began flowing.

 

"Sh, sh, sh," The woman holding me, who must have been my mother, said. Something about her words comforted me, and I calmed down.

 

I was now a girl, apparently. In a new world.

 

I guess it wasn't so bad to get a restart.

 

The start of a new story! This won't be super long but it won't be short either. I hope you guys like it.

55