Inspired by Cat Videos | Author’s Note
9 1 0
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

        Facebook cats. Don't ask, but yes—that's where I got this idea from. LOL!

        Welcome, everyone, to Milo and Maisie, my very first entry for an open novella contest! I've wanted to try an Open Novella Contest since 2020, but school and other stories distracted me. I'm not expecting to make it far in the contest, but I'm so happy to try it finally!

        Milo and Maisie is an autobiographical book, written in story format, about my experience with the Disney College Program in 2023-2024—my first step in moving on after my brother's tragic death in 2021. Up until May 15th, 2023, I stayed with my family so we could grieve together. Attending the DCP was a massive milestone for me, and I wanted to end it with a bang. Lo and behold, here came the ONC 2024!

        Milo, the orange tabby, was inspired by my cat, Tanner, and obviously, Maisie Claire is me. I've learned so much with the DCP and can't wait to share my experiences!

        Before you consider joining the DCP, though, let me warn you... It's not easy. I was so overwhelmed my first few weeks that I had to see a therapist for three months. Then again, it was also the first time I had separated from my family since Matthew.

        While I'm embarrassed to admit that Disney put me in Custodial at All-Star Sports, I learned to appreciate it later. There was so much leeway with the job, and what made the Program were the people I worked with. Disney is a fantastic place to make friends, but they're tough on their CPs. Prepare for good and bad days, late nights, and almost no time off.

        With that said, we need to help Milo and Maisie through this life-changing event so they can learn to appreciate the DCP as much as I do.

        FYI, for the privacy of my family and brother, I'm not going to explain how Maisie's brother died, so please do not tell me to.

        Also FYI, like most of my writing, this book is plot and character-driven with a screenplay-like format, so expect minimal descriptions and shorter chapters. This is my writing style, and as long as it works for me, that's all that matters.

        Now, it's time for the fun part—the prompt!

        I went with Prompt #24 for this book: "A desperate wish, made from the heart, is always answered. Sooner or later." It's literally perfect!

        Let's get the ball rolling and see what happens! I'll see y'all on the other side!

- Victoria/Viktoria

 

Wattpad Achievements:

🏅 ONC 2024 Round 1 Qualifier!

🏅 ONC 2024 Round 2 Qualifier!

🏅 ONC 2024 Ambassadors' Pick!

🏅Reached #3 in the #onc2024 tag (March 27th, 2024)!

⭐ Featured on @CelestiaCove || It's All New | New Adult Reading List (March 1st, 2024).

⭐ Featured on @WackyWriters || Undiscovered Gems Under 1K Reading List (March 2nd, 2024).

⭐ Featured on @WackyWriters || Daring Dramas Reading List (March 2nd, 2024).

⭐ Featured on @Project_Athena || Everyday Life | General Fiction Reading List (March 9th, 2024).

⭐ Featured on @The_Reading_Room || Feast on Fiction | Historical Fiction/Non-Fiction/General Fiction Reading List (May 1st, 2024).

 

All rights reserved! Please do NOT plagiarize this story! I do NOT want to have to turn on my bad side—just FYI.

0