Chapter 1: Awakening
10 0 0
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Chapter 1: Awakening

  Today is the day of awakening for a lot of youngsters in Dell plane, a name Lucian still argues strongly about. According to the old book, there is nothing like planes only planets.

In a book that had a language he could not understand, there were images that showed tall buildings which the old teacher called skyscrapers, horses, lions, cars, planes, electricity et cetera.

Of course there is nothing of the sought now. The poor people of the lower district either used rented horse drawn carriages or used their legs.

The physical fitness of the people in this era was off the charts. Everyone had a chance of awakening, there has basically never been a case of failure if an individual attempts an awakening.

Neighbouring planes around Dell plane also have the same characteristics but without a certain level of strength, attempting a journey to another plane is equivalent to suicide.

The old teacher told him that the objects and books he let him study were fragments from the old world.

  Lucian stares at his sister Aster excitedly but she merely glanced at him before she concentrates on the painting depicting a bright golden sun.

  “He is just excited because he is about to gain superpowers like us and join our team, don’t spoil the fun” Xander a young man of about twenty four years with a broad sword on his back, his eyes blood red. He is the leader of the tyrant adventuring team one of the top three adventuring team in glory shelter.

   “I am finally going to stop being the bottom feeder in the team… I am looking forward to you joining us Lucian” John another member of the tyrant team said beaming at the young boy.

  “Be fast with your awakening so I can begin training you kid” Aaron a man with several scars on his face said without much change in his expression.

  The lady leaning on the door remained silent, her eyes that contained stars seems to be moving at a high speed.

 Aster stands up after placing a glowing stone on the four corners of the painting, “stand in front of the painting and wait until you feel you can’t keep looking… it is bound to succeed anyway so there is no need to be nervous” she tells her brother who does as he is instructed.

  Lucian stares at the painting with eagerness but he couldn’t help thinking about the past, the parents of the siblings died when they went to explore a newly discovered dungeon, though it is called a dungeon, they are actually pockets of space that contains extraordinary creatures with powerful abilities on par with humans of the same rank.

  His parents tried to keep the little family going despite spending the larger portion of their time working like most other families around them.

   They live in Dell plane which has five shelters for humans due to the presence of out of control extraordinary creatures in the plane, the shelters are ruled by the five biggest families who each have Rank 5’s overseeing affairs of the entire shelter.

  Other creatures that do not have have tendencies to cause chaos formed their territories around forests or dungeons directly connected to the plane.

   “ I have always wondered why Dell is called a plane… according to the old book I saw in Xander’s room Dell should be called a planet, I am finally going to know more once I advance to Rank Nine Sun” his thoughts were simple because he learnt from a kind teacher who was an expert in one of the old world languages.

  He graduated from the shelter compulsory basic education and the school also offered to help him awaken but his sister already prepared everything he needed so he chose to awaken his ability in tyrant team headquarters.

   The basic education divided superpowers based on four paths which are the sun, moon, star and planets, and the known progression is from rank 9 to rank 5 though there has been suspected records of rank four’s and also sights of corrupted extraordinary creatures of this level but rank five’s are completely no match for them even with numbers preventing them from knowing a way to advance to this level.

 A dungeon with a suspected rank four was what led to the deaths of his parents and now he is choosing the sun because it is the path with the strongest attack power, fast speed, high immunity to negative statuses and also counters darkness related abilities to an extent.

The painting became seemingly bright and Lucian began to resonate with the painting, within his spirit body and sea of consciousness, patterns and symbols of high temperature flares, burning meteors, fire ravings and other signs collectively looking like a midday sun finally appeared.

His eyes were glowing bright when they opened and the temperature around him instantly rose due to not being able to control his abilities yet.

“Congratulations… the team members shouted in unison especially John who was enthusiast because he was no longer the youngest member of the group.

0