Chapter 4: Reputation
4 0 1
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Chapter 4: Reputation

 His teammates, spectators and scout watched with anticipation at what would happen next but their eyes immediately revealed shock with some scouts standing up from their seats, the star warrior intention was to seal space, and while Lucian was busy trying to break the restriction, he would use the time to calm down and recover a little bit of energy. He had no choice, Lucian was in the middle of the stage and getting near him was equivalent to attempting suicide because sun warriors were very explosive.

But something changed, Lucian was standing in front of him, he could see him but when he tried to seal the space he couldn’t feel anything as if he was not within reality. Lucian didn’t wait for his opponent to recover from his shock… he threw blazing spears at the star warrior who immediately retreated, he didn’t wait for him to recover but pressed on his advantage by materialising near the star warrior using the remnant fire formed from the explosion of the spears.

He immediately transformed into a blazing fireball blinding his opponent while also slowing down his reaction, when this ability is used normally by other rank 9, they can only ensure the effect last for sometime before they return to their human form and attack again in order to use the advantage but Lucian directly throws a fireball that exploded sending his opponent out of the stage.

The spectators were quiet for a few seconds due to shock and surprise before resounding cheers filled the stands.

“He is crazy… a scout thought with surprise still on his face. The training ground manager who introduced the talents had a look that says, “I told you so.”

Zack looked thoughtfully at Lucian before speaking, “he seems to be able to multitask, is it okay to give him such a skill without any training? Or he already trained in it and the awakening amplified the effects? If it is so then he is good.

The Valencia family scout turned to Leylah and Aaron, “I can see his potential, why don’t you let him join us so we can train him? From what I see he is not inferior to those from the central district.”

Leylah immediately waved her hand at his words, “he will do better with us, the Valencia family has too many talents to care for a district bumpkin.” The scout merely smiled at her words without replying.

Reina and George greeted him with smiles after he returned to them, Reina who was beaming said, “you did well now we go straight to the finals.”

Adam looked at his direction thoughtfully, he was really depressed at this point, “he is really crazy, why do I have to be in the same competition with a person who is so reckless.”

The winners of each group was decided in the subsequent matches.

Three members of each group will fight for the first position in the finals. The finals will be fought in a progressive group until the first position is determined which means, group 1 will be matched with group 2, group 3 will be matched with group 4 up to group 7 and group 8 that automatically advanced.

Group 1 team consisted of a star warrior and two sun warriors all male while group 2 led by Adam, Helen a sun warrior and a moon warrior entered the arena spreading out slightly, waiting for the starting signal.

The judge raised the flag and ten seconds later, he brought it down Signifying the start of the competition.

The eyes of the sun warrior in group 1 turned golden while the eyes of the moon warrior in Adam’s group became darker, the sun warrior directly created a firewall that negated a moon path ability to create ice and partial mind ability to induce tiredness and sleep, the moon warrior created a shield of ice and also condensed several ice spears which he threw at his opponents.

Helen who was given enough time to prepare rapidly condensed sun ravens, they flew towards their opponents and exploded on contact with the firewall, breaching their defence.

Adam instantly blinked to the star warrior on the other team and with Helen using more of her sun ravens to prevent him from blinking out of range, he immediately engaged with him on close combat.

Adam’s skill were more superior so he threw him out of the stage within 20 seconds.

With three of them fighting against the two sun warriors, the outcome was quickly decided. Cheers continued in the stands as group 2 was declared winner of the contest.

Reina led the group into the stage, she looked at her opponents calmly while instructing, “we need to take out one of them,” the opposing team had a star warrior, moon warrior and planet warrior.

Taking out one of them will make it easier for them to fight three against two, “let’s take out the moon warrior because they can be troublesome the longer they stay in a fight…

   “Who do you think will win?” Leylah asked, “Reina’s team of course, it is just like fighting four or five people with Lucian on the team.” Aaron replied, rolling his eyes.

Aster looked at her brother in surprise and anticipation, “my stupid brother is finally doing something to be proud of for the first time.”

Luke the moon warrior on the opposing team felt a chill as he looked at Lucian opposite him… due to the moon path partial mind ability, they have a high level of intuition to negative thoughts. Multiple thoughts flashed through his mind at once when he thought of Lucian… the crazy youth in the district who lead other youngsters in hunting a half rank 9 monster, using a spirit artifact as an ordinary person.

He shuddered at the thought of fighting such a difficult opponent.

1