50 – Evolution Two
73 1 5
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Matt had finally made it back to his home. His comforting apartment was all he needed right now to calm his nerves. He had completed the quest and leveled up on the way back which he was now very excited to check out.

The door to his apartment swung open as he stepped through, taking in the sights and smells. He realized that soon, he may not be able to experience this much longer. He had already canceled his contract with the landlord, so unless he renewed it, he would be leaving here soon.

Matt made his way to his bedroom and hopped on the bed. He laid there and browsed his new rewards. He didn’t want to wait any longer, so he didn’t delay. He opened the completed quest menu again and read over the rewards.

__________

[Quest Complete]

Survive

+1 Unassigned Skill Point, +5 Unassigned Stat Points, +100xp [XP 208/144]

__________

So, I know what the rest is, but this skill point? I wonder what it does.’

He had a few guesses, but he wanted to wait until he finished assigning his stats. When he looked at the level-up, he saw that he was rewarded with 3 more unassigned stat points again. So in total, he had 8 to spend.

I wonder which stats I should do…’

Something suddenly caught his eye. He saw that his health was full, not to mention being 10 points higher. He had almost forgotten about that feature, but it was super useful in this case where he had been in very low health. His attention shifted back to his stats once more.

So my the closest stat I have to evolving is intelligence, which is 19.’

He felt like putting a point into that was a given since he was only one point away. But he would do that later, since one thing he was interested in seeing, was what would happen if he raised a stat to 30.

He knew stats evolved at 20, and so would they again at 30? Or maybe nothing would happen.

If it was in an increment of 20, then it would make sense for it to be at 30 too.’

There was only one way to find out, so he decided to put 5 points into his strength stat. It was the closest to reaching 30 besides his agility, and while his agi was useful, he felt like he wanted to increase his fighting potential.

He remembered the punch he delivered earlier and realized that if he had more strength, combined with his combat skills, he could really hold his own against other players. He had never really played melee types in games, but it seemed like he was accidentally becoming one in real life.

I want to get magic at some point. That’s when I could really go all out!’

He had always fantasized about using magic in real life, but so far he hadn’t gotten the chance to try it yet with his system. He seemed to have no mana or magic skills. Refocusing on his task, he assigned 5 points to his str.

He felt his body changing again after he assigned the points, which was the normal effect of him adding points to his strength. At this point, it was hard to notice what changed, but if he lifted something, he would be able to tell instantly how much he had gotten stronger.

He waited for a bit in silence, before a familiar sound chimed once again.

[Stat evolution will now begin.]

[Stat Detected: STR]

He felt like his muscles were melting as the evolution occurred once again. The feeling quickly settled down and felt like it sunk deep into his body. He had gotten even stronger than before.

But then he received another notification.

__________

[Evolution Reached: 2]

(Strength)

Rewards: +10% damage to all physical combat skills.

__________

Woah! That’s not bad!’

He suddenly realized that he was prioritizing wrong this whole time. If he focused on an individual stat, then he could get really good rewards. However, stat balance is very important too.

He felt like at this point, he must have been really strong, at least when compared to a normal person. He was starting to run out of ideas of how to test his strength since soon gym weights just wouldn’t cut it. That was a good problem to have though.

So, next is my intelligence and then I’ll have 2 points left.’

He placed one more point in his intelligence and felt a slight increase in the clarity of his mind. But he knew that was only the small effect of a one-point increase, he was really waiting for the evolution.

[Stat evolution will now begin.]

[Stat Detected: INT]

He suddenly got a massive headache. It caught him off guard and he clutched his head with his hands. Then after a few seconds, the pain went away and it felt like his mind was being massaged by soft blankets. After it settled down, he seemed like the world was much clearer as if it had been shrouded in a thick layer of fog before.

That feels weird.’

He noticed once again, that his increase in intelligence didn’t affect his inherent smarts, but the functioning of his mind and memory in general.

Maybe there’s a different stat for that?’

He looked over his stats once more, trying to decide what to put his points into. There were a few stats that he had ignored every time he had points to spend, but maybe it was time to give them some attention.

When he really thought about what he needed, he wanted to be able to survive better. With his recent encounter in mind, he thought having a better constitution couldn’t hurt, so he decided to put both of his remaining points in con. It was also close to evolving, so he thought it was best.

After doing so, he once again felt denser, and his skin was more resilient. He assumed that if he raised his constitution, it would help reduce the damage he took in general. That was probably one of the reasons he even survived his last fight.

After finishing assigning his stats, he now focused on one thing he had been dying to check out.

Now, what is this skill point?’

-

-

-

-

-

__________

||Stats||

Name: Matt Peterson

Age: 18

LVL: 4 [XP 64/172]

HP | 40/40

MP | 0/0

Status Effects: +10% Speed, +10% Defense, +10% Physical Combat Skill Damage

-

||Attributes||

[Stat Points]: 0

[Str] - 3o (+5)

[Con] - 19 (+2)

[Agi] - 24

[Dex] - 14

[Int] - 20 (+1)

[Luk] - 13

[Cha] - 10

-

||Skills||

[Skill Points]: 1

Inspect [LV.2], Map [LV.2], Help [LV.1], Storage [LV.1], Mind Palace [LV.1] (Cooldown: 20 Hours), Self Defense [LV.2], Boxing [LV.2], Karate [LV.2], Kung Fu (Unspecialized) [LV.2], Wrestling [LV.1], Judo [LV.1], Kickboxing [LV.1], Interpersonal Communication [LV.1], Basic Survival [LV.1], Running [LV.2], Freerunning [LV.2], Message [LV.1], Crafting [LV. 1]

-

||Quests||

-General-

Reach LVL 5 [4/5] [Reward: +10 Unassigned Stat Points, +1 Artifact]

Compete in an event and win [Reward: +1 All Stats, +75xp]

-

-Daily-

*Daily quests not available in beta*

 

||Equipped||

Feet: Sports Shoes of Bursting Speed (Ability: Speed Burst)

 

||Storage||

-Items [4/25]-

Used Bullet [1], Gun [1], Knife [1], Smart Phone [1]

__________

5