Sudden Encounter
833 12 23
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Day 2.

It’s my first full day in this world. I have no idea what to expect in this unrecorded period, but it’s probably a giant flaming meteor being hurled at Earth if I have any guesses. 

Yesterday was pretty hectic as I hurriedly looked for shelter trying to avoid the sounds of literal dinosaurs roars that echoed through the forest.

I found a cave earlier, the inside is dry and at a cool temperature not that it matters to me thanks to my new body. 

On the topic of my body, I’ve found very interesting details relating to it. Such as I don’t need to eat, breathe, sleep or perform anything like that! But I’ve found out that if I need to I can simulate those processes, maybe to fit in with human society but it won’t have any effect.

I don’t feel pain and I can’t smell, touch, and taste. But I can simulate those senses which are honestly great, I don’t know how I would feel with losing my ability to feel such senses. But pain is different, my body doesn’t simulate the pain but it simulates the pressure I guess?

I haven’t found much else as I haven’t had the opportunity to test out my capabilities yet… So that will be for later. 

My first objective is securing a base of operations. The cave is nice and all but it offers me no protection since the opening is way too big and multiple entrances lead to the central cavern. 

Exiting the cave warily as the sun rays blind me I take a look at the surrounding area filled with trees and flora. They look more beautiful when it’s not so misty and dark.

Walking to a clearing in the middle of the forest while trying to remain quiet I brush my dreads out my eyes I start scanning the area to find any lifeforms. My right eye flashes a red light before a red ray of light flashes on the bushes 

The only lifeforms in my general vicinity are bugs and the likes, nothing to worry about... “I hope” I murmur remembering the wide array of alien creatures so there’s no judging what anything could be.

Continuing ahead of the clearing I go north visibly indicated by the hologram of a compass floating above the palms of my extended hands. 

So what type of base am I looking for here? Well, something that’s hard to find would be great. So no tree houses or the likes. Maybe something underground? Hmm… That might be the most viable choice.

Continuing my stroll further while looking for anything I can use as a base of operations I hear rustling to the right of me.

Looking in the direction I see the bushes moving and rustling. Hurriedly waving off the compass hologram and activating my scan ability I get into a fighting position I learned from one of those karate youtube videos. 

As the ray of red light flashes over the bushes, a human figure is highlighted in red, and in the corner of my eye, a model of that person is shown. A teenage looking person with black hair who looks like an off-brand Itachi?

Slowly his head pops out from the bushes staring directly at me releasing a gasp of surprise. He opens his mouth and he speaks--

EARLIER THAT DAY.

“Ah…. Fuck my head hurts…” Opening my eyes instead of being greeted by my bedroom roof like I was expecting I’m greeted by a vibrantly blue sky. It takes me a while to realize I’m not in my bed before I frantically bend over finding myself in the clearing of a forest.

Panicking for a few minutes I try to regain my calm by breathing in and out... Inhale…. Exhale… 

Ok... Think. Think. Think! What happened before? 

Was it because of that weird dream..? Wait? That happened!? Remembering the brief conversation I had with this Ein Sof thing in what I thought to be a dream I start freaking out.

I’m stuck in a prehistoric age with the abilities of ‘The Gamer’. Okay, cool! There’s one big fucking problem though.. I don’t know how to survive in this world! 

As I was frantically ranting I hear a sudden beeping sound that ringed in my head. Soon a floating holographic game menu appeared in front of me reading out 

[ Welcome, Min-Jun ‘The Gamer.’, activating starter package. ] It chimes.

 

[ + Gamers Body added, allows the user to live life as if it’s a game. MP, HP and cures all status ailments after sleeping in a bed. ]

 

[ + Gamer’s Mind added, allows the user to calmly and logically think through things while providing immunity to psychological stat debuffs also allows users to have a peaceful mind. ]

 

I was extremely ecstatic when I saw that menu. If this is the DC Universe then that means there are a lot of beings and things out there that can destroy the world with ease. And that could potentially be me one day... I think? 

‘Status’ I mentally command just like in all those fanfictions I’ve read. Soon a long list appears in front of my face.

[ Name: Unnamed] [ Title: The Gamer] 

[ Level: 1] [ EXP: 0/150 ]

[ HP: 100/100 ] [ MP: 10/10 ] [ SP: 50/50 ] 

[ STR: 5 ] [ VIT: 10 ] [ AGI: 10 ] [ INT: 15 ] [ WIS: 3 ] 

“What the fuck?” I mumble. I already know what all these stats mean, but what’s with that low wisdom? Is this system fucking with me? 

[ Wisdom: A value based on the ability to the application of knowledge, commonsense and good judgment. You are directly lacking in all of these values therefore given a low starting wisdom. ]

“You’re joking? I’m like the wisest person on this entire planet right now! Are you saying a T-Rex is wiser than me?!” I yell out in annoyance, suddenly a flash of coolness overwhelms my entire body calming me down.

“So that’s Gamer’s Body? That’s insanely helpful…”

[ Main Quest alert] 

[ Objective: Survive and Thrive! ]

[ You find yourself in a prehistoric DC Universe, what is a former high school student with no experience relating to anything nature related supposed to do? Well, survive and thrive of course! ]

[ Completion requirements: 145 points in all stats before the meteors hit. ]

[ Penalty: Death]

[ Reward: 35 points in all stats, Loot Box Grade: A, Title: Eternal, Best friend, Forcefield Talisman 5 KM ]

 

“What?” That was sort of a hard infodump to take in. Why would I need a best friend as a reward? Is this another name for something? I’ll think about it later…

Finally standing up I look around the clearing. I keep seeing the bushes shake a little sometimes getting a glimpse of a reptilian tail... I should probably get back. Slowly moving backward the opposite direction of whatever that is I step on a stick that loudly snaps in half

Looking down at my feet and the broken stick then back to the location of the animal I see it’s head pop out the bush staring directly at me revealing it to be a raptor before a few more come behind and also stare at me. “Fuck,” I whisper

[ Emergency Mission ]

[ Objective: Run! ]

[ Run for your short-lived life! ]

[ Reward: 5 points in all stats ]

[ Penalty: Death ]

Looking at the holographic menu then back at the pack of raptors I panic and start dashing

 

Yo! Thanks for reading to the end, while you're here join my discord, you can ask me questions and suggest ideas or even characters!

23