ch.8(travels and wonders)
3 0 0
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

[Terran POV]

 

I kept the road in view and kept moving, looking from afar when I saw others on the road and going around any towns and cities. I didn’t know what I could do when people would scream and run even at the sight of me. Not knowing the language was a hindrance I didn’t know how to get around, gestures and such can only work if the others are paying attention and I likely fall in the shoot to kill territory.

 

As I journeyed I came across many sights such as floating mountains that were too high for me to reach and I couldn’t really see any physical means to reach them even if I noticed a castle in them, forests of mushrooms that stretched as far as I could see that I didn’t go too deep into but I did take biomass from them, rivers of water that flowed in the sky that really threw me off, I could see fish in them and I did follow it to a massive cloud that I could see many avians around so I didn’t go too close because some of them where humanoid, I also came across a desert that was flourishing with life, filled with many creatures that I had never seen some made water, some grew plants, some took care of the young of all others animals it was beautiful but they ran away whenever I got close to them, it was disappointing.

 

It had become clear to me that nature here was connected as nothing attacked me anymore and more often than not creatures just ran away the ones that didn’t would at most not attack if I kept a certain distance, perhaps this was the consequence of my early actions when I was still reeling from my arrival on this world and ended up consuming that wolf, No matter. Their symbiotic relationship was something that I liked to watch even if couldn’t get too close. I spent longer in that desert than in any other place.

 

Throughout my travels, I came across many types of people merchants, nobles, mercenaries, and maybe some adventurers as well but I couldn’t exactly tell and they were varied in their species as well elves, dwarfs, centaurs, orcs, humans, fae(?) that always popped out of existence if they noticed me, giants, halflings that I thought were dwarf children at first until I noticed their somewhat adult features, some types of living plants with varying amounts of humanoid shapes, the beast-kin that varied in how much like an animal they looked some looked basically human all the way to basically animals that I noticed would speak in a similar manner to the others, I saw some that looked like both angels and demons yet there wasn’t any animosity between them which threw me for a loop and I saw some shapeshifters as well which gave me hope that I might be accepted because they were not treated much differently.

 

I couldn’t come too close to them as they would always become alert when I came close so I began to pick up tells that would warn me when I was getting too close, the distance was different each time so I savored the times that I could get close enough to hear them clearly to try and piece together a language, thankfully even if I noticed many distinct languages one of them was common and spoken a lot so I focused on it mentally calling it common if only to humor myself.

 

[Elwin POV]

 

Much happened and my trip was delayed again and again it was annoying, even if it was funny when I saw Rachel place a massive amount of paperwork on Jura’s desk right as he was done when he called me in and began lecturing me about subtlety and even if good things happened that I should have just had her replaced and told him rather then blow the whole thing up all while not looking up from his desk to see this face filled with despair at the sight of work is always entertaining.

 

The best thing is that Mungus decided to send one of his better students to follow me on my trip of which I am no longer sure of how long it will take as none of my spells can pinpoint the location of the creature so far at most I get a general direction which became even vaguer then it was before and tracking it will take time so I had to prepare even more supplies even of others call them excessive I would rather be prepared and I am rich so this much is a given.

 

Anyway, a new report of a possible sighting of the creature was made and now we know that it is human-like, didn’t know our language, can make armor or has some means to store them, and is somewhat benevolent and sapient so at least I have a trail to follow as he(?) will be willing to interact with others so it is only a matter of time till we find him, it will a fun adventure as I don’t need to hurry as I often had to when the things I had to find where threats.

 

I wonder if I should use this as an opportunity to have my apprentice get out of her hole, if Jura had one I would have taken them with me as well, hmm yes. she needs to learn how to travel and adventure and if she just so happens to keep me amused as we travel then that is just a bonus.

 

[??? POV]

 

“GIRL GET OUT OF YOUR HOLE I AM TAKING YOU FOR AN ADVENTURE!!”

 

Wind blew and sent paper flying everywhere as I fell back from my chair onto the ground as master blasted in using magic to amplify his voice and making a mess of my room.

 

“DO YOU have to do this you could have just sent someone?”

 

I calmed myself as I got out of the chair and took deep breaths to keep my embarrassment hidden.

 

“Well I could but where is the fun in that?”

 

I felt my eyes twitching but just stared at him while thinking of ways I could make him suffer, then chose to ignore that statement.

 

“Where are we going and for how long?”

 

Looking at his smug face as he said

“No clue” 

Made me want to hit him in the head with a stick as I felt veins bulge on my head.

“Now now calm yourself my apprentice, as a mage you must always be calm and logical you only need to know that I have decided to take you with me as we track the creature that saved little Elrond from the stupidity of his uncle so all you need to take with you is already in your sub-space and everything else that you might need is with me, you ought to observe and take notes for next time because I won’t go with you then.”

 

Ah, so that's why if only he didn’t enjoy teasing others then my life would have been so much more simpler.

0