Walter X Jesse AU oneshot
3 0 0
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

--- The Crash ---

 

The ambulance sirens deafened my ears.

The red and blue blinded my eyes.

The smoke from the car engine suffocated my lungs.

The paramedics had front-row seats for this theatre of destruction. Another car accident, another crash. It was raining, but the car was still smoldering like a summer-camp bonfire. Police and firemen rushed to the scene, and started barking orders and rounding witnesses and bystanders. I struggled as I dug my bloody fingernails in the damp dirt and used all my remaining strength to crawl out of the shattered glass window, with an inch of my soul left in my shattered vessel. One of the policemen took notice of me and called the others to check up on me.

It was late, and we were drunk driving… We knew the risk but still went ahead, like the foolish kids we were. I could barely open my eyes. I didn’t know who I was, but I did know where I was. In a car crash. With my best friend. I never thought this could happen to me, but it did. It’s funny how karma works- like a silent predator, it strikes you when you least expect it. And, before I knew it I was sitting in the back of an ambulance, with Jesse strapped to the stretcher.

I held on to his hand with my bandaged fingers wrapped between his. There was an IV stuck in his forearm, and it made me feel weirdly comforted in a sickly way. Needles were always a part of Jesse’s life. However, it wasn’t medical, it was always for ‘recreational purposes’. I reached out my hand to stroke his purple and red stained face, he looked like a Picasso painting. Yet before we knew it, we arrived at the hospital.

The rhythmic pulsing of medical machinery flooded my ears, with every beep sending a shiver down my spine. Hands shaking, I picked up my phone to check the time, its 2am. I trembled slightly as I brought my hands to my lips, teeth anxiously gnawing at the already frayed edges of my nails in a silent echo of my inner turmoil.

I stood up, and began to pace around the empty hospital clutching on to my rain-soaked hoodie. As I walked past the other patients in the waiting room, I felt a sensation of uneasiness, almost guilt even. My sneakers were squeaking against the concrete floor with each step I took, dragging the wet and dirt like a snail-trail. Hell, I prayed- and I never prayed. I wasn’t religious but I suppose this is what people usually do in this sort of situation. I prayed that Jesse was ok.

Finally, I heard the cold melancholic metal door creak open pathetically.

“Mr White, you may come in now.” the Nurse spoke softly. Initially, I hesitated but succumbed to my senses and took a step into the office. The faintly metallic antiseptic smell of bleach, alcohol and rubber infiltrated my nasal area. Naturally, the distasteful scent found its way into my head once more, like an ex-partner, or a drug. Lingering in my headspace, intoxicating me with the sensation of overflowing anxiety and desperation once more.

I stepped towards the hospital bed and tried to look into his eyes, but they remained shut. At that moment, I felt the wave of guilt engulf me. My heart was beating out of my chest, as if it’s trying escape my ribcage. I turned my head to then lock eyes with the heart monitor. Tears started uncontrollable gushing out of my eyes, they won’t stop even if I wanted them to, my knees felt weak.

He was alive.

The relief felt almost euphoric, and I was happy. I really was.

 

---authors note---

Hii its my first time writing and im not sure if this will be a full series :< theze are basically just random AUs ive thought of for these characters :p thanks for reading!! ^^

0