Chapter Nine: The Icy Demise
2 0 0
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Panic set in, Valenius stood still, gazing into the darkness that was barely outlined in the trees as he traversed the eerie forest.

Valenius's body shivered in response to the icy breeze slicing through him.

Wrapping his arms around himself, he struggled forward, feeling the encroaching numbness.

Breathing grew heavier as he attempted to become accustomed to the darkness.

However, it was useless; he could see nothing.

Frantically, Valenius began striking his gauntlet, hoping to bring forth some light.

The coldness caused it to freeze, refusing to illuminate.

Panic set in as Valenius felt his energy depleting rapidly.

Finding a shelter became imperative to avoid freezing to death. Though he tried to move faster, his efforts were in vain.

Suddenly, Valenius heard something rushing past.

Stopping, he strained to listen and quickly considered his options.

Should he go in the opposite direction to avoid the unknown, or take the risk and follow it, hoping for shelter?

Valenius shivered even more and, summoning the last of his energy, decided to pursue the creature.

Uncertain of what he would find when he neared it, he embarked on the journey.

As he stumbled through the forest, branches kept scratching him, and he collided with a tree, losing consciousness and collapsing to the ground.

When Valenius opened his eyes, his vision was initially blurred, but as it cleared, a glimmer of hope emerged upon seeing a distant light.

Getting up, he winced as blood dripped down his face. Wiping it away with his hands, he caught the metallic scent, confirming it was blood from the impact of the tree.

Stumbling toward the light, he discovered it was a fire inside a cave.

Rushing towards it, he felt the warmth without getting burnt, immediately feeling the heat thawing his body.

Valenius mind focused more than he reached into the bag, consuming some supplies provided by Slaintus.

Staring into the flames, his thoughts raced, and panic set in.

Surveying the cave, he found it empty, with only the wind and the sound of flickering flames.

Contemplating why the game brought him back when he wished to stay with his family, memories of hostile messages carved in the desk that was in the cave crossed his mind.

His thoughts turned to Salintus, wondering why he felt threatened and abruptly abandoned him after saving his life.

Exhaustion overwhelmed him, and he fell asleep.

Upon awakening, Valenius saw the sunlight piercing through the dark cave and smelled the extinguished smoke from the fire.

Feeling more rested, he continued and exited the cave.

Progressing through the foreboding forest, he heard a strange noise resembling wing flapping, which disappeared, bringing relief.

Continuing his journey through the beautifully contrasting landscape with blue and white flowers, his joy faded when a roar pierced the air.

Looking up, he noticed a large dark creature flying towards him.

Panicking, Valenius ran in the opposite direction, but the creature, Linsonus, the monster that Olenius summoned, was a dragon with a slim body three times the size of Valenius, landed in front of Valenius as it stood on its hind legs.

Frozen in place, he reached for his sword, but Linsonus, with pitch-black scales and piercing blue eyes, knocked the sword away.

Linsonus bit Valenius's shoulder, flinging him against a tree.

In pain and with blurred vision, Valenius saw Linsonus approaching. The Linsonus' claws pierced Valenius's shoulders, lifting him in the air, and Valenius, unable to move, closed his eyes in fear, bracing for the impending strike

Notes from the Author:

I am looking for reviewers for my fantasy novel called The Swords of unforgotten Memories, if you would a free ecopy of the Novel and in hopes you will leave a review and help an indie out, please click link below to sign up and get the free book.

https://booksprout.co/reviewer/review-copy/view/151664/the-swords-of-the-unforgotten-memories-secrets-beneath-the-ripples

Thank you for reading this chapter and I hope you are enjoying the story so far.

Would love to know your feedback especially for this chapter. I want to grow as writer and the readers ie you. Your opinion matters. So please provide feedback if you have time.

For advanced chapters, discord access, voting etc please check out my Ream account: https://reamstories.com/sheenso 

Please follow me for updates when the next chapter will be available. 

Please sign up to my newsletter via my website www.sheenaoloughlin.com

0