Chapter 1 – A Wish and A Universe
147 6 5
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Jacob stood before a creature of unknowable size, the figure uttered in a booming voice "YOU HAVE ONE WISH, STATE IT." Jacob began to ponder one wish he could wish for something insanely powerful like ultimate superman, but he would die, eventually. He didn't want anything to end him, he wanted power, enough power so no one could command him anymore and he never wanted to be bored again...

Suddenly a thought entered his mind a path to eternity across the infinite cosmos, instantly limitations unfolded in his mind he could not infinitely stack powers, he could not choose the worlds but he would be able to keep all memories, "I wish that every time I die I will be brought back here, granted one power and then be sent to a random world while keeping my memories and experiences."

"GRANTED"

Jacob was immediatly folded in on himself repeatedly until he disappeared.

*POP*

Jacob appeared on a cliffside next to a lighthouse, confused and dazed as he looked around. Far behind him was a quaint little seaside town, beneath him was what was very interesting, a giant statue somewhat humanoid but it had four arms and a mask on top of its face.

He also noticed a small house underneath the statue. An itchy feeling began at the back of his head, a memory he couldn't quite recall, "Hello?" a voice called he was immediately snapped out of his thoughts as stood in front of him was a woman with purple skin and a gem in her chest she was small somewhere between four foot and five foot tall. ”Hello? Youthere, Knock Knock." She spoke to me again. "Hello, Where am I?" I asked, "Uhhh, beach city. Why? You forget?" She answered.

Beach City, the itch became a full blown migraine as a sledgehammer of memories smashed my gooey brain. Beach City the home to Steven Universe, a show all about Gem based aliens attempting to colonise the universe who when attempting to take the earth were stopped by The Crystal Gems, Earth's defenders. 

"Yes I did" I responded, she scrunched up her face before sticking out her hand "I'm Amethyst" I took a little too long before responding "I'm Jacob" shaking her hand. She talked with me for a little while longer before it began to get late. "Bye, Jakie got to" she says. I responded "I see, do you want me to walk you home?"

She shook her head, no. "Goodbye then, Amy" I responded quickly, giving her a nickname like she had given me. I walked back to the lighthouse, as far as I could remember no one lived here in the show, I should be able to squat here for a little while at the very least. Heading inside I quickly took stock of the building, all the way upstairs was a large sofa and an armchair, quickly grabbing a blanket of the armchair I lay down on the sofa, ready for a rough night.

I dreamt of myself moving rock using strong and swift movements while sliding my feet across the ground. I noticed the lack of shoes.

I woke up sweating, my muscles felt tired like I had been working out all night, as well as feeling a warmth deep inside my core. I stood up before walking down the long stairs, maybe why I was so tired? As I walked out onto the grassy hillside I felt the earth connect to me through the soles of my feet, a feeling of strength filling my body as the warmth in my core spread out to the edges of my limbs.

I quickly slid my foot back through the grass before stomping down, as I did so the earth jumped out as a large lump of dirt which I mock punched, dashing it across the hill. Instantly the warmth that had spread throughout my body left with the movement of the earth and I began to pant, breathless.

I sat down and began to slow my breaths trying to regain my breath, slowly achingly slow that warmth once again began to spread inside of me. My strength returned. I began a loop of using all my energy, meditating, using all my energy, meditating, etc. Until I heard a voice, "Hello?, Jakie, you here?" Amethyst shouted up the hill, I quickly responded "Over here, Amy." she immediately locked eyes on me and began running forwards.

*Wham*

She ran directly into me, knocking me to the floor. "You alright?" I ask. "Yeah" she responded, she didn't seem alright.

 

 

 

5