Chapter 0 – Prologue
73 0 2
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

*Ding*

[Confirm spending 100 points to add {1} potential to agility {83/99}?]

My heart shook since today seemed to be a particularly bad run of luck. These were my last remaining points I had saved over the past week.

'Yes'

The floating holographic window burst into a shower of white lights as I ignored the now routine fireworks before a new attempt.

[FAIL]

"NOOOOOOOOOOO. This was the 20th attempt! I should've been successful by now! Hey! System! This is a scam! I want to talk to customer service!!"

I burst into my usual tirade as the holographic window replied.

[Individual gacha attempts are subject to their own probability and are independent of any previous attempts]

"ARRGGGHHHH!!!! F**k probability!!"

****************************

It wasn't always like this. I was a failed professional football player, stuck in a dead end job when I died trying to save a child from a speeding car at a ripe, old age of 33.

But that wasn't the end of my story. I found myself back in time in my 10 year old self. Moreover, I got a supernatural power called the 'Football Gacha system'.

I was overjoyed since I had read a few online novels with badass protagonists having a similar power.

But what's this? Gacha system? Everything is probability? I can only increase my potential and not my immediate ability? I need to train rigorously to actually get better?

Just as my enthusiasm was waning, what I read next put the nail in the coffin.

[Goal: Win the Ballon D'or.

Deadline: 33 (age)

Penalty: Destruction of soul]

"F**K"

Join me as I try to become the best football player in the world, accompanied by a system that doesn't get humor.

///////////////

Note: Ballon D'or is awarded to the best football player of the year. Can be thought of as a football equivalent of the Oscar for Best Male Actor. It is the lifelong dream and goal of most players

2