Volume 1 Chapter 12
56 0 0
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

---

[3rd floor]

The third floor was different. Here dwelled evil goblins – cruel creatures. Perhaps I wanted to encounter these small beings, but not in such surroundings. It's unclear to me why they attacked. They didn't even have any intellect, as if their brains turned into mush while being in this dungeon.

— Argh!

A goblin tried to bite through my skin, injuring itself in the process. Its teeth crumbled after coming into contact with my tough defense.

"Get lost!"

My winged fist drove it into the ground, slicing its neck with my wing. My claw struck this small head, separating it from the body.

— Uaargh!!

Goblins leaped from different sides, holding rocks or sharp teeth to strike me and Garvus.

These bloodthirsty dwarves did their job with quantity. I don't know about humans, but two monsters could scatter them in an instant. Though, it wasn't without wounds. You couldn't come out of this dry. Garvus got a couple of scars from goblin bites on his back, several scratches.

One of these bastards tried to devour my ass. I grabbed him by the nose, ripping the front part of his face off.

— Ugh!

[Goblin Level 15]

"What a survivor! Running around without a face..."

The goblin spat blood, falling to the ground and writhing in slow death. I put his face in my mouth, beginning to devour the goblin's flesh.

— Delicious...

The goblins standing around suddenly stopped, feeling repulsion. One of them even raised an eyebrow at my action.

Shaking their heads, the goblins started screaming again, leaping at us from different sides.

Garvus fended them off with his paw, and one of the goblins ended up in his mouth. He exploded the goblin's head with one motion, scattering brains all over the cave.

— Oh yes!

I felt ecstatic, washing my beak in someone else's blood. I looked at them with a sinister smile, killing each goblin with my wing.

— Uuuaaargh!

One goblin had a sharp stick in its hands. It tried to pierce me with it.

Garvus grabbed it by the neck, and I approached from the other side, pulling this stick out of its hands. I had a good idea, and my face only intensified its sinister smile.

I impaled this goblin's anus with this long stick, inserting it very deeply.

— UAAAARGH!

The goblin writhed in pain, white foam coming out of its mouth, apparently experiencing intense agony. I wouldn't wish that on anyone. The other goblins froze in horror, watching this terrible act.

Garvus covered his eyes, feeling a wild disgust at such violence. He saw the sadism I displayed towards any opponent.

The spear went through, killing the goblin, and all the others exclaimed. They felt fear, continuing to fight to the death.

[Level Up!]

[Sadism raised to Level 2!]

[Received 5 experience points!]

On this floor, I reached the maximum, raising only one level, fighting with these small creatures. They irritated so much, whimpering as they were killed, and didn't even try to show mercy.

They displayed their kindness just like me and Garvus — killing everyone, without pity, without remorse. We simply enjoyed rivers of corpses, blood.

It was truly my pleasure, no one could stop me. No hunters, monster paradise.

There were many goblins in this place, they were jumping from different sides. Several even managed to graze me, hitting me with their clubs, while I felt pleasure from being struck.

[HP: 53/160!]

My health was dropping, and I was enjoying every blow. I took on these goblins, strengthened my skin, and then smashed their skulls with all my might using my head.

"You fear me, don't you? Why try so hard?" 

One of the goblins slowly crawled to the ground, pressing against the wall. Even in such a form, I was too cruel to the inhabitants of these places.

I treated Garvus completely differently; he was obedient, getting in the way when needed.

I looked at the fox and saw how he rejoiced in killing these goblins. He even managed to smear his muzzle with their blood. Garvus looked at me with his cute gaze while ripping the head off one of the goblins.

"His instincts won't go away, just like mine..."

At the pace we were acting, the goblins continued to scream at us. Around lay the bodies of the green dwarves. Only a smaller part remained. I pecked out the eyes of the still living goblins. By the end of the third floor, goblin corpses littered the entire cave.

In front of the next gates stood a guard, a different one already. The goblin was slightly larger than the others and stood out because he looked like an albino: white, hunched over with red eyes.

I watched him for a long time. This guard didn't move; he was waiting for us to attack him. In his hands was a tooth of some monster, sharp, very sharp.

[Goblin Guard Level 18]

The Goblin Guard stood before us, his red eyes looking at us with impenetrable coldness. His white skin looked unpleasant against the green goblins surrounding him.

— Well, Garvus, let's go show him, — I muttered, closely watching the guard.

Garvus nodded, his sharp teeth gleaming against the red foam covering his muzzle.

We approached the guard, preparing for a fight. He didn't budge, continuing to study us with his red eyes.

— Halt! — the guard's voice rang out. His lips barely moved, but the words sounded clear and confident.

I was surprised; my eyes widened even more at his ability to speak. Most of the inhabitants here weren't so cooperative.

We stopped, cautiously waiting for what he would say next.

— You may pass if you pay three coins, — the guard stated, not moving from his spot.

— Three? Do you really think we'll make such a deal? — I replied, looking at the guard with disdain.

Garvus growled, his teeth gleaming, creating a menacing sight.

The guard showed no emotion; he simply continued to stand there, like an eternal guardian of an impregnable fortress.

— Does  not fit!— I said, preparing to attack.

The goblin froze for a moment, not understanding why these monsters refused to give him money to pass. His surprise turned into a wild look, and he slammed the door shut with a heavy thud.

Boom!

— Kill them! — roared the white goblin, pointing his frail finger at us to the other goblins. His dark eyes looked at the fox, and he was not interested in me.

— And cut off the white fur... — a wild grin appeared on the white goblin's face.

"This scum! Damn, what is this place anyway?!"

I succumbed to the liberties, and from the words of this goblin, my barrier broke, showing my intimidating aura.

— I...!

Around my body began to emanate a mass of energy, pressing weak goblins to the ground. They couldn't withstand such a quantity of energy. They were weaker than me by several levels, so I could hold them down.

— I won't let you touch him...! — a loud raspy voice echoed through the cave, emitting an unrestrained aura. This goblin managed to stay in place. His gaze switched to me, and he smiled even wider at such energy.

I grabbed several goblins with my strong wings, starting to crush their heads. They screamed in pain, trying to hide from me. Some of them even started to bleed from their ears and noses due to the strain they were experiencing.

The white goblin standing in front, despite his outward coolness, began to feel the effects of my aura. His smirk became less confident, and something flashed in his eyes, resembling both fear and excitement.

— What's this...? — the goblin muttered.

Meanwhile, Garvus growled softly, his gaze directed at the white goblin. He lunged forward, swinging his long claws, breaking through the white goblin's weapon.

— Grh! — the goblin pushed the fox away with one hand, and he flew into the stone surface, collecting dust with his body.

— U-u... — Garvus whimpered softly, struggling to get back on his feet.

The white goblin, though shaken, remained standing, his eyes sparkling with cruelty.

I seized the moment and rushed forward, my wings flapping in the air, creating a whirlwind. I delivered several slashes with my wings, circling the white goblin. Garvus, recovering from the blow, attacked again, his menacing claws ready to tear the enemy apart.

The white goblin roared with rage, his thin lips contorted in a smile. He raised his weapon, preparing for the next attack. The goblin parried my next attack with sand, deflecting it with his hand.

The white goblin, noticing Garvus, tried to fend off his attack. The fox dodged skillfully and delivered a powerful claw strike to the goblin's side. He howled in pain but showed no sign of surrender.

— UAA-Arg! — at that moment, I prepared for a strike. Rising above the ground on my wings, I gathered all my strength into one of my wings.

Shush! 

The whistling sound of the rushing air accompanied my thrust as I flew straight at the white goblin. My beak gleamed, creating bright flashes against the dark dungeon.

A second later, my beak pierced the goblin's body, piercing his heart. The white goblin groaned, his eyes expressing unbearable pain before he collapsed to the ground, trying to rip me out of his chest.

— UAA-Aa-Ahrg…

I burst through his body, devouring whatever remains I could reach from his entrails, licking my bloody beak. The goblin's body jerked, subsiding with agonizing groans. The goblin died a slow death.

[Guard of the 3rd floor defeated!]

[Level increased!]

[5 points for level!]

[5 for defeated enemy!]

[3 white runes!]

From the rewards, I obtained goblin clubs. They could be sold at some market in this world, so any resources obtained were added to the inventory.

Swallow!

Garvus was already accustomed to me carrying everything in my beak. It's good he doesn't ask where it all goes. Otherwise, explaining to a fox that there's another space opening up in your beak would be very strange.

[Goblin clubs 5 pieces]

[Price: 50 Gear per 1]

To my surprise, nothing else dropped. Apparently, the chests contained random items that appeared in some order. Although I liked that some things weren't so easy to obtain. I sighed heavily, entering the next gates.

On the fourth and fifth levels, there were no good rewards. I earned a total of 700 Gear.

Passing through the fourth and fifth gates, I encountered even more ruthless and dangerous enemies. The goblins on these levels were stronger and more cunning.

[You killed a Horde of Goblins Level 14!]

[5th Floor]

On the fifth level, we encountered a group of Hobgoblins, which were larger than ordinary goblins. They were even dumber, but dealing with them was much easier, slicing their tendons on their legs.

[You killed a Hobgoblin Guard Level 15!]

[6th Floor]

This floor yielded nothing; it was also empty. My level didn't increase, and this place gave me nothing.

It seemed to me that this place was meant for humans because for them, it looked like hell.

For me, it was very easy, but the rewards were a nightmare. The chests were greedy; on this floor, they gave nothing.

[You killed an Earth Golem Level 16!]

[7th Floor]

After the seventh floor, everything became very simple. I predicted every strike, and it was so stupid. They even stopped giving me chests on this level; it was all just boredom. I even gained a new title.

[Title acquired: Dungeon Foe]

— What the...? — I whispered to myself.

I opened my characteristics, scrolling through all the parameters. Yes, I was strong, but I was interested in this title. It had no level; a passive skill was present, but the title itself was level-less.

Appearance: Magical Crow

Level: 19/50

Name: Kuroi

HP: 190/190

Energy: 165/165

Strength: 160

Intelligence: 88

Defense: 53

Agility: 50

Endurance: 77

Wisdom: 45

[Experience: 15] [Runes: 33]

[Development Path: Monster]

[Titles: Demon 1.lvl, Voracity 1.lvl, Sadism 2. lvl, Dungeon Foe]

[Your Skills: Silent Planning 2.lvl, Predatory Bird Flight 2.lvl, Beak Strike 3.lvl, Raven's Will 1.lvl, Dialect 3.lvl]

[Learned Abilities: Contraction 1.lvl, Sand Manipulation 2.lvl, Tough Skin 2.lvl]

[Dungeon Foe - The longer you spend in dungeons, the more your damage increases by 1%. Maximum percentage - unknown.]

Hah! That was obviously a nice bonus. For starters, I had been in this dungeon for who knows how many days.

"Well, that's good! They could've given this earlier..." 

I was interested in the place where I bought skills. Approaching the doors, I decided to take a small break, silently pressing against the stone. Garvus understood my hint, falling to the ground with a tired sigh.

— Could've just said you wanted to rest... — I said to Garvus, glancing at him. He looked at me with a cute gaze, then buried his nose in his paws, understanding that he could indeed offer to rest.

[Magical shop opened!] 

[Update available!]

Next to the skill purchase table, a new table appeared.

[Sell to Gorgon!]

It was a kind of shop for buying and selling, where I could sell everything I found. 

Even berries could be sold, and any item was valued as a precious treasure.

I sold everything that seemed unnecessary to me without second thoughts: small crystals, iron remnants, and goblin clubs.

[Your sum: 1453 Gear]

 

0