Volume 1 Chapter 1
421 6 7
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Volume 1 Chapter 1 

Do you think I saw something? 

No, unfortunately, I was just born. 

Honestly, I've lived many years in the body of a vampire. What happened, you ask me? And who am I telling this story to?

I will tell this story to my children, and they, in turn, to their children. It all started, as you already know, with:

—Oh, you bastard!

Ludwig grabbed me by the throat. He didn't care about me, just like about my other brethren. His heavy hand held me by the throat, as if I were some dog.

—Are you going to kill me, like the others?

I snarled at him, showing my fangs, while my own blood oozed from my mouth. I weakened, I just couldn't recover fast enough.

In this world, unfortunately, I was not the main character. That man in glasses and a big black hat was always ahead.

—You're a vampire...

Said Ludwig, pressing a revolver to my head, loaded with holy bullets. As I know, wounds from these bullets cannot even be healed.

He knew what I feared, he knew what we feared. Those who hide in the shadows from the sunlight.

Truth be told, I got tired of being wise over the years. I lived enough, killing people.

Did I feel fear? No, I felt nothing when someone else's life slipped away in my hands.

I broke free from his tight grip, instantly found myself behind him, to deliver a devastating blow to the title of someone else's house. This bastard just played very dirty.

He took and threw a special silver powder into my eyes, so that I would lose sight for a short time.

— Piece of shit!

 A-a-a-Argg!!

Over the years, I have never seen people as well-prepared as Ludwig Van Helsing. Yes, his lineage rose from the Van Helsings. His whole lineage killed my brethren.

What was my motive for becoming a vampire? Yes, I don't remember anymore. So much time has passed, maybe I was young, wanting to live forever.

Now I wouldn't wish such a life on anyone: eternal hunger, killing people, vomiting from regular food.

While I'm here telling you about myself, this buffalo was hitting me multiple times on the head with the back of his revolver. Not that I liked it, I just stopped feeling pain over the years.

Bang!

The revolver's hammer cocked, the bullet literally pierced my jaw, tearing it apart completely. As you've already understood, it couldn't be restored so easily.

I lay there, like a piece of cloth, in the middle of dark alleys. You know why he was killing me? Yes, because I'm a vampire, but there was another reason.

For some reason, I became his archenemy. I liked it, he saw a rival in me. It was something incredible in this gray life.

This was also my last fight, my immortal life was coming to an end, I was calm in my soul.

—You've been trying to kill me for so many years, now nothing stops you!"

I raised my hands, as if to my savior. I surrendered, or life just forced me to lower my hands. I tried everything in my life, it was enough for me.

 I was ready to simply lose my vampire life, I understood that a long life is just a curse.

I even forgot who made me like this, a nun passing by? A maniac craving his empire? Or just a boy who wanted someone bigger, I will never know.

Ludwig just sneered, feeling hatred. He pressed me with his boot. He raised his revolver, his eyes literally pierced me, waiting for me to break free from his grip, as it usually happens.

Boom!

Now was the moment when he had to say a cool phrase, but I didn't hear it because of the noise in my ears and the dark screen in front of my eyes.

"This is the end..."

People are right when they say that your whole life flashes before your eyes. Suddenly, I saw how an ordinary vampire girl bit me as she ran past.

I didn't know who she was, even throughout my whole life, I had never seen this girl before. It was pleasant to see my second birth through a vampire's bite.

Now you've learned a bit about the story of my death. My name was Kuro Tsubasa, though now it meant nothing.

I lived on Earth for 334 years, lived until the present time. No one knew me, everyone saw me only as a vampire, as all my close people died a natural death.

[You were born!]

My ears heard it as I wandered through the white space, my body was floating somewhere, while I slowly dissolved into my own thoughts.

"How was I born? Who decided this?"

I thought, trying to open my eyes. I couldn't open my eyes, I felt very tired, I wanted to sleep.

"Sleep? I haven't felt tired in a long time..."

I slowly lost myself in the darkness, falling asleep somewhere warm, after a few hours or days. I don't know how many days have passed.

I felt cramped, yes, I just felt how my limbs swelled. I wanted to get out of this space, trying to push through this darkness.

Crack! My head burst through some thin wall, I broke it. Honestly, I couldn't see anything, my vision was nonexistent, I'll tell you.

"Where am I? Why am I blind?"

I asked myself, wondering why I was still alive, even though my vision was failing me. My body began to break free from this wall completely, I felt like I was finally free.

Bang!

"What? I feel!"

I couldn't feel my legs, did I even have them? I didn't feel anything except the sound of the wind and someone else's hissing.

[You are in another world called Bastet!]

Answered me with a gentle female voice, presumably, she was young.

"What a tender voice..."

I thought, I was curious who this girl in my head was and how she ended up there at all.

"So, you can answer my questions, but communicating is prohibited?"

[...]

The girl in my head didn't answer anything, I tried to get up, but my limbs didn't obey me.

"Where am I?"

I was calm, I just needed to ask questions to understand this situation. I understood that I had come back to life again, but I felt it. Over the years, I had developed a sense of something, after so many years of life, what could surprise me?

Phew!

[Presumably, you are in a nest!]

This answer gave me a little information while I was blind as a bat. I literally froze in my thoughts, there were many options of what happened to me.

The only option came to me after several hundred variations of my answers. "I was reborn into some creature, definitely not a human, because this is some eggplant."

"He can't do anything! Blind and can't even stand up."

The only thing I could ask what I am was what I did, asking this girl. She had such a pleasant voice that I simply decided to give her a name.

"Gorgona, what am I?"

This shell didn't care what I called her, she even responded to this name. After all, I only addressed her.

After my question, a window appeared in front of my eyes, a system window!

View: Crowling

Level: 1/10

Name: Kuroi

HP: 5/5

Energy: 5/5

Development path: None

Titles: [Demon 1.lvl]

Skills:

Skill [Quiet Planning 1.lvl]

Skill [Flight of a predatory bird 1.lvl]

Special skill [Crow gesture]

Do you think I don't know what this is? I had a phone myself, I was an advanced vampire. True, then my phone broke when I jumped over the roofs of houses.

I tried to do something with my hands, but I couldn't. I was helpless, like a limbless worm, although, looking at these characteristics, I thought I was cool.

My gray weekdays changed. I don't know how long I sat waiting for something. Suddenly I heard the flapping of wings, something huge flew towards me, landing in the nest.

I was a calm chick in the nest, compared to others.

Oh! Yes, I wasn't alone.

I found my siblings when they suddenly started squeaking like little train whistles. They screamed when apparently food arrived to feed us all, while I had to open my beak myself.

Mine was closed, and I didn't even try to open it. I was fed using force. The one who opened my mouth with his beak was apparently my father. His grumbling was pleasant to me, fatherly instructions that I didn't understand.

"Stop stuffing something incomprehensible into my mouth!"

I needed to eat, I just didn't want to eat something like that, a mixture of something incomprehensible. I wanted to vomit, but I still swallowed this filth.

I didn't see anything, just blurry spots jumping around in my small eyes.

Everything changed on the 30th day.

Yes, I counted the days, alternating nights. At this time, I just saw this world with my own eyes. I was in a large nest in the middle of the blue sky.

Around me were many tree tops, I even saw several huge mountains.

"At last I can see!"

I lowered my small head to look at myself. I had a little dark plumage, my legs had just become straight and mobile.

There was no one else in the nest except me. Maybe I was the weakest of my brood. I came to this conclusion because no one else flew to feed me. Maybe I annoyed the big crow.

I sat in the nest, waiting for three days, then I started to get hungry. That was the charm of mortality. I could die even from hunger. Looking at my status again, I looked at the title that still hung with me.

[Titles: Demon]

Perhaps it was because I was a vampire. Even here, my nature remained. True, now I didn't just want to sit still and die.

I stood up on my strong paws. I had several small claws. I spread my wings to think about the next step.

Yes, it was risky. After all, my inner voice suggested that it was time to do this. Not to return to this place again, as my father did.

Sitting in this large nest was good, but I became interested in what would await me next? Would I have any difficulties if I continued to live, to continue my adventures? I was curious why I was alive again, I had questions again.

I was eager to test myself, to go on my own adventure. It's so great when you live once and can live this life to the fullest!

What is my motive? The meaning of my next life? What do I want from this second breath?

I want...

I want to be in the center of everything, to be noticed. I want to become strong so that they admire my strength!

"Just let me get new emotions already!"

With a joyful smile, I jumped out of the nest, diving down through the tree leaves, feeling every cell of my body, experiencing an incredible sense of excitement!

"Here it is, my weakness!"

I flapped my wings, leveling off my horizontal flight. My wings finally worked, it was an amazing feeling. I flew under the trees, hiding among the leaves.

I was weak and small, but for now, I needed to think about the next stage. I needed to find food, my home, protection, and adventures that I would be thrilled with!

I looked around, no crows nearby. Perhaps they were all eaten because of their stupid thinking. They couldn't coexist with strong birds. If you think about it, this option was also there, they were all killed. It didn't scare me.

I laughed death in the face, because I lived by the principle:

"Kill or be killed."

If a person fears something, why should he then leave the house? You always need to try something new. That's all for me!

So much interesting stuff, why not try it? Every flap of my wings was felt in my plumage, it rose up like a stabilizer for flight.

I clung to a branch. Flying for a long time was hard, I just needed to rest for a while. My wings hurt from the sudden change in environment, it was my first flight.

— Kurk!

I looked questioningly at the worm, which was moving very slowly before my eyes. I felt a strong sense of hunger at the sight of this worm.

"Darn, it's so tempting!"

With disgust, I tossed the worm with my paw. Catching it with my beak, I had to chew this worm several times to get a taste for it.

At first, it seemed to me that this was some kind of savagery, but after tasting it, it turned out to be not bad. Tasted like human flesh with blood or chicken.

[Level increased!]

[Received 3 experience points]

+5 HP, +5 Energy

"What have I done?"

I asked myself again. My level increased after I ate an ordinary worm without anyone's help.

In addition, my life with energy increased fivefold. It was just wonderful. Now I understand how level up works.

I also got 3 experience points. It didn't disappear anywhere, perhaps it was needed

7