Future 7
94 0 2
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Ch 7- Sarada Uchiha (Part 4)

Disclaimer - I don't own Boruto and Naruto.


The new scene starts with Sasuke’s Susanoo soaring through the skies. Riding the massive beast of chakra were Sasuke, Naruto, Cho-Cho, and Sarada.

“I still can’t believe this is the result of someone’s jutsu. This goes far beyond the ranking of S-ranks with ease” said Asuma lighting a new cigarette.

Kurenai immediately took the cigarette out of his mouth and threw it out.

“There are children here” reprimanded Kurenai sternly.

“How do you expect me to not smoke for a whole day?” whined Asuma.

“Ugh, you have to tone down your addiction sensei” said Ino making a face.

“Here, you can have a packet of chips instead” said Choji.

Asuma took the chips from Choji grumbling about how unfair his life was.

“Whipped” snickered Kakashi.

Sarada remembered the times her dad consoled her mom and even defended her strength in front of Orochimaru.

‘How does he really feel about mom?’ thought Sarada.

“We all wonder what goes on in Mr. Broody’s head?” joked Jiraiya.

“Indeed, that’s a million ryo question right there” barked Tsume.

Naruto and Kiba snickered.

“Mr. Broody huh, that’s got a nice ring to it” said Kakashi.

Sasuke scowled and looked away.

‘Future Sakura might be…attractive to some degree but currently, she is annoying. How did she even become this…capable in the future’ thought Sasuke as he pondered on her future daughter’s thought secretly.

‘I wonder what really went on between the two of them?’ thought Sarada as a family portrait of Akatsuki Sasuke, adult Sakura and baby Sarada came on the screen.

“Aww, Sarada looks so cute” said Ino gushing.

“Yeah, she is really cute” said Sakura brightly.

“…How is it that Sakura-san doesn’t have a photo of your adult self? Because I don’t see any other reason for her to put your Akatsuki portrait” said Shino, surprisingly without getting interrupted by anyone.

Again, the light-hearted mood in the atmosphere changed for the worse within the Konoha 12.

“Jerk” growled Kiba.

‘Give me a break’ thought Sasuke and had to stop himself from sighing.

“I have no control over my future self” reminded Sasuke.

“If only the Uchiha has the rinnegan then presumably he has been very busy in the future” said Neji standing neutral on his opinion in this matter.

“I really wonder how your future self can still love him? I wouldn’t personally marry a traitor, much less look after his child like a mistress” said Tenten.

“Hey, Sakura-chan is just kind enough to tolerate teme’s bullshit. That’s all there is to it dattebayo” said Naruto.

“Shut up, dobe” said Sasuke.

“I-It’s alright Naruto. Like I said, there is no reason for Sasuke to compromise his mission for someone like me” said Sakura softly.

“Hey, keep your chin up. You are the no.1 kunoichi in your class remember. You don’t need to so down on yourself” said Kakashi head patting Sakura.

“Yeah” said Naruto agreeing with his sensei.

Sasuke felt a pang of guilt.

‘Does my opinion of her affect her self-worth this much?’ thought Sasuke.

As if Naruto was able to sense Sarada’s thoughts he placed his hand on her shoulder.

“Lord seventh” said Sarada in surprise.

Sarada smiled and determination spread over her face.

‘I’m gonna save all this thinking for later. Right now, I just wanna save mom.’ thought Sarada.

“Indeed, one shouldn’t head into battle with clouded mind” said Hiruzen.

“A rookie mistake like that will get her killed” said Hiashi.

“Good to see her snap out of her thoughts and focus for the incoming combat” said Inoichi.

“Hey, future me is right there you know. I am the strongest shinobi of the generation. I will take care of this in a snap” said Naruto confidently.

“Arrogant much” said Shikamaru amused.

‘That’s all that matters’ thought Sarada and tightened her grip on her bag.

‘Despite the fact that I have been hiding so much from her, she still cares so much for me’ thought Sakura feeling touched.

Ino slapped her lightly on her shoulders.

“You will be a very good mother in the future forehead, don’t doubt yourself” whispered Ino quietly in Sakura’s ear.

It was at times like this Sakura regretted breaking their friendship, especially when Ino was such a great friend to her regardless of the fact she broke their friendship over a boy.

‘But I don’t have the courage to apologise to her’ thought Sakura bitterly as her inferiority complex clouded her judgement.

“Thanks, Ino-pig” said Sakura smiling. But none of their insults had any malice whatsoever. It was pretty clear to Sakura that Ino was trying to life her mood back up.

“We should be close. Naruto, sense them out” said Sasuke.

“Right” said Naruto.

The Susanoo was starting to descent as the screen shifted Sakura who was held at a gun point by Shin and his clones.

The atmosphere became much more serious.

“So, we are here” said Kakashi.

“Right, let’s see the new generation of team 7 kick some ass” said Jiraiya.

“We should note down this place and send an investigation unit after this is over. Just to be sure that Shin is not there already, Orochimaru has many hideouts, this could be one of them” said Shikaku.

“Indeed, we will send our clan’s best trackers” said Shibi.

“Of course, we will lend a hand as well” said Tsume.

“I suppose I will as well, I don’t like seeing my fellow teammate’s clan being disrespected to this extent as well” said Hiashi.

Sasuke rolled his eyes in surprise. Despite the fact that Hyuga’s were the rivals of the uchiha, the fact that Hiashi, being a clan head was willing to lend a hand was something Sasuke didn’t expect.

“Thank you, Hiashi-san” said Sasuke.

‘San huh, it should be ‘Sama’ to a clan head. How prideful is this kid?’ thought Choza sweat dropping.

“This is the least I can do for my fallen team mate” said Hiashi.

“I am the only one who deserves to carry out Itachi’s wishes and carry on the uchiha name” said Shin.

“Fuck you, how dare you carry out that traitor’s wishes and dare say that you are more worthy than me to carry on my clan’s name” said Sasuke seething in anger, unable to hide his blood lust.

His bloodlust unnerved some of the genins.

“H-hey Sasuke, not trying to say you are wrong but this is the future ya know, he is probably a teenager in our time. Maybe he is innocent” said Naruto.

“That’s if Danzo Shimura has not yet donated my clan’s eyes to that snake yet. Whether he isn’t twisted in our time, if he has my clan’s eyes, I will get them back” said Sasuke.

“Well, that’s fair. We gotta beat that pedo snake anyway so we can get this eye-ball guy out as well dattebayo” said Naruto.

“…You realize that you are talking about a sanin” said Shikamaru.

“I am the future Hokage ya know. What will a snake do to me?” asked Naruto confidently.

“You can’t argue with that idiot Shika” said Ino.

“That is the power of youth” said Lee giving Naruto a big thumbs up.

“Keep dreaming dobe, you got clowned upon by him remember” said Sasuke scoffing.

“So were you, don’t tell me you got scared again huh” said Naruto teasingly.

“As if, I will be prepared to beat him this time” said Sasuke determined.

“Are you guys crazy, you guys are actually thinking of entering the chunin exams despite knowing a sanin is targeting Sasuke?” asked Sakura horrified.

“We won’t let that happen you know” said Kakashi.

“Hm, whatever. I will get to this fake uchiha someday” said Sasuke.

“We will teme, don’t think we are letting an idiot like you go alone out there” said Naruto.

“My goal is to revive the Akatsuki, and stir conflict throughout the world once more” said Shin.

“He is talking as if there is no longer any conflict in the future among the five nations” said Jiraiya.

“Well, future has mentioned the existence of Kaguya, who threatened the entire world, maybe the alliance has lasted ever since then” said Hiruzen.

“But even after the defeat of Kaguya, I highly doubt the raikage and tsuchikage would let the alliance continue” said Asuma.

“This confirms however that Akatsuki will be quite a problem in the future” said Shikaku.

“I would look into that group more” said Jiraiya.

“Please do” said Hiruzen.

The screen that revealed that Shin’s whole right arm was made out of projectiles.

“EWW” said Ino and Sakura, both grossed out.

“Now that he is recovered, Sakura is in real danger” said Kiba.

“Hold up, his whole arm is full of projectiles that could be remotely controlled and can paralyze the likes of future Sasuke who is far beyond a kage” said Tsume astonished.

“I was right in my assumption then” said Asuma grimly.

“A mangekyo sharingan, a body full of sharingan and the genetic ability to integrate them completely in his body. He also seems to have the chakra to use it and has a space time mangekyo ability other than his main one huh” said Kakashi analysing Shin’s abilities.

“What a monster” said Tenzo.

“Tch, we need to get their faster” said Naruto impatiently.

“Relax, Sakura is their hostage. He wouldn’t kill her yet. If he wanted to, he would have done that already. We are already there anyway. We will save her” said Sasuke.

“Y-yeah, you are right” said Sakura.

Jiraiya laughed out loud.

“Hey, what’s so funny?” asked Naruto.

“Didn’t you see that just one punch of her incapacitated that bastard. You are worrying too much brats” said Jiraiya.

“B-but he was caught off guard, and I was admitted to the hospital and ran away before this. I don’t think I am battle ready” said Sakura.

“Yeah, and he just got out of a surgery as well” said Jiraiya, “You will be fine”

“…I don’t want to admit it…but if he can use all those sharingan well enough, he will be near untouchable in taijutsu, he can perceive all attacks beforehand. It will be difficult” said Sasuke.

“As long as Sakura-san doesn’t try to battle him and tries to buys some time till you guys get there, she should be fine, because she is a precious hostage to him” said Shino.

“Nah, she has what she needed to know from Shin, she will engage” said Shikamaru.

“What do you mean Shika?” asked Ino.

Sakura smirked.

“Your goal, huh” said Sakura.

Sakura cracked her knuckles.

“It looks like I don’t have to worry, since it’s apparent you have no friends” said Sakura.

“Hold up, you were extracting information from her. That’s why you let yourself be hostage” said Ten-ten surprised.

“I-I what, I don’t know what my future self was thinking? But that’s smart I guess” said Sakura confused.

“Well, it was apparent already when she was challenging his philosophies in the previous chapter wasn’t it?” said Neji.

“Indeed, she was goading him into revealing his goals and characteristics” said Shibi.

“Now that she knows that Shin has no back up other than his clones, she will try to subdue him” said Choza.

“In a situation where she was against someone who has without a doubt S-ranked prowess, now we are talking, your future self sure is impressive” said Tsume impressed.

“Wow, Sakura-chan, you’re so smart and cool” said Naruto.

Sasuke was surprised as well.

“But will you she be fine battling against someone who strategically got better of two people in leagues of Hashirama and Madara uchiha?” asked Tenzo worried.

“Ma ma, I am sure she will be careful” said Kakashi.

Jiraiya scoffed.

“She has mastered Tsunade’s ultimate jutsu by the looks of it. Trust me, as long as she has chakra stored, and I am sure she has a bunch considering they are in peacetime, she is unkillable” said Jiraiya.

“Wow, that’s some high praise” said Choji.

“Indeed, especially from a sanin as well” said Shino.

“I-I’m s-sure y-you will be f-fine, S-Sakura-san” said Hinata, reassuring the nervous Sakura and her team.

“Y-Yeah” said Sakura, blushing under so much praise.

All of the Konoha 12 looked forward to the battle.

“Friends?” asked Shin.

“As long as I take you down, everything will be settled” said Sakura and punched the ground.

The entire surface was destroyed by the impact as cracks started forming on the stone floor immediately upon contact and the ceiling where she was in exploded outwards.

“God damn” said Kiba whistling.

“That punch is scary” grumbled Jiraiya.

“Each of her punches can end a life in an instant” said Inoichi.

“Go for it, Sakura-chan” said Naruto excited.

“Y-yeah, go for it future me” said Sakura.

“I won’t let you continue to go after my husband and my daughter” declared Sakura as the whole place was falling apart.

“Badass” said Tsume.

“Let the power of youth explode” said Lee.

The scene shifted to Naruto and co as they were running towards Shin’s hideout.

“So, this is Shin Uchiha’s hideout” said Sarada.

“They’re coming” said Sasuke.

Three Shin jr. clones came towards them with three bladed shuriken in their hands.

“Tch, I wanted to see Sakura’s fight” said Kiba.

“The clones huh, they’re going to be troublesome” said Shikamaru.

“Keep my daughter safe Naruto, Sasuke” said Choji.

“Don’t worry Choji, the seventh Hokage is there after all” said Naruto confidently.

“Hn” said Sasuke.

“What? Three of them with the same face” said Cho-Cho shocked.

“These are clones” said Naruto assessing the situation.

“Father’s orders, get rid of the intruders” said one of the clones as they charged towards them.

“So, he knows they are here” said Ten-ten.

“He wanted to draw Sasuke in after all, he was vigilant as expected” said Tenzo.

Naruto quickly created three shadow clones and clashed with the clones. One Naruto clone flung the uchiha kid away but the kid quickly regained balance. He looked annoyed however.

Sarada was having none of it and charged forwards.

“Huh, Sarada” said Cho-Cho worried.

“Too reckless” said Asuma.

A clone noticed her and swiped at her with his weapon but Sarada slid down and evaded the weapon, and marched forwards towards Shin’s hideout.

“Eh” said Cho-Cho.

“Phew” said Sakura relieved.

“She really has good movements considering she isn’t even a shinobi yet” said Choza.

“Indeed” said Hiruzen.

“Hn, she is an uchiha. It’s to be expected” said Sasuke proudly.

“I’m sorry seventh. I’m gonna rescue mom” said Sarada looking back.

“Damn it. Sasuke, go with her. Let me handle these guys” said the original Naruto and stopped to handle the enemies. Sasuke charged forwards.

“Okay, some father daughter team up” said Jiraiya.

“Huh, then what about me?” asked Cho-Cho worried about the number of enemies surrounding them.

Naruto however quickly came beside her.

“Didn’t I tell you? I’ll protect you” said Naruto coolly.

Cho-Cho blushed.

Hinata in the present time blushed as well.

“Showing that rizz huh Naruto” said Ino teasingly.

“Can’t believe it’s the same dork” said Kiba

“Don’t let your guard down like last time future Hokage” said Jiraiya.

“Hey, it’s easy as pie. Just enjoy the show” said Naruto while stuffing his mouth full of popcorn brought by Tenzo.

“First let’s immobilize them…” said Naruto readying his chakra hands. But he was stopped however as many clones started swarming around them.

“Too many clones” said Shikaku.

“Each with the mangekyo as well” said Sandaime.

“Tch, using those same eyes as him. And on a massive scale like this. They were prepared for us well” said Sasuke annoyed.

“Well, he was preparing for who knows how many years” said Kakashi.

“Look on the bright side, without amassing an army like this, he couldn’t come close to think about taking me down” said Naruto.

“You mean me dobe. He was preparing for me” said Sasuke.

“Whatever teme” said Naruto annoyed, losing the argument.

“Dobe” said Sasuke smirking.

“Do these guys make everything into a competition?” whispered Ino to Sakura.

Sakura sighed.

“I don’t even have the energy to punch Naruto anymore” said Sakura.

“Why don’t you the punch the uchiha as well, he isn’t backing down as well” asked Ten-ten.

“Are you crazy?” asked both Sakura and Ino, looking horrified.

“How can you even think about committing such a crime?” asked Sakura.

‘Fangirls’ thought Ten-ten.

“Creepy, just how many are there?” asked Cho-Cho looking grossed out.

“Father’s orders!! Ged rid…of the…intruders” said Shin.

“Ged rid…of the…intruders” repeated the clones all in sync.

“Creepy” said Ino.

“They’ve all been brainwashed by Shin” said Shikamaru.

“Damn that Shin…” said Naruto.

“What are you doing lord seventh? Aren’t they the enemy, we should just take them down!!” said Cho-Cho.

“They might be kids, but they are dangerous. Hesitating will only lead to demise” said Hiashi.

“They are just kids who don’t know any better. If I can’t save some brats from evil bastards like Shin, then how can I call myself Hokage” said Naruto.

“Such naivete, it’s their fate to be used by Shin. You can’t change the way they’ve been raised” said Neji.

“That’s just called being a coward” retorted Naruto.

“No, I can’t do that. Be they clone or whatever, they called Shin ‘Father’. A parent should never do something like this to their child” said Naruto determined.

‘N-Naruto-kun would b-be a great father’ thought Hinata, blushing at that thought.

“Wow, I respect it man” said Kiba.

Ten-ten appreciated the sentient Naruto had towards the clones.

“That’s a difficult path you’re pursuing Naruto-kun” said Hiruzen.

“Naivety like that would get you killed boy” said Shikaku.

“Whatever, these guys believe they are nothing more than tools for their ‘father’. Just like most of the village thinks of me at best. Like hell, I would let someone else suffer like that” said Naruto.

Everyone was silent at that.

“Now Naruto, that’s not true. You are seen for who you are by the people here” said Sandaime.

“Yeah pal, you ain’t no weapon or monster. You are our buddy” said Kiba.

“Yeah Naruto. You might be annoying but you are our friend” said Sakura.

“Definitely” said Ino.

“Don’t think otherwise” said Shikamaru.

“Hn” said Sasuke.

All of the adults were happy at this new development.

Naruto looked touched by their words.

“…Thanks guys, but that’s all the reason why I can’t kill these kids, not now not in the future. They are not the bad guys, the one who needs to go is Shin” said Naruto determined.

“I see you haven’t lost your flames of youth in the future as well Naruto” said Gai approvingly.

“Indeed, I shall strive to be a shinobi like you as well” said Lee.

‘The child of prophecy huh, after Minato’s demise I stopped believing in that crap, but perhaps he can be the one to fulfil my dreams’ thought Jiraiya.

The screen shifted to the pillar where Sakura was, she was seen running on the pillar extremely fast with two kunai in each hand, she clashed with Shin who flipped over her.

Everyone intently watched the fight.

“Be careful Sakura, Shin wouldn’t let you punch him even once if he can help it” said Kakashi.

Sakura threw one of her kunai at him but Shin deflected it with his weaponized hand. He then proceeded to kick her hand away with a spinning kick and flipped over her back and took the kunai she had from her.

Sakura immediately tried to snatch it away from him but he quickly switched hands and tried to stab her head, but Sakura reeled her head back and deflected the strike with a backhand, Shin undeterred tried to stab her again but she ducked.

Shin tried again but this time Sakura grabbed hold of his sharingan hand and immediately put his arm in a lock in front of him and head butted him, which made him let go of the kunai.

Sakura tried to punch him but with the amount of sharingan he had giving him the advantage in taijutsu, unsurprising to anyone he dodged, another attempt with her left hand, however Shin grabbed hold of her arm and moved it beside him. Sakura undeterred tried to punch him again twice but Shin easily swayed his head round the strikes and elbowed her chin.

Like a professional, Shin capitalized the chance he had and flipped her over to punch her in the stomach midair. Sakura was sent flying away but she quickly regained her balance.

It was to be mentioned that the amazing taijutsu sequence between the two of them happened in the span of 12 seconds. The Konoha 12 couldn’t see anything but blurs of movement. Even Neji, Sasuke with their ocular abilities active could barely understand what was happening, and only Lee was able to follow up on everything due to his own taijutsu proficiency, albeit barely.

“What the fuck just happened?” asked Ino unable to process anything.

“Holy shit, Sakura-chan you are amazing” said Naruto mesmerized.

“Yo, I couldn’t even take a breath man, just to follow up on their movements. Insane” said Kiba impressed.

“I-I didn’t even know I could move that fast someday” said Sakura surprised.

“What a drag, she couldn’t land a punch however. He managed to dodge all of the strikes” said Shikamaru.

“We will need more food if we get to see more fights like this” said Choji already finished with the popcorns and opening the chips that was brought by Tenzo.

‘More work for me’ thought Tenzo sighing.

‘I could barely follow up on their movements even with my sharingan active. Just how strong did she become to be able to keep up with someone who is able to effectively use that many sharingan’ thought Sasuke impressed.

“Damn, Shin has the advantage now” said Kakashi.

“Indeed, with his mangekyo abilities, long range suits him better” said Hiashi.

“Impressive movements by that Shin fellow, he clearly had the upper hand on the taijutsu fight” said Gai.

“Well, he had to, if even one of the punches hit he would have been packed up” said Jiraiya.

“Not gonna lie, I could properly keep up with their speed with ease. But they would have packed me up with that level of taijutsu” said Tsume begrudgingly.

“I don’t think anyone other than Jiraiya-sama, Sandaime-sama, Kakashi-san, Hiashi-sama and Gai-san could do be honest” said Shikaku.

“Indeed, it seems the future is safe with kunoichi with such potential like you” said Hiruzen.

Sakura blushed at the praise.

‘I only expected her to balance out any conflict between Naruto-kun and Sasuke-kun. But to think she has the potential to grow that much…perhaps I should tell Kakashi to focus more on her alongside Sasuke-kun as well after the viewing is over. With that chakra control, neither fuinjutsu nor genjutsu is going to be much trouble for her’ thought Hiruzen.

Shin immediately used his mangekyo abilities and suddenly the pillar started to collapse below Sakura. Red and blue pipes which was the base of those pillars started rising up from below her, and like a snake started attacking her.

However, Sakura was quick to run away, but Shin immediately gave chase after her, sliding on the pipes and jumping from remains of the collapsing pillar, as Sakura was running towards the portion of the pillar which was still not broken while dodging the incoming attacks from projectiles and pipes controlled by Shin.

“What the hell? He marked the whole place with his jutsu. That’s insane” said Kiba.

“Sakura-chan, no. Run faster. You can’t let him get to you” said Naruto panicking.

“Y-yeah” said Sakura worried herself.

“Just one technique, and he knows how to use it well to make it deadly. He is a crafty one” said Kakashi.

“This won’t be easy even for her” said Asuma.

‘Is this why Itachi is after the mangekyo I might awaken. To make himself stronger’ thought Sasuke.

“Just use your seal damnit, it might shorten your lifespan but with that you can destroy him with ease without the risk of dying” said Jiraiya irritated.

“Hey, I don’t even know what seal you are even talking about. Tell that to the future me” said Sakura.

“It is his base after all. No shinobi worth his salt wouldn’t place traps on their home. Perhaps that’s also why he is luring Naruto-san and Uchiha-san there as well” said Shino.

“That’s a no brainer. He also has his clones to cover for him if needed” said Shikamaru.

“B-be safe S-Sakura-san” said Hinata.

Shin made a large shuriken out of the projectiles he has and threw it towards Sakura who immediately jumped behind a pillar for a cover, but the shuriken easily sliced through it and followed after Sakura who continued to jump from pillar to pillar showing insane agility.

As the shuriken continued to slice through pillars, it sliced a massive pillar which started falling away from the collapsing pillar. Sakura who had already planned to use the shuriken to her advantage had already balanced herself on the falling pillar.

“Good idea Sakura, using the enemy’s attack to your own advantage. Well done” said Kakashi eye-smiling.

Shin had an evil smile on his face and jumped towards the pillar to catch Sakura who had already expected it.

“SHANNARO” shouted Sakura and launched the pillar at Shin who got struck by the pillar. Shin had already assumed a defensive kata to defend himself from the incoming projectile, however he still had to let out a groan of pain due to the force behind the attack.

“Holy moly, you threw the fucking pillar at him” said Ino shocked.

“Wow” said Sakura herself.

“Damn that was awesome” said Choji.

“As insane as Tsunade. As expected of hime’s miniature version” said Jiraiya.

“However, I highly doubt that would be enough to deal with a shinobi of his prowess” said Neji.

Seconds later Neji was proven correct as Shin burst of the pillar and started running on it to catch up to the falling Sakura who was completely defenceless without any footing.

“Damn it, she can’t escape that bastard no matter what she tries” said Lee.

“Where are you Sasuke? Hurry up and get to Sakura-chan” shouted Naruto at present Sasuke who was nervous himself.

‘Damn it, hurry up future me’ thought Sasuke.

‘Now would be a good time to use the seal’ thought Sandaime.

“That won’t be necessary. She has entrapped him” said Hiashi with his byakugan on.

As Shin ran on the pillar, he didn’t notice the paper bomb that was attached to the pillar until it started glowing. The pillar exploded in yellow and blue flames and engulfed Shin completely.

“Classic paper bomb” said Kakashi.

“Now that never fails to take one by surprise” said Choza happily.

Most of the Konoha 12 cheered happily.

“HELL YEAH SAKURA-CHAN, YOU ARE AWESOME” said Naruto.

“Impressive” admitted Shino.

“Hn, well done” said Sasuke approvingly.

“When did you even place the tag?” asked Ino surprisingly.

“I did have plenty of opportunities to do so” said Sakura relieved.

“Don’t let your guard down so easy, he still might be alive” said Shikamaru.

“Oh come on, don’t be a spoil sport” said Ino.

“Shikamaru is right, he could have defended himself in the last minute, his ocular jutsu allows him to do so” said Asuma.

“That’s true” said Tenten.

“Ugh, damn it” said Kiba.

Sakura smiled smugly as her plan worked successfully.

However, using the smoke as cover, Shin threw many small projectiles at her, Sakura put up a defensive kata, but as she was completely defenceless in air, she was struck down by some as she fell in the red river. Even still the projectiles followed her underwater.

“Oh, come on. Why doesn’t he die already” said Naruto irritated.

“Told you so, what a drag” said Shikamaru.

All of the party present tensed up as the tables turned towards Shin’s favour.

“What is that red sea though? Blood” said Ten-ten.

“That’s disgusting” said Ino.

Even Choji seemed to lose his appetite at that implication.

“Damn it Sakura, now he can immobilize you” said Sasuke, even he couldn’t keep his emotions straight at this predicament.

“I-I know, what do I do?” asked Sakura worriedly.

“Let’s just watch on, I’m sure you can deal with it. You have grown stronger Sakura” reassured Kakashi. Although veterans could see that he was worried.

“Just use the seal and fuck this guy up. Damn it, why is the future you as stubborn as hime” said Jiraiya.

“Jiraiya calm yourself, the future Sakura can’t hear you” said Sandaime sighing.

“I know” said Jiraiya.

“Let’s watch and get this over with. We have to trust her” said Inoichi.

The scene shifted to Sarada who was running down the cave.

‘Mom, I swear I’ll save you’ thought Sarada determined.

In her hurry however, she missed the booby trap she had activated. The ground exploded from behind her as a bladed knife with chains attacked her.

Sarada looked surprised, ‘A trap’.

“Of course, there has to be a trap” said Kiba grumbling.

“No, no. Not Sarada…” said Sakura panicking.

“Damn it, if that hurts her, I swear I will hunt him down to the ends of hell itself” said Sasuke angrily.

“You shouldn’t have brought a child in such a dangerous mission in the first place” said Shibi quietly.

“She would have followed regardless, she is a stubborn one after all” said Tsume.

However, before could be injured, the knife was engulfed in black flames which burned the trap out of existence.

Sarada looked surprised by the change of events and looked forward to see Sasuke standing in front of her.

“Dad” said Sarada surprised as Sasuke simply walked in front of her.

“Thank god Sasuke-kun” said Sakura relieved.

“W-What was that? What kind of technique was that teme?” asked Naruto surprised by the black flames.

“How would I know?” asked Sasuke nonchalantly. Although Sasuke himself looked intrigued by this technique.

“The kunai got erased to the point even not even ashes remain” said Neji.

“That was a cool move, as expected of Sasuke-kun” said Ino.

“Black flames, I haven’t seen a move like that” said Asuma shocked.

“That does seem very powerful” said Inoichi.

“Do you have any idea about that technique old man?” asked Jiraiya.

“I have no clue myself” said Sandaime looking just as intrigued as others.

‘A technique that even the god of shinobi has no idea about, it could be Sasuke’s original technique’ thought Kakashi.

“What’s the matter? Let’s go” said Sasuke coolly and started walking forward. Sarada glared at Sasuke but didn’t protest and followed behind him.

“Captain cool can’t even bother to see whether she is injured or not” said Tenten.

“Not cool man” said Choji.

“Sakura might be in danger as we have just seen. I don’t have the time to bother with every little thing” said Sasuke actually defending his future self’s actions.

“Kid’s a got a good point” said Asuma.

“Indeed, although it doesn’t cost much to be a bit gentler” said Kurenai.

Sasuke didn’t reply.

The scene shifted to Sakura, bladed projectiles formed like a serpentine creature tried to attack her from underwater. Sakura was running on water to avoid them, she noticed that 2 projectiles stuck in her arm was twitching to cause her as much pain as possible.

“So that’s how he incapacitates you huh, I guess if he manages to get 5-6 projectiles stuck in each part of your body and squirms them around, no one could move properly” said Kakashi.

“So that’s how he got future Sasuke earlier. We suspected that already, but it’s good to know” said Inoichi.

“You’re doing to good to ignore the pain and charge forward” said Sandaime.

“Um, thanks Hokage-sama, I can’t imagine myself to be able to do that now” said Sakura.

“It’s surprising that only 2 projectiles hit you in that onslaught. Impressive that you were able to block most of them mid-air without any weapons” said Shino.

As the blades charged at Sakura, she avoided them by jumping to the side and flipping around as she looked straight at Shin who was standing in a platform.

“You still have a chance to land a punch” said Shikamaru.

Shin however disagreed, and suddenly all of the eyes in his disposal started twitching violently.

The blades dug in Sakura’s shoulders started violently, and the vibration which resonated throughout Sakura’s entire body stopped her from moving completely.

Sakura let out a shout of pain and fell down and clutched her arm. The blades started digging deeper into Sakura’s arm forcefully.

“OH NO” shouted Naruto in alarm.

“He focused all of his mangekyo prowess from most of his eyes to compensate for the lack of marked blades in the girl’s body to stop her” said Hiashi.

“Such precise control of his technique” said Kurenai impressed.

“Damn it, how can literally one technique be this overpowered” said Kiba.

“He uses the one jutsu in his repertoire in very versatile ways” said Shino.

The present Sakura herself clutched her arm as she looked in the screen in alarm.

“Hurry up Sasuke” said Naruto worried.

“I know damnit, I can’t control the future” said Sasuke.

Kakashi enveloped the group in a hug to console them.

“Relax, this is the future. This is not happening now, we can easily change it” said Kakashi.

“No one escapes my sharingan” said Shin smugly as the blades transformed into a large shuriken and charged towards Sakura who was immobilized. She gritted her teeth helplessly as she faced certain death.

“No Sakura-chan/forehead girl” shouted out Naruto and Ino simultaneously.

Sasuke released a wave of bloodlust over the room in anger.

“Damn it” said Kiba frustrated at the situation.

Sakura was speechless and looked at the screen horrified at her incoming death.

“Not yet, use the seal before it’s too late. Stop holding back damnit” said Jiraiya angrily.

This time not even the Sandaime bothered to calm his disciple down and looked at the paused screen. Before anyone else could say anything he quickly pressed play mentally.

‘Use that jutsu young Sakura, before it’s too late. Even an opponent of this calibre is nothing in front of your true power’ thought Sandaime agreeing with Jiraiya mentally.

Before the projectile could reach Sakura however, it was struck down by a massive purple energy in the form of an arrow, the shuriken dissolved into their original form.

“Phew” said Naruto releasing his breath.

Sakura was about to collapse on the ground as all the tension was released from her body, however Sasuke caught her.

Surprised by the action Sakura looked at him, however, Sasuke had his face on the screen, not bothering to look at Sakura.

“What is that? Such massive energy. Can ninjutsu even do that” said Tenten shocked.

“Thank god” said Ino quietly.

“If you don’t mind me asking Hokage-sama, what is this seal that you guys are talking about?” asked Shikamaru.

“Why should we give away Tsunade’s abilities to you brat?” asked Jiraiya.

“As we continue the viewing, you will see a part of it yourself young Shikamaru” said Hiruzen smiling.

“I see, thank you Hokage-sama” said Shikamaru politely.

‘So lady Tsunade will play an important part later as we move back to the previous timeline. Is that when she becomes Hokage, does that mean Sandaime-sama retires?’ thought Shikamaru.

“Do you know anything about it Tenten?” asked Neji.

“…From my research, I assume that the seal is the major reason why Tsunade-sama is called the greatest medic ninja in our time” said Tenten.

“Hmph, not just medical ninjutsu, that seal releases all chakra one has stored and temporarily grants inhuman prowess to the user to say the least. That uchiha wannabe would have been toast if your future self decided to use that girlie” said Jiraiya.

‘You just gave away her abilities though’ thought Shikamaru sweat dropping.

“Really?” asked Sakura surprised.

“It was surprising for us to see that you have mastered such a technique in the future” admitted Kurenai.

“Indeed, not even your senior, Shizune could master it” said Sandaime.

“Sakura-chan, you are amazing” said Naruto with a thumbs up.

‘That was not even her full power, did Sakura really become that amazing in the future’ thought Sasuke surprised.

“Hmph, whatever, I will still be stronger than you” said Ino.

Immediately, Sakura was in her bitchy mood. As if she had forgotten all modesty she cursed at her rival.

“Keep dreaming bimbo” said Sakura sticking her tongue out at her.

“What did you call me?” shouted Ino in anger.

‘Not again’ thought everyone in the room sighing.

All respect and admiration towards Sakura was immediately forgotten.

Shin quickly jumped back towards a pillar, however towering in front of him was Sasuke’s Susanoo, before Shin could completely evade the massive creature, Sasuke’s Susanoo had already struck at him with a sword made of purple energy.

“GOD DAMN” shouted Kiba excited.

“So that’s your full power” said Kakashi.

“Hmph, whatever. My chakra mode is still cooler” said Naruto not admitting that he was jealous.

“Hn, that seems useful” said Sasuke with a smirk.

“Far beyond kage level” said Inoichi.

“Both of them are extremely powerful” said Choza.

Hiruzen laughed.

“Their power does remind me of the old days when the first was alive” said the Hokage.

‘In the end I still can’t catch up to them huh’ thought Sakura sadly.

Sarada was running towards the scene herself and she noticed Sakura, who was hobbling towards her clutching her arm.

“Mom” shouted Sarada and ran towards her just as Sakura kneeled on the ground.

Sarada’s voice cracked due to worry, “Mom, you’re hurt” said Sarada as she stopped in front of her mom.

“Oof” said Kiba wincing.

“It will be okay, she doesn’t have any life-threatening injuries, I assume it’s her fatigue from being sick and the projectiles stuck on her hand” said Shino.

“We know that, don’t state the obvious” said Kiba irritated.

Sasuke immediately came forward and pulled out the projectiles from Sakura’s hand. The screen zoomed towards Sasuke’s eternal mangekyo sharingan.

“Tch” said Sasuke, clicking his tongue. He still didn’t feel comfortable with having the same eyes as his brother.

‘Who…who did I have to kill to gain the mangekyo? How could I be the same as him, is that the only way….to beat him. Is my talent not enough?’ thought Sasuke as he slowly let his inner inferiority complex take control.

“Amaterasu” said Sasuke, and the projectiles were lit in black flames as they slowly burned away, not even ashes remained of its existence.

“Oh, so that’s what it called” said Jiraiya, intrigued.

“Hmm, I can’t analyse it with my sharingan, must be an ocular jutsu then. Safe to say it’s your mangekyo ability then” said Kakashi.

“Hn” said Sasuke, interested.

“Pretty handy ability to have, black flames that disintegrate anything it touches huh” said Asuma.

“Very powerful, Sasuke-kun” said Hiruzen complementing the boy’s prowess.

“Che, not that impressive dattebayo” said Naruto annoyed with the attention his rival was getting.

“You can heal your wounds yourself, right?” asked Sasuke in a somewhat…subdued tone.

Sakura looked as if she was a teenager again, averting her eyes from her man.

“Yes…thanks, dear” said Sakura softly.

Sarada smiled at the exchange.

“Aww, so you do care huh” said Tenten.

“Good to see your youth is not completely lost” said Lee giving Sasuke a thumbs up.

Sasuke looked a bit uncomfortable with the display of affection his future self was showing… it wasn’t close to one, but that’s all you could expect out of an Uchiha.

Naruto looked annoyed, so did Ino… actually Ino looked annoyed and happy at the same time, just Ino things.

Sakura blushed and looked at the scene with dreamy eyes.

“It seems the girl is coming around her parents, despite knowing the truth” said Kurenai.

A groan from Shin pulled the group back to reality. Shin had one of his legs cut off due to the previous onslaught. Sasuke turned around and his trademark frown was back.

He unsheathed his katana.

“With that leg, you shouldn’t be able to move anymore” said Sasuke and started walking towards the injured man.

“We’ll be examining you thoroughly back at the leaf” said Sasuke intending to finish him off.

“This is it then” said Choza.

“Just finish the bastard off, he is too crafty. Who knows what he will pull again” said Tsume growling.

“Agreed, he learnt from Orochimaru after all” said Tenzo.

Sasuke stood in front of the crouched Shin, however a child Shin stood protectively in front of him.

“That boy” said Sakura shocked.

“Oh come on. Teme don’t kill the child” said Naruto.

“Hmph, he is still protecting an enemy, I probably won’t endanger anyone due to such naivety, even in the future” said Sasuke.

‘Are you capable of killing a child in front of your child though’ thought Hiruzen solemnly, his wisdom letting him see the way things might play out.

“It’s one thing after another” said Tsume annoyed.

“Move, I have no qualms with you” said Sasuke coldly.

“I will not move, I will protect father” said child Shin determinedly.

‘I’m not as soft as Naruto” said Sasuke as he readied his sword.

“Heh, even in the future you don’t skip a chance to shit on him huh” said Choji.

‘That’s probably a complement, I wouldn’t want anything troublesome here though, it’s better to not say anything’ thought Shikamaru.

Sarada watched on in shock as Sasuke raised his sword fully intending to kill the child in front of him.

Stains of tears appeared in front of her eyes.

“In front of your own daughter huh” said Tenten disappointed.

“I can’t watch this” said Ino and turned her face away.

Choji, Kiba, Sakura, Lee, Hinata and even Naruto were a bit green under their ears.

“That’s cold hearted, but I agree on not risking anything” said Jiraiya.

“Indeed, this is a very logical decision” said Shibi.

“Naivety would get a shinobi killed” said Hiashi approving of the future Uchiha’s decision.

“… I don’t like it though” mumbled Naruto.

As Sasuke brought down his sword to behead the child, clone Shin closed his eyes in fear.

“Stop it, dad” shouted Sarada, unable to handle such cruelty.

 Sasuke stopped! His katana was stopped just near the child’s neck.

Many of the Konoha 12 let out a sigh of relief.

“I guess you are a parent after all” said Tenten.

‘I was right!’ thought Sandaime.

However blood started pouring out of the child’s mouth. He started vomiting out blood, Sasuke groaned in pain and dropped his katana.

The elder Shin smirked and the scene shifted to show the full picture. The elder Shin had stabbed Sasuke at his chest through the clone using his artificial arm.

“Sasuke-kun” shouted Sakura and ran forward to help her husband. Both the child Shin and Sasuke fell to the ground, injured.

“SHIT” shouted Naruto.

“No… no, not Sasuke-kun” said Sakura horrified.

“God damn it, it’s one thing after another with this guy” said Kakashi frustrated.

“I did say showing mercy in this situation would be fatal” said Hiashi.

“I can’t blame the kid, but shit” said Jiraiya.

“This is bad” said Kiba.

“That’s not his heart but, it’s still fatal if he doesn’t treat his wound quickly” said Shikamaru.

“All of them are wounded, but with this Shin has the advantage, he has even stopped his bleeding somehow from his missing leg” said Shikaku.

“I… damn it” said Sasuke punching the ground.

‘Both Sakura and Sarada are in danger, what are you doing?’ thought Sasuke berating his future self.

Kakashi patted Sasuke’s head.

“It’s going to be fine, you will get through it” said Kakashi reassuringly.

“Hurry up, me. I am the Hokage, can’t let teme die” said Naruto clenching his fists.

“Eh” said Sarada shocked, unable to process the sudden change in situation.

Sakura was forced to stop as projectiles floated around both the female Uchihas.

Shin laughed and stood up. Sasuke was kneeling down on one leg, clutching his injured chest, and he looked on in shock to see that Shin had made a leg of projectiles in such a short amount of time to replace the leg he had lost.

“The tables have turned…” said Shin.

“How can he do that in such short period of time?” said Asuma shocked.

“His skill is indeed fascinating” said Hiruzen.

“I guess even the small advantage they gained is no longer there” said Shikaku grimly.

“Come one, you guys are the top Shinobi of the village. Don’t be defeated without making it difficult for that bastard” said Jiraiya.

“His chakra control is immaculate” said Kurenai begrudgingly.

“You have to give it to the guy, he uses just one technique extremely well” said Shikamaru.

“That’s a versatile technique in general” said Neji.

‘S-Sakura-san, S-Sasuke-san, please get through this’ thought Hinata silently praying for them.

“Do something, use the seal or whatever. Please protect them future me, you’re a healer” said Sakura, begging desperately.

‘Please don’t be a burden even in the future’ thought Sakura.

She couldn’t do anything in the land of waves, even in the chunin exams all she did was save Naruto once. Even Naruto was so much better than her, all she wanted was to impress Sasuke, that’s why she became a Shinobi, but now Sakura knew, this is not a game.

She wanted to catch up to them, she wanted to protect her friends too.

If they were so beyond her talents, then at least she didn’t want to be a burden for them.

What use were her powers, if she couldn’t protect the most important people in her life.

“As expected, you are all weak. It’s because worthless parental feelings have oppressed you… that’s why everything’s turned out this way” said Shin smugly.

Sasuke simply glared hatefully at the man.

“You were getting whooped by him, hell you got one shot. What do you mean he’s weak?” said Kiba howling.

“I can see his point, indeed if his daughter was not there, Sasuke-san might not have hesitated. Regardless, emotions aren’t something to be thrown away simply because of that” said Shino.

“You say some good stuff kid, indeed… Shinobi are human too” said Jiraiya.

“Even so, against such a powerful adversary, he should have been careful. Even in the previous fight against Naruto, he managed to get the upper hand because they were used to the peaceful era” said Hiashi.

Sasuke scowled, but he didn’t comment and watched the screen intently. Kakashi could see that he was tense, however.

Naruto however did retort.

“Hey, he didn’t get any upper hand against me, freaky-eyed old man. Remember how easily I healed up” said Naruto.

“Freaky-eye… why you foul-mouthed brat” said Hiashi angrily, a tick mark appeared in his head.

Tsume let out a snort.

“Focus here everyone” commanded the present Hokage.

“Dear” said Sakura again clutching her injured arm, running towards her husband to provide back up.

However she was forced to halt as some projectiles dropped just in front of her.

“Don’t move, you cannot escape my Sharingan” said Shin.

“You are a disgrace to the Uchihas, I will carry out Itachi’s will and revive the Akatsuki” said Shin.

“Damn bastard, how dare a fake like you call me a disgrace” said Sasuke angrily, punching the ground in frustration.

“Don’t worry Sasuke-kun, we know who the real imposter is” said Ino trying to cheer him up.

Sasuke didn’t care though.

“This guy is obsessed with Itachi huh, makes you wonder what Itachi’s will was” said Tenzo.

“Who can say, even back then, Itachi was impossible to read” said Kakashi.

‘There is no way Itachi entrusted anything to a psycho with an Identity crisis, I assume Orochimaru is still in charge of this man, and I doubt Itachi had anything to do with him… although considering what Jiraiya found out about Orochimaru joining the Akatsuki at one point, Itachi, did you leave anything to someone like him. Did the burden break you finally’ thought Hiruzen sombrely.

Sarada was looking from the back nervous about the situation.

“It’s okay, Sarada” said Sakura reassuring her as Sarada turned towards her.

“Something like this isn’t enough to defeat your dad” said Sakura.

“Aye, the trust” said Asuma.

“Indeed, we believe in you Uchiha, at least in your future’s strength. You will pull through this” said Kurenai, willing to trust in Sasuke.

“Hm, I better” said Sasuke.

Sakura was looking at the screen with clasped hands.

“Tch, come on traitor. Take this annoying bastard down already” said Kiba.

‘So you finally feel like rooting for him huh’ thought Tsume smiling.

‘Don’t fully forgive him though, that’s what the Sandaime is expecting off you I assume. Someone to constantly remind him of what he will gain to lose if he betrays us this time. Someone other than his team’ thought Tsume.

“Trust us… Your dad and I will protect you, no matter what” said Sakura smiling back at her daughter.

“Indeed you will Sakura, we believe you” said Kakashi.

“Yeah Sakura-chan, go for it” said Naruto throwing his fist up the air.

“Come on girl, show him what it means to be the slug princess’s disciple” said Tenten.

“Y-yeah” said Sakura, nodding hesitantly.

Sasuke glanced back at her, Sakura nodded and started running backwards.

“Alright, the no glance signal. Let’s see what you are cooking” said Jiraiya.

“It’s useless switching places… I will impale the three of you, together as family” said Shin.

“He is ready for the substitution, as expected he catches on quick” said Shikaku.

“Indeed, if he has all three of them at gun point then switching would be useless” said Inoichi.

“Hopefully, the two of them have something better planned, if not, things will not end up well” said Shibi.0

“Come on, show us your youthful strategy” said Lee.

Shin sent the hovering projectiles flying towards Sakura and Sarada let out a worried squeal. However, right at that moment, Sasuke switched places with the flying weapons, the weapons traded places with Sakura and landed in the ground, which meant the only point left was where Sasuke previously was, and that’s where Sakura was transported to.

“THE WEAPONS, YOSH THAT’S BRILLIANT” said Gai.

“Oh, you could do that too huh” said Shikamaru.

“What, what happened?” asked Choji.

“I don’t get it” said Naruto.

“Sasuke made the weapons, Sakura and himself the focal points, and switched the locations in a way that would benefit them” said Kakashi.

“In other words, Sasuke is back to safety, the weapons are neutralized” said Asuma.

“And Sakura is right in Shin’s face” said Kurenai.

“Brilliant space time manipulation” said Hiruzen complimenting Sasuke.

“Hn” grunted Sasuke basking in the praise with a praise.

‘Finish it, Sakura’ thought Sasuke.

Shin was surprised, clearly outmanoeuvred. Sakura was right below his neck, she slammed her right fist in his face, the shockwave from the punch sent him flying and Shin fell right in the ground, laid flat on his back, his prosthetic arm and leg scattered due to him being unable to maintain his focus.

Shin grunted and writhed in pain, before finally relenting.

“LET’S GO” said Naruto cheering.

“ONE PUNCH AGAIN” shouted out Kiba.

“I… I did it” said Sakura shocked.

“Of course you did girl. You rocked. I will give this round to you” said Ino happy for her rival, even if her outlandish strength did annoy her.

“Well done Sakura” said Kakashi eye smiling.

“Well, I guess she didn’t need the seal, after all” said Jiraiya.

“It might not be over yet, the number of times he managed to sneak away is ridiculous, we shouldn’t let our guard so soon” said Hiashi.

“He is Orochimaru’s subject after all” said Tenzo,.

“You are too uptight, you old coot. Let them have this moment” said Tsume shaking her head.

“Hn, not bad” said Sasuke nodded at her.

‘I guess being in a team with her… is not as fruitless as I thought.

“You said a parent’s love is worthless… but I don’t agree. Never underestimate a parent” said Sakura as she fell to the ground.

“Mom” shouted Sarada.

“Talk to him girl” said Tenten happily.

“Sticking up for your man huh” said Asuma teasingly.

“Is she fine though, she fell flat on her back?” asked Lee.

“Yes Lee, I assume her fatigue finally caught up to her” said Gai.

“Indeed, she should be resting in the hospital considering how overworked she was, and here she is fighting an S-ranked shinobi, it’s a miracle that you lasted this long” said Shino.

“It’s no miracle, it’s stubbornness. I guess she inherited it from her master” said Jiraiya.

“That’s what I like to see” said Naruto.

‘I did it, I protected them… I guess I can do it too, I can be useful to them’ thought Sakura, almost teary-eyed.

“I’m just glad I was able to contribute something to you guys” said Sakura with a smile on her face that even Sasuke found beautiful.

It looked like Sakura had managed to resolve something she was burdened with for some time.

Kakashi head patted his cute little genin as Sasuke just grunted, Naruto of course grinned cheerfully and gave her a thumbs up.

“This is exhausting. The back and forth tired me out” said Shikamaru laying down on the floor.

“Shika, don’t grumble. The situation is not resolved yet” said Ino chastising her lazy teammate.

“The food is finished too” said Choji.

“That’s indeed a necessity” said Choza.

“Can we just get this over with and return to the future that is actually in front of us” said Neji.

“Well, we can take a short break. Meanwhile, Tenzo can get us some food” said Sarutobi.

Tenzo resisted the urge to sigh.

‘Do I not need rest?’ thought Tenzo inwardly, cursing his commander.

“Indeed sir, I will be back as fast as possible,” said Tenzo and shunshined away.

‘Poor guy’ thought Asuma, his heart went out to the stranger.

Well, he appreciated the time he got and excused himself to have a smoke, ignoring the disapproving stare from Kurenai.


Also, if you want to hang out, chill and talk to the fandom of TSTF, to see the future series, please do consider joining the discord server.

https://discord.gg/avUnezfr

I would appreciate interacting with you guys, also maybe you people being there will motivate me to be consistent lol. You can even annoy me by reminding me to post the new chapters quickly 😉. Do join the server, looking forward to seeing you.

Ja ne.

2