Chapter 12: Preparing For War
299 0 1
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.
Announcement

A new chapter
Make sure to join the discord to get all the latest updates
https://discord.gg/vaGGTw8v67

Skipia

Prince Leonel marched into the throne room, two men at his back. He had been summoned by his father - the King of Skipia, likely due to the failed mission to attack that city. He had underestimated them, and he had paid the price. Over 25,000 men were dead or missing, the General and many other competent commanders among their number. And of the 5000 remaining, the vast majority were bedridden with severe injuries. The only solace was that his brother had lost the 20 wyverns that he had sent with Leonel's men, likely only to report back on his movements. Ten had been killed in the initial battle, and ten more were killed returning to his brother's stronghold in the north - Rhodon.

"Leonel", his father addressed him, snapping him out of his thoughts. "What made you think you could take 3 battalions to attack some city without consulting me? And even worse, you lost miserably, with over 90% of your force killed, captured or seriously injured and the loss of General Berry and 2 of his Colonels."

"Fath-" he tried to say.

"Let me finish," he said sternly, painting eye contact with Leonel. "Not only did you disobey me, and weaken this nation's strength as a result, but you also have allowed a foreign scourge on our nation to grow. My spies report that they now have at least quintuple the manpower there than they did before. Not only that, but they also have many of those 'aircraft', similar to those of the Amel Empire, arriving and leaving each day. Now tell me, what do you think they are doing? They are ferrying in supplies for their expansion. They are moving out to establish forward bases, ranging from five to seven kilometres for the smaller ones and 3 large bases each five kilometres from the city."

His father paused momentarily - before continuing, "If you had thought about your actions, we could have avoided this. Your actions have compromised the security of our nation. I am deeply disappointed in your actions, you should have reported this to me, and I would have properly dealt with this. What do you have to say for yourself?"

"I am deeply sorry, Father. My actions were wrong and I have failed you."

King William de Skipia stood up from his throne, "That will do, I suppose. Now we must deal with this properly, you will lead a force to properly dispose of this scourge to wipe away this stain on your honour. You will command the second legion, while the fourth and parts of the first legion will assist you."

"I thank you for your mercy, Father."

The King turned to a man to his right, "General Carter, your men are to report to Prince Leonel."

The General appeared angered at this, but calmly replied, "Of course, My Liege."

Then the King turned to a man to his left, "General Wright, you will provide three battalions to fill the Second Legion's ranks temporarily."

General Dylan Wright was a man of a certain age, but he was certainly deeply loyal to Leonel's father and the country of Skipia. He replied immediately, "Certainly, Your Majesty. I will send my best men to assist the Prince."

"That's excellent." The King turned to Leonel and stared deeply at him as if peering into his soul. "You will not fail again my son, or there will be consequences for you."

"I will not fail you, Father," Leonel bowed before turning to walk out of the lavish hall.

"And Leonel, if you do well in this mission, we can talk about you receiving a city to govern, like your elder brother."

Leonel's smile beamed brighter than before, he would finally be able to outdo his brother. Only one thought went through his mind, 'Just wait Alec, I will bring you to your knees one day. I will be the one to sit on the throne, while you will wallow away in some dipilidated border town. I will be the one to have the last laugh.'

If you spot any mistakes, feel free to let me know in the comments

Please share this book with your friends so that more people see it

Patreon

Sorry for not uploading in a long while.

I've been really busy in real life, but chapters should now be posted more regularly.

The length of chapters may vary more now, as I want to just right until a natural stopping point and not try to force more in.

1