32. Damiano
4 0 0
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

I find myself in Franco's mansion, surrounded by the leaders of the other four families. Spotting them through the window, Franco's frown deepens as he greets the four men emerging from their black cars. Clad in matching black suits, their displeasure is evident. I sigh, stepping away from the window.

It's showtime!

I make my way to the hall where they will arrive, waiting patiently as they approach. Salvatore's brother is the first to enter, his scowl and gritted teeth revealing his true feelings despite his seemingly casual greeting."Who's here? I've been dying to see your damn face."

"Me too, Lucas," I stretch out my hand, and he delivers a hit to my face. Wiping away the blood flowing from my nose, I maintain a serious expression as he holds his gun to my head.

"I will fucking kill you. Wait for it," he declares before putting away his gun. The other men enter.

"Damiano," Leon Lombardini, the boss of Lombardini family, shakes hands with me, frowning at the sight of my bloody nose. His stylish appearance, with blonde hair and black glasses, doesn't impress me. Style alone won't make him a true mafioso; he needs to get his hands bloody for success.

"Leon," I say shortly as he passes me, heading towards Lucas who is seated at the table.

"Got your nose done for free?" Joseph Barone, the Barone family head, smirks. Older than Leon, he's a sly old fox with white strands of hair mixing with black, indicating he's around 50 years old.

"My nose is fine," I express my distrust for this man. The family links between him and Leon make me wonder if they are truly loyal to the commission's rules.

I carefully watch the strings they pull, recently discovering secrets Franco doesn't know. He will be shocked to find out.

"Aren't you a strong boy? I am waiting for the proof of killing Salvatore," Joseph pats my shoulder. I keep a straight face, knowing they should wait until I bring their downfall.

Franco frowns at my bloodied face but maintains composure for the sake of peace.

The last boss arrives, and I have no negative thoughts about him.

"Damiano, make this Commission worthwhile."Frank Castello, a brief man who seems true to his words, shakes my hand without hidden motives. I'm glad he's honest the the most reasonable.

"I hope you will be pleased, Frank," I smile briefly, and he reciprocates.Then he heads to the table after saying condolences for my father .

Franco comes in front of me.

"Boy, you better have strong proof for what you did to Salvatore and for the things stolen from us. I am sorry about the death of your father. I hate that you have to attend to this when you should be burying Marco," he frowns, handing me a handkerchief.

"I will bury Dad tomorrow. First the gang. 'Let the dead bury their own dead' Luke 9:60," I wipe the blood, and Franco frowns.

"Stop citing the Bible for Marco. He will rise from death. Now let's go and keep the peace for the sake of God."

He leaves, and I follow him, hoping for the same. I am sure I will keep it; I prepared everything beforehand.

They all sit, and I start presenting the proofs. After showing them everything stolen and the common killer of all deaths, including Marco's, I call the Red sisters. After heated debates about whether to kill them, they agree that turning against Salvatore was justified.

Glancing at the window, I hope the other invited people aren't here yet. The Red Sisters' discussion was supposed to be exclusive to the Commission.

"Given the proofs and the testimony, I can say I have a reason for killing Salvatore, not to mention he kidnapped Rosa," my voice resonates, and the men frown.

No one says anything, and I guess they can't say anything.

"Now that we all know everything, I want to give you another detail; Miriam Ferrari." I stare at Lucas, who seems uncomfortable.

"How do you have her? I thought she died."

"She got by herself in Armando's truck."

"What are you gonna do to her?" Lucas asks nonchalantly, as if the girl wasn't even from their family tree.

"I want to keep her within the gang as a tribute for everything Salvatore did. She will serve me. Got anything against it ?" I look above all the men, and none of them seem to care about Miriam's fate.

"She is better off dead," Lucas mutters, and I frown. The nerve to say that about his niece is astonishing.

"No. Living is better than being dead. She will be of use."

Silence ensues, and I sit on the chair after sending the Red Sisters away. They are free, and I am glad I got to work with them. The money they paid was from me, but that was far too little for my gratitude for cooperating with me in this situation.

"I think we can wrap this up. We got the proof, we got the money; we got everything done by Damiano. We all saw how well everything was done, so I guess no one has anything to say if I assign him as the next boss." Franco stands up, and everything seems to have gone well.

"He has the qualities to be a boss. I would like to work with him in the future." Frank crosses his arms and eyes me up.

"You sure you want to resign, Franco?" Joseph glances at me while asking Franco.

"I am sure. Damiano can take care of the gang. He is young and has the life ahead of him. I think I will resume being his consigliere."

"I guess it's settled then."Joseph looks around at the men and no one has nothing else to say .

Everyone rises up, and I shake hands with everyone before going into the backyard where a podium was placed. Here are chairs, and it looks honestly like a wedding is taking place. The garden with flowers gave it that vibe.

"Boss, I will go see if our man arrived." Franco nods at me, and I leave the yard, crossing the hall, heading to the parking lot.

The cars arrive, and another one is seen in the distance.

I approach, and they get out of the cars. Guess Emilio got them ready to go pretty fast.

"Boss. Did we come too late?" Emilio comes in front of me, and I frown.

"No. You came at the right time." He breathes, and I glance at the people in the cars. "Get them to the backyard. There will be the ceremony." I pat his shoulder, and he nods.

"Follow Emilio's instructions." I look over Leo and Terry, who are behind Emilio, and I guess I didn't have to say it. Bet they will follow his instructions anyway.

"Yes, boss." Terry smiles, and Leo nods as he turns to tell the other members in the car what they have to do.

I see Amara in the back of Terry's car. The other girls are there. They seem asleep, and I guess the road was too long for them.

My heart stiffens when Amara gets out of the car after Emilio wakes her up brutally. She gazes at me for a second and turns her back, looking at the girls. I inspect her attire, and I think she looks super hot. I frown at the high-heeled boots and then take my leave, moving towards the cars that arrive.

She doesn't want to talk to me, and I don't want to force her. I will let her be free. I smirk, thinking of the bomb I will drop today. She had three days to be free.

"Boss." Nicholas gives me a hug. "Did everything go well?" He seems a little worried.

"Everything is fine."

"Condolences."

"Let that for later …Thanks anyway ." I pat him on the back .

Fiero comes near, and I greet him too. Another car parks before Nicholas', and I take my leave, telling them to go to the backyard.

Rosa, Angelina, Rafaele, Miriam, and Armando get out of the car, and I sigh, looking at the other cars coming.

"Everything went well, I guess." Angelina hugs me, and I nod.

"Told you. You can ask Franco how it went." I smirk, and she frowns.

"Bet you shook them to the core." Rafaele hangs a hand over my shoulder, and I smile.

"You wanted to see Lucas' face. Guess he has to postpone his rampage." I sigh, and Rafaele is chuckling.

"Is that the reason you have a red nose?" He points at my nose.

"Yeah."

"Are you fine?" Rosa inspects my nose closely, and I wave her off.

"I am fine."

"You could have dodged it." Angelina sighs, and I guess she is a little pissed that I let Lucas hit me.

"I let him blow off some steam. That's all he gets." I state after turning to Armando.

"I am going. Armando, take them to the backyard. And, keep close to Miriam."

Today is going to be a long day. Cars are parking as I chat a little more to Rafaele.

After I greet everyone and tell them to go to the backyard, where the ceremony of installment will begin, I get inside along with our last guests, Vincent Gallo and his sister Marlena. The girl was our best hitman, and her red hair exemplifies how big of a red flag she is. I am kidding; she is a reasonable killer, but her skills are indeed a red notice.

The ceremony begins, and Franco declares his retirement. He summons me to the podium, affirming that I will now assume the role of the next leader of the Caruso gang. I don't take much pleasure in this, but I can't deny that I am relieved to finally have the position after enduring all the challenges. Now, I can better protect my family.

I survey the chairs filled with people donned in black and those casually leaning against the wall or standing tall, all fixating their gaze on me. After delivering a brief speech, silence falls over the crowd until I unveil the bombshell.

"Now that I am here, I also want to announce my marriage. Next week, I will have the wedding with my beloved Amara Morelli. I hope all of you will be present." I smile, and everyone remains shocked for a moment. Even Franco is looking at me surprised.

I look directly at Amara, and she doesn't seem fazed. Well, she expected it, I guess. A small smile graces her lips, and I can't discern why she changed her expression. She rises and comes to me, her steps a little wobbly. The people look at her and start to cheer.

I reach out to take her hand, assisting her in stepping onto the two stairs. She grabs my hand, and as she reaches the podium, she gazes at me, her body propping against mine. The smell of wine is unmistakable, and I frown.

"You're drunk?" I whisper, and she giggles shortly, pressing her lips on mine.

0