Chapter 11: Ivory Royal Institute (Part 1)
5.3k 6 103
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

The Ivory Kingdom had a total of one hundred and nine provinces. One hundred and eight provinces belonged to the Noble Houses while the last province, the Royal Province of Ivory, was controlled by the royal household. 

 

The Ivory Royal Institute belonged in the Royal State of Ivory, but was located at the border of the royal province, making it millions of kilometers away from the royal city. The institute was built for the royals, nobles, and talented commoners in the kingdom. 

 

A flying, legion-class warship was speeding toward the royal institute. It had a over a hundred-thousand troops and even had a Deva-level legion commander on board; they were there to escort Princess Jasmine. 

 

Yang Yang put the princess to bed before leaving to his own cabin. Once he returned to his own cabin, he jumped onto his bed and sighed. 

 

“Damn it. I’m too old for school.” As the personal butler of the princess, Yang Yang naturally had to escort her to the royal institute. However, he wanted time to study the Hated Blood Curse. 

 

When it came to developing cures for diseases, the Scion of Life was more qualified than anyone to develop an efficient and effective cure. In fact, with his memories and experience, he was more qualified than his teacher, Chief Doctor Stone. His status as the youngest senior researcher at the Department of Medicine and Health was for him to hide how deep his experience were. It wasn’t too strange as well, as all Life Magic magus in the department had achieved the same status when they were teens. 

 

However, too much attention leads to unforeseen troubles; too much troubles leads to unforeseen death. 

 

Unfortunately, there were two restriction that prevented him from creating such a cure: his magical power and his duty. With his low magical power, he could not study the disease properly without putting himself in immense danger. After all, although he was once an apex magus, his current body had an extremely limited supply of energy. 

 

Theoretically, he could use a sliver of his divine soul to control the  surrounding magical power, but that would result in the complete obliteration of his body. Without a strong body and sufficient magical power, his divine soul would completely let loose and might even result in the destruction of the world. Most importantly, it would attract the Scion of Death’s attention. 

 

As for his duty, he would spend large amounts of time with the princess while studying at the Department of Medicine and Health. His studies and duties would hold him back from cultivating. If it were not for the time constraints, he would be a Manifest Aspect magus by now. 

 

Once he reached Virtual Aspect, he would at least regain some control of his divine soul. 

 

Yang Yang took out a few cultivation resources and began meditating. Two spell circles appeared around the resources and took in their magical power. One was the Blessed Life spell and the other was the Life Drain spell. In a few minutes, the resources were completely spent and Yang Yang’s aura of life intensified.

 

“All magus levels are separated into ten subdivisions. Right now, I’m only a third-step Marker. These resources are only enough to fill me up to the fifth-step. At this rate, it might take me up to a few months before I reach Virtual Aspect.”

 

He shook his head and disabled the Life Drain spell, but kept the Blessed Life spell operating. It generated life force that constantly flowed into him. 

 

......

 

Some times passed, and then the warship reached the border of the royal province. 

 

As they stared from aboard the ship, Yang Yang and Princess Jasmine marveled at the multitudes of complex buildings and beautiful architectures that made up the royal institute, which took up as much land as the Department of Medicine and Health. The constructions radiated auras of power, knowledge, and sophistication. The air around here was dense of magical power and virtue. 

 

It was the location of most powerful, most intelligent, and most talented students of the continent. The greatest heroes, politicians, generals, leaders, researchers, and scholars in the kingdom's history attended this school. There were people of all backgrounds here even though this school was mainly for the upper-class of society.

 

Many people from the lower- and middle-classes attended here, becoming idols for the people of their respective societal class. Even people from other the continents attended here for further educational opportunities.

 

This was the number one educational institute in the continent: Ivory Royal Institute. 

 

"Commander Steel Wing, won't it be an issue if we land a legion-class warship here?" The princess asked. 

 

Commander Steel Wing, a middle-aged man with silver hair, laughed. "Your highness, there's no need to be alarmed. We are already activated an invisibility spell formation to hide ourselves. The only one who could possibly notice us would be the chancellor himself." 

 

The warship stopped and landed in an empty coliseum. As they stepped down the warship, Princess Jasmine and Yang Yang noticed a green-haired, white-robed young man. Commander Steel Wing waved his hand before proceeding to hug the young man. "Good to see, old pal!" 

 

"Brother Steel Wing, I see you are doing fine." The green-haired young man hugged back. He then turned to the princess. "Hey, kid. Do you remember me?" 

 

"Uncle Leishen?" Princess was taken back as she stared at the young man. "You are the royal institute's chancellor?" 

 

"Sure am." The green-haired young man hugged her. The group talked for a short while before the legion commander took his leave with the warship, leaving Princess Jasmine and Yang Yang there with the chancellor. 

 

Chancellor Leishen looked at the two new students. His gaze lingered on Yang Yang for a moment longer than when he looked at Princess Jasmine. An approving light reflected in his eyes. "Let's take both of you to the dorms and get you prepared." 

 

A teleportation spell circle appeared under the group of three and took them elsewhere. 

 

103