Chapter 18: Sacrificing Sixty Years of Life
3.8k 7 78
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

"Water Sword Magic: Aqua Blade!" 

 

"Wind Spirit Magic: Angry Spirit's Breath!" 

 

"Beast Transformation Magic: Right Arm of the Iron-backed Gorilla!" 

 

Wu Wamu's group was demolishing every demon they encountered. There were a total of seven people, and everyone was a Virtual Aspect magus except Princess Jasmine, a Marker, and Wu Wamu, a Manifest Aspect magus. 

 

"ROAR!!!" A giant, lizard-like demon jumped out of the trees and ambushed the group. It's razor-sharp tongue whipped out and slashed at two people. "AYEEE!!!" 

 

"That's the Vile-Blood Lizard Demon. Everyone retreat!" Wu Wamu picked up the two, injured people and dodged a tongue attack. Although the lizard demon was only at the Virtual Aspect level, it was as strong as a Manifest Aspect magus because of its sturdy, demonic body and bloodline. 

 

Wu Wamu placed the injured people down and cast a spell. "Wind Spirit Magic: Gust of God!" 

 

A mighty wind descending from the sky and stopped the lizard demon's movement. It struggled, but was ultimately stuck under the wind. "Wind Spirit Magic: Cyclone Arrow!" 

 

An arrow of wind shot at the right rib of the lizard demon, and pierced its scales. Unfortunately, it did not go deep into the flesh. "Damn it." 

 

"Pure Flame Magic: Will O' Wisp." Eight golden, fiery spheres flew toward the lizard demon and ignited it on fire. The lizard demon gave an angry bellow, but it ceased to move. The golden flame consumed the lizard demon, leaving behind only the demon heart. 

 

"Brother Yang, thank you." Wu Wamu turned toward Yang Yang and bowed. The latter nodded before sending two streaks of fire toward the injured people. "Pure Flame Magic: Basic Healing." 

 

The injured people quickly recovered. "Amazing! Brother Yang, your fire-type magic is truly exquisite." 

 

"We can't thank you enough in this journey." 

 

"No problem. No problem." 

 

Yang Yang took up the role as healer within the group. He felt that it wouldn't be a good idea to use Life Magic so he used his Pure Flame Magic as his primary magic. Although, he didn't disclose what his fire-type magic truly was as well. 

 

Wu Wamu tossed the demon heart toward Yang Yang and they all proceeded along. Everyone had already agreed that the demon heart would belong to whoever killed the demon. Kill-stealing was highly discourage action among all magi so the group did not bother to discuss that. 

 

"Strange. We've been getting a lot of demons." 

 

"Strange? I think that's good. More points for us." 

 

"Yeah, but I feel like we've encountered too many demons. Compared to the last couple times the house had tested us, the demons in the mountain range seem more active."

 

The group chatted merrily. Besides Princess Jasmine and Yang Yang, everyone had experienced raid missions and even fought for the House of Wu numerous times. Most of them were lifelong friends. Princess Jasmine, who had the lowest cultivation base, walked in the back with Yang Yang beside her. Technically, she should be before Yang Yang, but the group was swayed by Yang Yang’s aura of life in such a way that they saw him more favorably than Princess Jasmine. 

 

“Young Miss, you should participate in these battles as well.” 

 

“Hmph. All the demons we’ve seen so far were at the Virtual Aspect level. It’s not like I’ll get the kill for it. Besides, you can collect the points for us two.” 

 

“Young Miss, it would be best for you to gain battle experience as well.” 

 

“I have you with me. Why should I be afraid?” 

 

“Young Miss, I’m not saying to be afraid, but it would be good if you learn how to fight as well. The way the maids fight in royal palace are different compared to how demons fight.” 

 

“Oh yeah? Like how?” 

 

“For example, they would often come in-”

 

The sounds of crashing tress cut him off. As if to spite him, a horde of hundreds of demons appeared from the thick forest. Most of these demons were at the Marker level, but some of them were Virtual Aspect demons and there was even a Manifest Aspect demon. 

 

The Manifest Aspect demon, the horde’s leader, pointed downward. The demons lunged. 

 

“Everyone, get in formation!” Wu Wamu yelled at the top of his lungs. He summoned his magic aspect, the corporal figure of a muscular, sand-colored giant. “Wind Spirit Magic: Fist of the Windy King!” 

 

The winds gathered together and formed a tornado around the sand-colored giant’s fist. The fist slammed into the demon horde’s leader. “I’ll take on this one. You all do your best.” 

 

Wu Wamu flew to the sky and continued his battle with the demon horde’s leader. The three Virtual Aspect magi leapt forward and dealt with the Virtual Aspect demons. As for the remaining Marker demons, they swarmed Princess Jasmine, Yang Yang, and the other Virtual Aspect magus. 

 

Princess Jasmine summoned her Night Mammoth Grimoire and attacked with all her might. The sky darkened and stars descended like arrows from Heaven that stabbed into the demons. Yang Yang did not summon his grimoire for extra power, but instead took out his Immortal Khakkhura while using Pure Flame Magic to assist her and their other companion. 

 

Every minute, dozens of demons were slaughtered and the same amount of demon hearts would drop to the group. However, they came relentlessly. At first, it only seemed like several hundred demons were present, but now, the number of demon hearts piled to the thousands. 

 

“Shit. This isn’t good at all.” Yang Yang was doing his best to heal the other members of his party, while defending himself and the princess from the demons. “Time to go for broke. Life Magic: Self-Sacrifice, One Wheel of Life!” 

 

A green light flashed and a small, green wheel with lotus patterns appeared. It rotated slowly and even had an hour hand and minute hand, as though it was a clock. Sixty years worth of life force flowed out from the Wheel of Life, transforming into great power. Yang Yang could feel the magical power in him increased by several folds, but his physical and mental health were deteriorating as well. He silently chanted, “Pure Flame Magic: Burning Land of the Flaming Deity.”

 

The Wheel of Life completely transformed into magical power and the humongous phantom of a flaming god in war armor appeared behind Yang Yang. The flaming god lifted up his sword, turned it upside-down, and stabbed at the ground. A tsunami of the Flame of Purity erupted from the ground, turning the few kilometers of land into a land of flame.

 

While the demons burned and suffered to death, the surrounding trees, wildlife, and ground were completely fine. It was as though the sea of golden flame did not harm them, but rather, helped them instead. Some trees were even slightly growing and many grasses were growing rapidly. Even the injuries on his teammates were healing rapidly. 

 

The flame even reached Wu Wamu and the demon horde’s leader. The former was refreshed by Flame of Purity, while the latter roared in anger and terror. The demon horde’s leader fell to the ground while clutching its head. “This cursed flame... it couldn’t be...” 

 

78