Chapter 28: Good Luck and Thanks
2.7k 4 53
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Magical power was also known as the Universal Power of Magic, and it was simply the most common kind of energy that existed. It can be transformed in any way to match certain magics, magical phenomenon, or magical elements. However, it simply could not contend with other higher energies such as faith.

 

Faith was elusive, invisible, and ethereal. It was also called the Divine Power of Faith because the gods were the first entities to have ever used this energy. Faithful power required the complete devotion and reverence of lower lifeforms to be created, but it was extremely vital for immense qualitative change in any being.  

 

Generally, faithful power was hard to produce without godly presence or aura because only the gods were so strong and higher than any other being that someone would worship them. Even lower lifeforms try to mimic to the gods to gather some faith themselves. However, unless a person was a god or a scion, no one could completely utilize or generate faithful power, not even angels. 

 

Although the Bone Squad were not necessarily strong as first-step Manifest Aspect magi, their faith was enough to boost Yang Yang's power. He broke through the sixth-step and seventh-step in the matters of second, and could soon reach the eighth-step. However, he allowed the faithful power to gradually change him to maximize the potential of his body. 

 

"Here, Lord Yang." Bone Three presented a mask and cloak to Yang Yang. "Members of the cult are required to wear their masks and cloaks at all time, even in private settings." 

 

He took the clothing and put them on. Using a disguising spell, he mimicked an aura of blood on his person. "Let's go." 

 

......

 

Within the Fifth Layer, a group of seven young men and women were flying through mountain ranges and valleys on a warship. They each wore unique sets of clothing and rode on a warship that looked the same as Yang Yang's. 

 

They were the missing legacy students that were connected to the institute's high-profiled elders. However, they were desperately fleeing away from something. Each of the students had a tired expression. The only sound was the noise of the warship's engine. Tension was high as danger loom. 

 

A crescent, red beam of light slashed toward them from a far. The ship barely dodged, but struck a mountain. 

 

"AHHH!!!" One of the young women was knocked down and rolled over. Her body slammed to the side of the warship. 

 

"Sixth Sister Blue!" A young man quickly went over and helped her up. 

 

"Thank you, Second Brother Rain." 

 

The young man nodded and looked over at the warship's captain. "Eldest Brother Yang, we need to speed up!" 

 

"I'm trying!" Eldest Brother Yang barked. "Shut up and help me already. That madman is too close to us! I can't believe he actually hunted us down from the Twelfth Floor to all the way here in the boonies! Attack! Attack!" 

 

While he controlled the warship, the other six young magi stood together and executed one spell after another. Behind them, a small, dark figure could be seen every now and then to deflect the attacks. However, none of the attacks were effective at all. The dark figure continued to chase them down like a vengeful ghost. 

 

It would wave its arm to send a light beam attack, though, whatever weapon it was using could not be seen. Strangely, after every attack, the dark figure would move even quicker as though it was feeding off on the spells. 

 

"Nothing is working!" 

 

"Why the hell is that bastard so vengeful!?" 

 

"What shitty god made a person so overpowered!?" 

 

Eldest Brother Yang grew more irritated from their complaints. "Enough! Focus on channeling power into the engine. We'll just have to turn around and dive back into the other layers and call reinforcements." 

 

"Eldest Brother Yang, there should be plenty of other members here in the Fifth and Fourth Layers. Let's just 'ask' them for help." One of the legacy students said. He looked down at his compass-like device with a mischievous smirk on his face. "There's two ship coming here right now! Hey, one of them seems familiar." 

 

"Oh?" Eldest Brother Yang looked over at the device. "That's... perfect. Nice one, Fifth Brother Lance. Full speed ahead, everyone!" 

 

The series of attacks stopped and the streams of magical power traveled downward. The team concentrated on the warship's engine and accelerated beyond the Fifth Layer to the Fourth Layer. The dark figure chased after them at even greater speed when it saw the warship flying faster. Despite the warship being three times as faster, the dark figure was not losing out on the chase at all. Red lightning flashed below the dark figure. 

 

Once the team's warship entered the Fourth Layer, they took many turns before eyeing two warships in the distance. They quickly aligned themselves next to the warships and cast an illusion spell that created an illusory replica of their warship, and placed a little bit of their auras on the illusion. Then, without stopping for a moment, they flashed into the distance. "Hey brothers, good luck and thanks!" 

 

It took the same amount of time it takes to hear thunder after lightning as it took the team of legacy students to place themselves next to the ships and then leave. 

 

"Huh?" Yang Yang and the Bone Squad didn't have time to process what just happened before dozens of red beams of light struck at them. The illusion was destroyed and the warships were damaged. A energy shield appeared before them just in time to protect them from the attacks. 

 

"What the hell!!!" The Bone Squad began cursing at the warship behind them. 

 

"You cowards! Don't just pick a fight and leave!" 

 

"Damn hooligans! I remember that warship's license plate!" 

 

"I remember your auras! If I see you all again, I'll smack the crap out of you!" 

 

While Yang Yang was angered, he chose to focus on the threat in front of him. Floating a hundred meters in front of him was a tall figure in a large black cloak. The cloak was so large that it almost made the person in front of looked like a pillar. 

 

Under the shade of the cloak, and the limited light in the cave labyrinth of the Fourth Layer, Yang Yang could not see what was under the hoodie. 

 

However, he didn't bother to. The person's auras of blood and slaughter was more than enough to tell him that this person was dangerous at the moment. Moreover, this person was a seventh-step Manifest Aspect magus, one exact realm above him. 

 

Yang Yang took out the Immortal Khakkhura, the Flame of Purity, and his magic-aspect. Without a word, he took off from the warship and confronted the dark figure. Likewise, the dark figure stretched out an arm, and revealed a red heavy-sword in its grasped. 

 

The two people clashed, sending shock waves around the cave labyrinth that destroyed many Arcane Sapphires.  

 

53