Chapter 47: Morrigan’s Surprise
1.4k 5 42
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

On Ivory Continent, the Ivory Royal Army had been deployed to the Wu Province. Two years after the incident involving a raid mission and the initial awakening of Princess Jasmine's bloodline, the Wu Province had been been the subject of much discussion in the royal court. While King Ivory Griffin was still in seclusion, many dramatic transformations had taken place while he was away. 

 

Located at the center of the Wu Province was the entrance to a forbidden zone. No one knew what was inside this forbidden zone as most people who dare explored the land were dead or did not travel too far into it. All that was known about it was that it was a very, very deep cave that lead to a dangerous world where the terrain would attack you. 

 

There were a total of seven forbidden zones in the Ivory Continent. Unlike the Arcane Abyss, the forbidden zones in other provinces were restricted locations. This was because the Arcane Abyss was a place of legacy and opportunities; it was not something the kingdom could seal and prevent people from trying their luck, even if it usually ends in failure. 

 

On the other hand, the six other forbidden zones were restricted because they truly housed hazardous environments. Such places were rarely investigated and were only investigated by Wisdom King elders, at the very least. However, a change in the situation outside also called for changes in certain policies. 

 

Standing before the cave entrance to the forbidden zone was a group of ten people, six were men and four were women. They each had young, strong auras and exuded Manifest Aspect level magical power. Their sophisticated armors, military uniforms, and exquisite badges revealed that they were chiliarchs of the Ivory Royal Army. On each of their left shoulders was the symbol of a pair of steel wings with the number five, indicating that they were under the command of the fifth general of the Steel Wing Legion. 

 

The group of chiliarchs were good-looking and talented individuals, but one particular chiliarch stood out from the rest. Her fiery red hair was medium short, hanging as low as to her shoulders. Her boots and tight-fitting legging highlighted the curves of her legs and the thickness of her thighs. Her crossed arms pressed up on her large mounds and emphasized its elasticity; a perfect outline was noticeable under her curvaceous armor and uniform. 

 

The red-haired chiliarch's soft lips moved around as her ruby-colored eyes scanned her companions. The other chiliarchs were nodding and agreeing while staring at her intensely. Whether they were male or female, the other chiliarchs' gazes were hot and heavy. The red-haired chiliarch cleared her throat. 

 

"Oi!" Her exclamation shocked the other members back into reality. "Were you perverts even listening to what I was saying?" 

 

They nodded their heads like chickens eating rice grains. She pointed a large, brown-haired male chiliarch. "War Hammer, repeat the mission statement." 

 

"The mission statement? What's that?" The brown-haired chiliarch shyly grinned and rubbed his head. In an instant, his head was smacked so hard that half of his body sunk into the ground. The Chiliarch War Hammer coughed out a mouthful of blood. 

 

"Alright, listen up! I need your full attention this time!" The red-haired chiliarch sent out waves of magical power to draw their full attention. "We are going to the F-Zone 04. Unlike the other forbidden zones we've been to, our troops can't be brought into here since this place is too advanced for them. Under the orders of the legion commander and our general, we've been elected to travel through the cave first to map out the location and use this time to train. Our goal is to go in at least a hundred meters beyond the cave within a month time. Any questions?"  

 

A blue-haired female chiliarch, Chiliarch Blue Grass, raised her hand. "Ma'am, why are we sent to F-Zone 04? Wasn't F-Zone 06 hard enough for us? We were also training with our troops so our overall strength was steadily increasing." 

 

"That is true, Blue Grass. However, this is under the orders of our superiors. They told me that while our general brigade is strong, and even our chiliarch battalions are impressive, us chiliarchs need more time to develop our personal strength. This will be a good opportunity to train ourselves as individuals and as a team." The red-haired chiliarch turned around and walked to the cave entrance. "Oh, take out that big screw on the ground as well." 

 

A chiliarch walked over and lifted Chiliarch War Hammer up. "Okay, we're all ready? Good, let's go!" 

 

The team proceeded forward, the wind inside the cave gently lifted their hair and clothing. "Chiliarch Red Maid is as nice as always, huh?" 

 

"Yeah, she sure has one nice spirit alright. A nice ass too." 

 

"You two better shut up before you get a smack down." 

 

"Says you! You've been looking at her since we've all arrived." 

 

"I also admit, that's a nice ass, but who said I would not want to get smacked down?" 

 

Despite the danger, the chiliarchs of the Fifth Steel Wing Brigade traveled in merry strides and joyous chattering. Chiliarch Red Maid walked with the girls and gossiped with them. 

 

"Say, Sister Morrigan, had spring ever come you?" said an orange-haired, blue-eyed Autumn Leaf.

 

"Has spring come? Just look outside." Morrigan's face remained placid. 

 

"Oh come on! You know what I mean, Sister Morrigan." Autumn Leaf inched closer to her face. "Ah! Your cheeks are slightly redder! That must mean you actually do, huh? What kind of flower attracted the attention of the beautiful Morrigan, the Red Maid? Hey, hey, hey! Tell me!" Autumn Leaf was a rather petite girl and as she flailed her arms around, it looked as though a small child was bothering her elder sister. 

 

"A flower..." Morrigan looked around and saw the other girls looking at her with expectant eyes. "Well, it has black petals and a green pistil. The peduncle is long and slender, but also muscular and chiseled. Its aroma is sweet and sometimes intoxicating. It's not as old as I am, but it's still a great, strong flower. It can annoying at times to look at, but will always be the most charming thing in my eyes." 

 

"Woah!" The three girl exclaimed. "Such high praise! Black and green doesn't seem like it goes together, but this sure does seem like a handsome flower." 

 

"Yeah! Yeah! Sister Morrigan, you have to show us this flower someday, okay?" 

 

Further in the back, the young men were looking inquisitively at the young women. "What are they talking about? I heard something about flowers over there" 

 

"Flowers? Do female chiliarchs keep flowers with them nowadays? That would make sense for other girls. But our ladies? Nah, no way. Those gorillas don't seem like that type." 

 

"It almost sounds like they're going to trade flowers. Hey, is there some kind of underground market for flowers now?" 

 

"I doubt it, since all flower markets are already overpriced as it is. Seriously, screw flowers."

 

"Huh? Why is that? What wrong with flowers?" 

 

"Flowers are pretty overrated in my opinion. They are just like any other plant and the best thing they could be used for is to be looked at. That's all they do: just stand there, menacingly! Also, flowers are absurdly expensive. Brothers are out here during the holidays to buy a small bouquet for their lovers at the price of several hundreds magical stones! Then, once the holidays have passed, those flowers go down to a few magical stones. That's some top-quality bullshit." 

 

"Hm... you do have a point." 

 

"Also if you think about. When you smell a flower, you're sniffing it private parts. Nothing really expresses a person's passionate love like shoving a genital at someone's face." 

 

"T-That is..." 

 

"No, no. He's got a point." The young chiliarchs rambled on for hours upon hours, typhoons of words and phrases blasted out of their mouths ceaselessly. For this special training, they were conditioned to walk through the forbidden zone, rather than taking a warship. Although a warship would have served them well, walking was a minor inconvenience and served to build patience in them. 

 

Roar!!! 

 

Suddenly, in the distance, the rage of a mighty creature alerted them. That was when the walls of the cave began to compact and seal the entrance to the Wu Province. In a short moment, they went from Heaven to Hell. 

 

Morrigan looked behind her, then in front, and terror swelled inside her as she gaze at the anomalous world. 

 

42