8. Friends pt. 1
6 0 0
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

“We need to find that dog before Christmas. So we have only four days. Otherwise, this shadow will interrupt the ceremony.” Explained Leo as they came back to the same place they last saw the white dog. 

 

“I asked for assistance since the Vatican informed me about the high chance of strong shadows but this is beyond my expectations.” Said Theo as he yawned almost every third word.

 

“Wow, man… You got any sleep?”

 

“Not much…”

 

“We had ten hours of rest. How did you not sleep.” 

 

“Better if I don’t explain. I’ll rest once I go to Vatican City after Christmas. That’s the only way for me to rest.” Said Theo and whispered the last part of his sentence that only Senzi caught. He was the only one who knew Theo’s situation. 

 

“Ehh… There are no tracks left. Except for that girl.”

 

“Don’t jump to pointless conclusions. You better not approach her.”

 

“But I’m telling you! We need to take her and question her! Even if she doesn’t fully understand, there must be something that she knows!”

 

“I can find her and ask about it…” Said Senzi not being sure if his idea was good enough for the two saints. 

 

“That’s a good solution. Meanwhile, we will stay back and keep watch. If she doesn’t see us she might tell him something useful.” Said Theo.

 

“Fine. Lead the way…” Said Leo as he clenched his teeth. 

 

Senzi took them to the suburbs. They thought it was logical to go look for her there since she looked to be from a poor family. Theo was surprised once they made a turn to a certain street. Most of the buildings were damaged or completely ruined. 

 

“She either is hiding in here because no one lives here or she is somehow connected to that unfortunate accident from a few months ago…” Thought Theo as he recognized the street. 

 

“What happened here? Was there some kind of attack of shadows or something?” Asked Leo.

 

“Greve Des Pauvres. Last summer. Some of the workers began to strike. Low payment and not the best work environment forced them to do this. Since they were poor and needed money, some of them sinned and stole. The police wanted to silence the strike and in the process, seven men were killed. Five of them were heavy sinners and the shadows immediately came out of them. Two of them were level six. Before exorcists arrived, many were killed. Some of them died fighting those monsters. Unfortunetly. I was in Spain while that was happening.” Explained Theo. 

 

“Don’t blame yourself. There are not many executioners and even fewer saints to help in that kind of situation. Each one of us has a region to look after.” Said Leo.

 

“But Spain isn’t my region. The whole of France is under my protection.”

 

“Vatican really needs to find another executioner to help you. Out of all of us you cover the most ground.”

 

“That’s the building.” Said Senzi and stopped the conversation as he pointed to the ruins of the building.

 

“Let’s hide.” Said Theo as he grabbed Leo and walked away into the damaged building on the other side. 

 

Senzi went to the ruins of a building. The girl wasn’t anywhere in the first room. The boy noticed a few changes from the last time. He saw a small pile of chicken bones in the corner and a metal bowl that was used to contain the fire. 

 

“This is the place I last saw her but didn’t she say that she lives with her friends… Or this is the place of her friends…” Thought Senzi as he remembered the last conversation with Megan. 

 

Senzi shouted her name but there was no answer to that. In the other room, he found a handmade roof and a dirty blanket under it. Besides that, there were no signs of the girl. He couldn’t track her by positive energy since he didn’t have an item dear to her. 

 

Two saints watched Senzi from the roof of a building on the other side of the street. When Senzi went to the second room they didn’t have a vision of him. 

 

“She probably isn’t here…” Whispered Theo.

 

“Because she knows something and understands that we are after it. She ran away. I told you that we need to capture her!” Said Leo. 

 

“You won’t lay a finger on the girl.” Said a hostile, trembling voice.

0