13. Part Of Family pt. 1
3 0 0
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

One hour after the fight between Theo, Leo, and Vera, the crow came to the forest to the place where Megan was last time. In that place, there was a campfire. She hid behind the tree and gave a signal to Rabbit by poking him in the back with her feather. The Rabbit looked her way and wanted to ignore her for now but then he noticed an unconscious boy under her claws. 

 

With one look from the Rabbit boy, the dog understood what to do. He came up to Megan while excitingly shaking his tail. She was only petting him until he began poking her with his nose.

 

“I think Pano wants to go on a walk.” Said the Rabbit.

 

“You think so? You’re probably right. Do you wanna come with us, Sami?” Said Megan.

 

“I would like to but somebody needs to watch over the fire. We’re in the forest after all.” 

 

“Okay then. See you in a bit.” Said Megan as she walked away with Pano while the Rabbit waved his hand toward them.

 

“Did you take care of the enemy?” Asked Rabbit.

 

“Yes. One of them is dead. Vera should be here soon. It looked like she was about to finish off that man…” Explained the Crow.

 

“She is dead. They killed her. But if we are lucky I might bring her back. What about this boy?”

 

“This is the boy that gave Megan her plushy back. I thought it wouldn’t be wise to kill him. That could make Megan sad. So I took him and asked you what to do about him.”

 

“Good thinking… Very good… I might make him part of our family.” Said the Rabbit as he approached the boy and placed a finger on his forearm. “What shape should I give you? A cat should suit you.” Suddenly a mark in the shape of a cat’s head appeared on Senzi’s forearm. “Hide him for six hours. He should change his shape in that time.”

 

The crow flew away toward the hill near the forest where there was a cave. She hid the boy inside it and stayed near the entrance as the guard. To make it less suspicious she changed into her human form without wings and watched the Paris from this hill.  

 

“Who are you?” Asked Senzi while lying on the ground without any strength to move.

 

“He shouldn’t be conscious yet…” Thought the crow girl. “I’m Pola.” She answered without looking at him.

 

“Where are we? Why are we here? I remember fighting some monster…”

 

“I rescued you from those monsters… And now we have to hide from them. We can’t risk being found so we are in a cave.”

 

“But my master is out there…” Said Senzi before he fell unconscious. 

 

“Your master is that monster…” Whispered the girl.

 

The sun was slowly rising and the three Executioners were going toward the forest that Megan and Senzi were in. They didn’t know it yet but they will find their much scarier monster than the ones they fought. Once they entered the forest Leo stopped. 

 

“Now I can clearly sense three paths. One leads toward the hill, one is deeper in the forest and the last one is a curvy path that doesn’t have an end yet. What should we do now?” Asked Leo. 

 

“I think we should split. Leo, you’ll go after the weakest shadow…” Said Theo.

 

“And I’ll go the shortest path toward the hill.” Interrupted Noah.

 

“Then that leaves the one in the forest to me.” Said Theo.

 

The first one to reach his destination was Noah who could sense the same presence that he sensed in the restaurant. He didn’t even climb the hill. He took a deep breath and shouted “Come here you damn bird! It’s time to repay for the damage to the hotel and what you did to my brother!”

 

The girl showed herself and replied “Why should I go down there? You’re after me so why don’t you come here?” She showed her black wings and threw two feathers at the man. 

 

Noah pulled out a long sword from under his coat and blocked the two feathers with it. He sighed and took out a silver chain from under his coat and attached it to the end of his sword handle where there was a hole prepared for it. Then he threw the sword at the girl. She avoided the attack by flying away.

 

“Interesting way of fighting but no chain will reach me up here.”

0