22. Round Table pt.1
3 0 0
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

It was a night and the stars were clearly visible in the sky. Senzi sat on the beach and watched the stars pointing out at the sky and figuring out where are the constellations. 

 

“That must be Crux… And that is Orion? No… It’s missing one start.” Whispered to himself Senzi.

 

“You can watch the stars later…” Said Theo as he walked toward Senzi from the port. “While we take the ship to the other side.” Theo showed the tickets with Southampton written on them. 

 

“My first time on the ship!” Said Senzi with excitement as he grabbed his ticket. 

 

“Nothing special… Just moving on the water and sometimes it’s wiggling you around because of the waves.”

 

“You’re saying that because you were on one before!”

 

Once they got on the ship and the waves began to move it around, Senzi no longer was excited. Not that it wasn’t an amazing experience but for the new reason he just discovered. He has seasickness. Senzi didn’t watch stars anymore because he couldn’t even lift his head off the rails. 

 

“Now. Now. It’ll only be for a few hours…” Theo gave Senzi frustrating information as he calmly patted him on the back.

 

Meanwhile, he reached for the letter from his pocket with a stamp in the shape of the sword. Once he opened it there was a piece of newspaper and a piece of paper. The newspaper had the title “Killing Spree” and a picture of a man with a hat leaning out of the corner. His whole body was black except for the hand that had blood on it. 

 

Keep this information a secret. Don’t tell it to anyone unless it's necessary. Keep it even from The Knights Of The Round Table. Even though we have an agreement with the English Church we can’t explain the threat for their own safety. We believe that the killer that “CAME BACK” is a shadow of a heavy sinner known as Jack The Ripper. The shadow shares the killer’s behavior except for one part. If he is caught while killing or knows that his “identity” was revealed he will hunt that person down.  

 

Be careful

Black Knight

 

“This is more complicated than I initially thought…” Whispered Theo under his nose as he burned the letter with a lighter. 

 

Unfortunately for Theo, he spent a whole night standing by Senzi while he was feeling sick and standing by the rails just in case something would want to come out. He tried to comfort himself by saying “Not like I would be able to sleep anyway.”

 

The ship arrived at its destination early in the morning. The weather was rather ominous because of the thick fog by the shore. Once they stepped out of the ship, it began to lightly rain. Theo reached for his bag to grab the umbrella but someone placed one above him.

 

“Good morning Mister Villeneuve. I’m the Knight Of The Round Table. Knight Galahad at your service.” Introduced himself to the man with an umbrella. Wearing a black coat and elegant black clothes under it. With his hand in the air, a sword was visible under his coat. Because of the glasses with silver frame, he looked rather smart and a light blond hair that fit his glasses. 

 

“Call me Theo. I’m not that fond of my surname.” 

 

“As you wish Mister Theo.”

 

“And this is Senzi. My student.”

 

“Pleasure too… Meet you, Sir Galahad.” Tried to say Senzi as he recovered from the long trip. 

 

“We’re going to take a carriage to London. Please follow me.”

 

The black carriage awaited them at the end of the port. Many people look at it from time to time because of how fancy it looks. Almost like royalty would use it. Galahad held the doors for them and entered the last. Once he entered the coachman used the whip to make the horses move.

 

“We appreciate the help of the exorcists from the Catholic Church. Especially when the exorcist that came here is known as the Saint Of Sin. We don’t have unique exorcists here. As you are aware all of the knights know and use the same techniques. Currently, only four of us refined the techniques to the level of benign called by the name of the knight from The Round Table. There is me, Lancelot, Percival, and Tristan. We call ourselves equals to executioners of Europe but personally I think that executioners are stronger because how the unique powers you hold.”

 

“I wouldn’t say that we are stronger. Maybe the Saints but the other executioners aren’t that different from you.” 

 

“You’re flattering us, Theo. If that were the truth we wouldn’t need your help. But here you are.”

 

“I’m here to assist you. It’s not the strength of the shadow that is the problem but its unique behavior. Most shadows are just brainlessly attacking people but this one is different. We have experience with that kind of shadow.”

 

“True… It’s my first time hearing about that kind of shadow. I thought that it was a real killer until more shreds of evidence were shown to me.”

 

“So. What do you know about this shadow?”

 

“Well… It attacks once a week in different parts of the city. Its main focus is on women except for one police officer and a photographer. All those women were killed the same way. Cut open stomach… That’s why I thought it was a killer. Until I saw this photo.” Galahad gave a photo to Theo.

0