Chapter 1
46 0 1
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

"Let your power come..."

"Let your will be done..."

"Let it come..."

The synchronous chanting forced Nate's eyes to refocus once again to understand what was happening before him. In some unprecedented way, he had entered the body of a cultist whose ceremony was taking place right now. Nate realized this because immediately after he woke up in this dark, damp, and eerie place that resembled some kind of church, fragmented memories of the previous owner of the body flowed into his consciousness.

The previous body owner was one of these cultists, which caused Nate's disgust and revulsion. Bad memories filled his mind, where he could see all the evil deeds committed by the previous body owner. From kidnapping people to murders. Just accepting these memories made Nate feel sick.

He was an ordinary worker who was fond of simple games. In his life, he had never committed any evil deeds, not even thoughts about it. And now he was trapped in the body of such a scoundrel.

His consciousness became chaotic, even though he realized that he had entered another world with superpowers and mysterious things, he felt no excitement. According to the memories, this world had undergone tremendous changes almost 300 years ago.

At a time when humanity had transitioned to miraculous technologies, suddenly supernatural phenomena occurred. Throughout the world, various mythological creatures appeared, but the catastrophe was just beginning.

Following these creatures, various subspaces emerged. People called them that, however, these spaces were more like other worlds inhabited by very dangerous beings. Some worlds were very small, but there were also those which were still difficult to explore after 300 years. The [Abyss], where the most insane things appear, belongs to such worlds.

With the emergence of the Abyss, the catastrophe intensified several times. Subsequently, this world underwent various changes.

The main ones being the complete loss of half the lands during the war.

However, people have always adapted quickly to all things. The same happened with this change. Initially, they were clearly on the side of suppression, but soon various methods of resistance appeared.

In the face of such a catastrophe, humans unleashed their full potential for destruction. When the first nuclear weapon was developed, it was immediately put into action in the war.

The scale of the war increased several times, but nuclear weapons did not always solve the problem. It brought more destruction than benefit, which is why people decided to use it in extreme cases.

Fifty years after the creation of nuclear weapons, another direction finally emerged. It was genetic modification, through which the study of creatures and their supernatural abilities was conducted.

People gradually began to create special ways to enhance their genes by introducing a chaotic elixir. The level of enhancement with this elixir was very impressive, but it did not suit everyone. After research, it was found that some people had a special gene structure that allowed them to accept the chaotic elixir and evolve.

These structures were called S-level structures.

And so a weaker alternative version was created, there were three of them. Purple elixir, red elixir, and green elixir. They helped people with less potential and weaker gene structures become superhumans.

Thus began the era of superhumans, people began to master various superpowers. From the simplest body reinforcement to elemental control. However, the further it went, the more the Abyss invaded, and more and more various creatures from mythologies and descriptions of worlds appeared.

As always, people who are greedy by nature, those who could not awaken and did not have the potential, began to lean towards other creatures. And these dangerous creatures gladly accepted them and desecrated them.

As a result, many different evil organizations emerged. Humanity got another enemy in the form of insane people.

After so many years, a balance gradually appeared, all sides destroyed each other, forming an eternal circle. Finally, this became the norm, and the world completed its transformation.

Various powerful people on the human side, as well as unexpected allies from the gates of other worlds, began to create new constructs and societies. Those with a weak genotype used various methods to enhance the genotype of their offspring. And those with great potential established their positions.

Ultimately, the world ruled by money changed to a world ruled by power.

And so the previous owner of the body, who was already quite well-known at the lower level for his evil character and deeds. He was also a descendant of people with a weak genotype, which is why he was tempted and drawn into an evil cult.

The name of this cult was Obsidian Veil, a sect founded recently compared to others. And Nate's predecessor was drawn into the sect almost 3 years ago, during which time he had done many evil things. Even a reward was offered for his head.

Accepting all this information, Nate felt that there was no ground under his feet to stand on. Now he had to take on all the sins of his predecessor. Fortunately for him, the fragmented memories did not affect his psyche and thoughts.

Now, watching all these people swear to the altar in front of him, he had to follow them to avoid suspicion. Although his predecessor had been in this sect for 3 years, he was not stronger than others. Although his body was reinforced by methods presented by the sect, it was not enough for him to resist and escape. Moreover, he did not want to take on the role of his predecessor.

He already wanted to run away from here, even if he did not know how he got here.

"No, stop..."

While he was repeating the movements of the other cultists, he suddenly remembered the last memories before waking up here.

He was playing a primitive game after returning home, and what he remembered was when it was time to go to bed and sleep. He felt a sharp pain in his chest.

"Maybe...I died?...heart attack?"

Apparently, he most likely died and ended up in this cruel world.

His own death caused him to fall into a sense of unreality of what was happening for a while. However, the choral voices, smells, and a clear feeling of a new body indicated that he was still alive.

"Rather, I hijacked someone else's body... okay... I need to calm down and think about how to get out of this situation."

After another bow, his gaze slid to the figure in front of him. Unlike him, this figure was dressed in red. There were several dressed in red, the one in front was dressed in purple. And all the rest, including Nate himself, were in black.

It was difficult to escape from this place, besides, he not only had to escape but also remove the brand.

Nate's gaze fell on his hand, where a strange symbol was burned. This symbol was a brand resembling a circle divided into four parts. This so-called brand, in the literal sense, made a creature a slave. Although upon joining this sect, it was shown as a confirmation that the creature was a member of the sect.

And so, in fact, Nate's predecessor became a slave to the man in red in front of him. Upon joining, he put the brand on him and also commanded Nate every time. And the only way to destroy the brand is to kill the one who put it on.

And now Nate is thinking about how to do this so that he himself does not die and also manages to escape after that.

The cult members clearly knew their business, although they made sure that the people who joined the cult became stronger. They also did not give them too much to keep themselves safe.

However, this clearly did not bother Nate's predecessor, as according to his memories, he even enjoyed lingering here.

While Nate was trying to come up with at least some way in his mind, the sacrifice ceremony finally ended. The voice of the man in purple fell silent, followed by everyone else.

After some time in silence, everyone stood up.

Then the man in purple waved his hand. Seeing this, everyone, including Nate, began to leave the room.

Soon after he left the room, the man in red came to him. This was the one whose slave he had now become, Arios.

"Go and clean up in the experiment room quickly."

Having said this, he left, no longer paying attention to Nate.

Nate looked at his back and sighed, clenching his fist tightly, he had to come up with a way to escape from here quickly. Although after that, he would not be safe, but at least he would not have to do evil deeds to stay alive.

Sighing again, he headed to the experiment room, as the name implied, this place was for experiments. Arios does this for entertainment, which is what could be seen from his memory. Because according to rumors that Nate's predecessor learned, Arios was a doctor before coming here.

Passing through the narrow and dark corridors, he finally reached the room.

"How can one live here... like rats."

This sect had established its dwelling place underground, in a damp and dark place. Taking a few deep breaths, Nate prepared himself and opened the door.

As soon as he opened the door, a foul smell hit him in the face. Suppressing vomiting, he slowly entered, this place resembled hell, seeing which Nate unconsciously turned his head to the side, not wanting to look at the bloody scene in front of him.

The room was also dark, with cages on the sides, inside which people were kept. However, most were dead, and others looked severely emaciated and unconscious.

When he was about to follow the memory and start cleaning this place, he heard a faint and hoarse voice.

"Please...let me out..."

Although the voice was quiet and distant, it still made Nate react quickly and look at the middle-aged man in the shadows. He had a severely emaciated appearance, dressed in rags, lying on the floor without strength, his dull eyes looking towards Nate.

This scene made Nate feel unwell. Instead of continuing his duties, he thought for a few seconds, and then went to the man. Opening the cage door, he entered and squatted down in front of the man. Looking at him closely, it seemed he had not eaten for a long time. Looking around, he saw pieces of bread not far away on a small table.

"Even if I let you out, you still won't be able to escape from here, you don't have enough strength left... I'll bring you some bread now."

Speaking, he turned to get up, although he could free him. He also knew that the other side would not be able to go far before being killed outright.

When he turned to leave, suddenly he felt an inexplicable feeling. However, he did not have time to react when the man jumped on his back.

"I don't need your damn bread!? I'D RATHER TAKE YOU WITH ME."

At that time, Nate also fell into a panic, trying to shake the man off him, but the other side seemed to have taken strength from nowhere. He could not detach from the man, but the man did not waste time in vain, he tightly grabbed Nate's throat with both hands in a chokehold.

From such an action, Nate felt only more panic, it seemed this man was not an ordinary human since he knew such techniques. His panic grew, followed by his resistance. He fiercely waved his hands towards the man's head, but even though he hit him several times, it did not affect the man.

"YES... FEEL THE DESPERATION!!"

Like a demon from hell, the man whispered hoarsely into Nate's ear, causing him to clench his teeth.

He inexplicably ended up in another person's body, and now he was trying to help someone, causing the other side to want to kill him. Clenching his teeth, he felt anger and stopped wavering.

He quickly pushed back, slamming his whole body against the wall, which clearly affected the man. The sound of a shrill cry burst out of him, but Nate did not stop. He went forward again, then abruptly pulled back again.

Bam.

"Kha..Kha.."

This time the blow had an even greater effect, when he did this for the third time, the man's hands finally began to weaken. However, he also started to run out of air, causing his strength to drop as well. Clenching his teeth, he turned in the other direction and then jumped back into the open space to fall on his back.

The inertia of the fall and his weight played its role, there was a click from such a fall. Immediately after, the man's arms fell limp to his sides, allowing Nate to breathe quickly.

"Kha..."

Breathing fast, Nate quickly crawled to the side and watched the man carefully. When he was in doubt whether the man was conscious, words appeared in his field of vision.

[Received 1 Attribute Point]

[Received 1 Extraction Point]

"Haaa....What?"

Trying to catch his breath, he still looked at the emaciated and motionless figure. However, it seemed the blow was too strong. Nate quickly got up from his spot and left the cage, tightly closing the door.

Bringing his breathing back to normal, he again remembered the words.

"Status?"

When he called out with doubt, a window appeared before his eyes.

[Name: Nate

Body: 3 [+]
Spirit: 5 [+]
Awakening: Absent

Skills:
--None--

----------------------------

Attribute Points: 1 (You can add points to increase Body or Spirit)

Extraction Points: 1 (You can use points to get a random skill)

----------------------------

Required number of points to extract a random skill needed: 1]

Looking at the information, it clearly resembled character information like in a game.

"I can add points to improve myself and become stronger? But why did I get points for fighting with him or..."

Thinking of another possibility, Nate felt sick, then opened the door and went back into the cage. When he checked the man's pulse, he shuddered.

"He... really died... haaa."

Coming out quickly, he tried to calm down... soon he quickly cleaned up the room based on memories. Although he could not help but vomit, finally putting the room in some order, he left that place.

Soon he found his room and locked himself in there, he had entered this world and had to defend himself from others, thus killing him. Nate finally realized how terrible this world was.

When he finally calmed down, his gaze turned to the window in front of him. If this panel works, then he will have a way to survive in this world.

First, he wanted to check the attribute points, clicking on the plus sign next to Body, he immediately felt the difference.

A warm power began to flow, increasing his strength in the body, then it disappeared. Although these were not big changes, he managed to become stronger, which confirmed the method.

His gaze shifted to another place, at the very bottom was the button to randomly acquire a skill. Fortunately for him, it required only one point, without hesitation, he pressed the button.

Following that, above one window another one appeared, inside of which various colors flashed quickly. Finally, a few seconds later, the multicolored lights disappeared, leaving behind an inscription.

[You received the skill "Sword Master"]

After that, the window disappeared, leaving the standard one. Where there were no skills, the acquired skill appeared next to it with a plus sign. With curiosity, Nate clicked on it, trying to understand what he could do with this skill.

[ Skill: Sword Master

Description: You become a sword master who is unmatched, possessing various powerful sword styles surpassing everyone who was and will be, do not forget to summon your sword.

Duration: 20 minutes

Cooldown: 24 hours]

Looking at the brief description, Nate felt strange, and somewhat disappointed.

"Why does the cooldown last 24 hours???"

1