Chapter 1
160 4 7
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.
() is the main head

{} is the second head

[] is the third head

If it has quotation marks then one of the above it's the mother speaking

In a forest of monsters, in a nest too large to be a bird, surrounded by a massive sleeping body of a dragon-like creature, a strange black egg can be found. With a shake and a wobble, a crack appears in the egg's shell, as a serpentine head pokes out from the egg, followed by two more heads. As the small creature climbed out of its egg, its body slowly became warmer as the sun shined through the forest.

The small creature then began using its three heads to eat the egg it hatched from, its long tail wagging as it seemed like it wanted to play with someone. the small wings on its back flapped with joy as its dragon-like body was carrying the three heads with strength rarely seen in newborns.

On four small legs the creature, a Hydra Pup, searched for its first prey, all three heads communicating with each other.

(Sisters! I wanna Hunt!)

{But what about mother?}

[Screw her, we should find something to eat!]

A loud and heavy thud resounded behind the hydra pup, its mother having woken up from its chirps and growls.

"(Little Pup, Did you think you would get away with just leaving the nest?)"

"{You should listen to your sister, she knows what she's doing.}"

"[It's not like they're going to get themselves killed, I've rarely seen creatures larger than my claw in the forest]"

"(Shut up Yugira.)"

"{We need to name the Pup sisters.}"

"(We'll each name one head, and remember dragon naming rules.)"

The mother's three heads each began thinking of a name, quickly coming up with one each, using the naming rules of the dragon clan.

"(You are Tea. Protect your sisters with your life.)"

(Okay Momma!)

"{Your name will be Vea, make sure you keep your sisters out of trouble.}"

{I will mother!}

"[Little one, I give you the name Bea, cause a little chaos will you?]"

"[I'll make you proud Mom!]"

The middle head of the mother picked up the little pup by its tail and placed her in the nest, then got up and went hunting for food for her little pup. Of the many Dragon types, the Hydra is the most caring of their hatchlings, with one parent always near the hatchling at all times except when hunting.

This behavior makes finding hydra nests a challenge, as even freshly hatched Hydra's aren't defenceless, with a baby hydra having more toxic venom than their adult counterpart.

There are 5 major Dragon Clans, The Hydra, The Wyvern, The Drake, The Loong, and the Tarrasque, and 5 Dragon Kings, The Hydra King of Polyous Viemen Gutea, The Wyvern King of Grecku, The Drake King of Drakus, The Loong King of Longwang, and the Tarrasque Queen of Justict.

There are also rouge groups of dragons, but they still respond to a king, just don't involve themselves in any political matters. The Mother, Name Yugira Gytue Futea, is a member of the main clan, and is the daughter of the Hydra King, and is in line to inherit the throne next, as the most powerful hydra after the current king.

Every Dragon starts out with a one syllable name like Tea, before at their coming of age ceremony they gain the second syllable to their name, and hydra names are read last head to main head. A hydra may gain more heads as they age, but this is rare and is seen as a curse more than a blessing as more heads mean more problems.

Many humans seek wisdom from dragons, even if most dragons won't listen to the humans, the Hydra are the most calm of the dragon clans and tend to provide help to the other races, as when you deal with siblings constantly, you develop a lot of patience. All Dragons can take human forms as well, Hydras just have a base of three bodies in their human forms, unlike the one of the other clans.

7