Chapter 135.8: Rescue Mission?
2.4k 13 87
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Comment/Review on the story readers and give me ideas on possible xianxia things you want to see! No guarantees that I will add what you want. But it helps to have ideas out there. Please point out any mistakes you notice or anything you're not clear about. I'll try to answer them and fix them to the best of my abilities.


Jun reigned in his instincts shouting within him to completely decimate Chaun in his current state with his full power. He could tell, he was already finished. That slash across his abdomen was enough to cause his intestines to slowly spill out. While the sword through the stomach has pierced all the way through his back was enough to put an end to any kind of future Huan Chaun hoped to have as a cultivator. The reason he said this was because the two swords he used to attack with weren’t any normal kind of swords. 

  They both held special qualities that were both particularly devastating. The first one held death qi inside it. Meaning that every cell in the area where the foe was cut would begin to die. Not even recovery pills of excellent quality were enough to bring life back into those cells. It would take a moderately skilled doctor along with a hefty paying fee to recover from a wound like that. Jun only saved that blade for special occasions. 

  One of the drawbacks of that sword was that it was quite brittle. It wouldn’t last long in a proper fight before shattering. That was why he rarely used it and when he did it was only when its strike would land without fail. Jun called it his Necrotic Sword. He found it while searching through a graveyard infested with dead swordsmen in the Treasured Plains.  

  The second sword used to impale Chaun wasn’t anything as deadly as the Necrotic Sword. Just a simple blade with the qi draining talisman slapped onto it. This would leave his body helpless against the death of his cells from the first sword, allowing it to ruin his body even further. Jun collected his many swords as Chaun’s body fell to the ground. With a turn of his back, he waited for the referee to call the match. 

“It was over in an instant...” 

“Prince Jun is too powerful!” A female disciple screamed. 

“When he just started to use his full power, Chaun couldn’t keep up at all!” 

“He barely even started to go all out!” 

“Prince Jun, you’re the best!”  

“Gong Jun, these wounds...” The referee looked at him. 

“Ah, you’re right. I must apologize... I didn’t believe a 2nd Qi Consolidator would be so fragile. I must have used too much strength in our duel. When he awakens, let him know he can still have the 100 mid-ranked stones. Just inform one of my servants.” Jun then left the dueling ring while Chaun went into shock on top of the stage. 

“Chaun really wasn’t anything if he couldn’t beat a 9th stage Qi Gatherer.” 

“How embarrassing. Someone at a lower realm than him had to go easy on him and he still barely lived. The Huan Clan won’t be able to live this one down.” 

“Haven’t you heard that Tang Wuying also fought a member of the Huan Clan today? I wonder what did the Huan Clan do to invoke the wrath of Elder Mo’s students.”  

‘Huh. So that’s where Little Tang went today...’ Jun managed to hear before leaving. 


“To think you really were an old fossil...” Hu Tao mumbled to himself inside his pocket dimension. 

  In front of him was the brutalized and butchered double of Bo Fai. This clone was weaker than the original but both of them were still weaker than Hu Tao overall. Hu Tao was watching the memories of Bo Fai inside his pocket dimension. To say he was surprised to find out that Fai was a lucky son of a bitch to get reincarnated and still be a weak son of a bitch was an understatement. He wanted to be reincarnated too! Then he could fight strong bastards till the end of time!  

  The martial arts he also knew in his past life were also nice to grab. Hu Tao didn’t realize that he could find out someone entire life by bringing them into his pocket dimension. If it wasn’t for the Blackie, who was pretty chatty despite how he looked, Hu Tao would’ve never known about it. Maybe there was some other things about this bloodline he hasn’t found out about yet. The wounds he suffered from Hong were healed in no time. In that exciting fight with the Great Prodigy, Hu Tao also found out that attacks without any qi infused in them, don’t have any effect on him. 

“I’ll be back to play later Old Fossil. Blackie will have some fun with you while I'm gone.” The recovering meat chunks of Bo Fai provided no response as Hu Tao was swallowed by black sludge underneath his feet. 

______________________________________________ 

“So, you survived. Good.” Jing said as Hu Tao finally arrived. 

Where are they going?” He asked. 

“Didn’t you read the message and why do you smell like that?” Ying’s nose crinkled at his smell. 

“I was busy.” He sniffed his clothes and found that they stunk of death. 

  Jing blasted him with a beam of water, cleaning him in seconds. 

“Thanks babe.” He grinned. 

  The water pressure increased at that comment and blew him across Ying's Void World. 

“Are you sure it's smart for all of us to leave the sect at a time like this? Shouldn’t we be training instead?” Bing brought up. 

“You’re all not going. You, Lei, and Qing are the only ones leaving. Ying will be getting ready to accomplish her task. Hu Tao will be spending his time training and cultivating for his task.” Jing relayed to them. 

“Why us specifically?” Qing wanted to know. 

“I trust that your skills together would make this task easier.” She answered. 

“Couldn’t you handle it on your own though?” Bing figured. 

“Probably.” Jing didn’t deny it. 

So, we’re supposed to help bring back this disciple? Is that correct?” Lei asked for clarification. 

“Without a single missing limb, no less.” Jing added. 

“I don’t get why we’re saving him exactly.” Qing said. 

“I was personally requested by a Core Disciple who will owe us 3 favors after completing it. While this will benefit me more, I believe it's fair to compensate you three with suitable rewards for going on this task for me. I already have in mind what I should reward you with if you succeed but feel free to request anything you need after completing it.” Jing told them. 

“Who’s the Core Disciple?” Hu Tao asked, coming back drenched in water. 

“A man called Jig.”  

“Don’t know him.” Hu Tao shrugged. 

“Why do you always think you know everybody in the sect?” Ying asked in an annoyed manner. 

“I only know the strong bastards and did you know reincarnation is real?” He added on. 

“What are you talking about?” Wan Qing asked. 

“Reincarnation. Gaining a second life after dying in the first one? Yeah, apparently that shit’s real.” He explained. 

“Elaborate.” Jing asked, slightly interested. 

“So, this fucking weakling I demolished made a body clone and I brought it to my pocket dimension. I looked through its memories and found out that it had already lived a first life. He made it far up through the realms and died as an Earthly Immortal before being reincarnated into a mortal body.”  

[Mission available for Host!] 

[You’ve just learned an important secret about a person of fate! Your mission is to capture his soul and try to understand the secret of reincarnation!] 

[Reward: The Secret of Reincarnation] 

‘This mission reward looks pretty good...’ Jing smiled.  

  Jing doubted she could die under normal circumstances but that doubt wasn’t something she was 100% certain about. There was still many many things about this world that she didn’t understand. Souls were just one of the many hundred. Reincarnation was a new information that she didn’t even think was possible. But if reincarnation was feasible then bringing the dead back to life had to be right? In case one of her followers were to meet a sudden end, she could bring them back. All in all, Jing had much more research to do about this world. 

So, doesn’t that mean he knows the future?” Bing asked. 

“Yeah, but that shit’s pretty useless for the most part. All the shit that happened in his first life barely happened at all in this life. He believes it's our fault for some reason that shit isn’t going the same as it was in his first life. I didn’t see Jing at all and I looked through his memories a fuck ton.” Hu Tao responded. 

“Wait! Did you say an Earthly Immortal!?” Wan Qing yelled. 

“Yeah.” 

“What martial arts did he know!? You’re going to share them with us, right? You have to share them with us.” Ying walked towards Hu Tao. 

“I could share them with you all but you know... What do I get out of something like that?” He grinned. 

“You’re not seriously going to be an asshole about this, are you?” 

“Let’s just say that I’ve been pretty busy today. My muscles are quite tender and sore. I wonder if anyone would be willing to give me a nice full-body massage for some valuable sky-ranked martial arts.”  

“That sounds like the Hu Tao I know.” Lei Zhi chuckled. 

“Fuck off, Hu Tao.” Ying gave him the finger and turned around. 

“No thanks.” Wan Qing rejected his offer as well. 

“I don’t really need any more martial arts unless they’re heaven-ranked.” Bing answered, making some people look at him with envy and anger. 

“Oh, look at you Bing. Mister Martial Arts King!” Ying mocked. 

“I didn’t mean to come off that way.” A faint red blush grew on his chubby cheeks. It did sound arrogant and condescending. 

“Damn, you guys aren’t any fun. I think we need a new angel around that I could bully around into doing what I want.” Hu Tao spoke. 

“There won’t be any bullying in the group.” Jing shut that down. 

“What if I make a second group that’s run by me but still under this one?” Hu Tao challenged. 

“That’s fine.” Jing didn’t mind that as she would still be the leader overall. 

“Wait, really? We could have our own little angels under us?” Ying asked excitedly, not that she had anyone in mind but it was still cool to know. 

“I don’t mind. Just remember that I'll need to meet with them first.” Jing reminded her. 

“I’m gonna call my group, Badass Angels.” Hu Tao declared. 

“I’ll call mine Beautiful Angels.” Wan Qing added. 

“I guess I could call my followers Burning Angels.” Ying shrugged.  

“Peaceful Angels.” Lei Zhi smiled. 

“I suppose I would name mine.... Wandering Angels.” Bing said after a brief second to think. 

“Roar.” Ni Xong added. He’s calling his, Golden Angels. 

“Who.” Li Li shared as well. He decided to call his group, Heavenly Demons. 

Bloorp.” Quon chose to call his group Speedy Angels. 

“I look forward to seeing the recruitment of your future followers.” Jing gave a small laugh. 


87