Chapter 230: Stuff I Guess.
1.5k 3 64
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.
Comment/Review on the story readers and give me ideas on possible xianxia things you want to see! No guarantees that I will add what you want. But it helps to have ideas out there. Please point out any mistakes you notice or anything you're not clear about. I'll try to answer them and fix them to the best of my abilities.


  Inside the cave, unlike what Bing was expecting, there were only dangerous traps inside and no ghosts at all. Zhai Shang easily led the way for everyone with his talismans and staff. Considering he was the outsider of the group, he figured it would be acceptable for him to deal with these little annoyances. Arrow traps, falling boulders, spike pits, and all could be dealt with by using a single talisman. Qi Barrier spell for the arrows shooting at them from out of the wall. Qi Arrow spell to split the boulders apart. Spiritual Sight spell to see all the traps coming. 

  Since they were the only ones inside the cave, they didn’t need to constantly watch their backs either. If something looked valuable or worth taking, they would snatch it up and deal with the trap that came after taking the treasure. Zhai would step in to explain the treasure if he had any knowledge of it. The Endless Plains of Yin have existed for thousands of years, so it wasn’t as if he knew everything about this place. Barely anyone knew anything about it except that it was the home and birthplace of ghosts. 


“You know, for an old ghost-like yourself, you sure do know your way around this place.” Hu Tao chuckled. 

  He snatched up the banner with a purple flag buried within the ground. Wan Qing behind him was also digging through the massive graveyard for treasures. The two of them easily captured the army of soldiers protecting this burial ground in their amulets to raid the place of goodies. Their strength individually was already great against groups of people. When fighting together, that already great strength increased explosively. Shang Guan Qing Hong was somewhat shocked to see the potential these two annoying brats held. Not just any two cultivators could’ve overcome the Bleeding Sword Sect’s army. 

  If he was being honest, he led the two of them here so that they would die. What better way to kill arrogant brats than by leading them to their own death in pursuit of riches and treasures? But it looks like he underestimated these two... They weren’t just ordinary brats at all. It looks like he’s going to have to lead them there after all... 

  He was planning to save that place for himself to perfect the foundation for his new body but the guardian of that object should be able to kill these two. No matter how freakish these two are, they won’t be able to stand a chance against a Spirit Emperor. A ghost that is on equal strengths with a Qi Transformation stage cultivator! Two little arrogant ants at the Qi Consolidation stage can only helplessly die when encountering a ghost of that realm. 

  As Shang Guan Qing Hong was thinking about his plan to kill the two brats, he was suddenly smacked upside the head. 

“What the hell are you scheming?” Hu Tao questioned. 

“Nothing at all! I was just thinking about another place filled with treasures that I could lead you to!” Shang Guan Qing Hong responded like a well-trained dog. 

  His pride was reduced to dregs long ago and now the only thoughts floating around his mind was that of revenge. After being forced to tears, had his bottom smacked, and just bullied overall by Hu Tao, he could no longer hold his head high as their senior. And the brats knew it too. He would only humiliate himself further if he tried to boast of his seniority and status after such events. While his pride might amount to nothing at this point, his need for revenge was overflowing within his body. The girl wouldn’t be spared either because she didn’t help him in his time of need. 

“I bet you are.” Hu Tao grinned, seemingly seeing through Shang Guan Qing Hong’s plan in a single glance. 

“Yes?! Should I lead you to it now?” Shang Guan Qing Hong asked. 

“Hmm...” Hu Tao thought long and deep about the offer. 

  As if the offer was something to think long or deeply about. Any cultivator would agree when asked by such an innocent-looking weak child. They could easily kill the child and run away if anything goes wrong but if it isn’t a trick, then free and easy treasures! But Hu Tao wasn’t so easy to trick. 

  Wan Qing also showed some hesitation once she saw Hu Tao not immediately agreeing. Hu Tao wasn’t stupid. He’s been treating this old ghost-like shit this entire time. Not even a mentally challenged person would be willing to act so accommodating so quickly.  

  Hu Tao used to work as a bandit and mercenary during his time as a mortal before he was brought to the Golden Serpent Sect. It wasn’t an exaggeration to say he knew every trick in the book. So, seeing this reincarnated ghost trying to set him up in such an obvious manner, was hilarious. Like watching an actual child try and trick an adult when there’s a decade of experience between them. 

“Nah! Princess told me something interesting earlier and I want to see what everyone is up to.” Hu Tao smacked him across his head once again. 

  A tear dropped from Shang Guan Qing Hong’s right eye as he cursed Hu Tao deeply in his heart. 

“The plates?” Qing remembered. 

“No. The place where the plates are supposed to go. Where everyone is waiting at for the third plate.” He explained. 

“I’m going to capture more ghosts instead. Have fun.” Wan Qing could tell that Hu Tao was just going to cause trouble. 

“Tch. Fine but I'm not keeping the brat. If Jie finds him with me, she’s going to bitch at me and piss me off.” 

“Why should I keep her? You think Jie won’t question me?” 

“She won’t get on your ass like she will to me.” 

“Oh, will she?” Wan Qing grinned. “Okay, how about this? I take her but you will owe me two favors in the future.” She offered. 

“One favor and I won’t kick your ass.” 

“Now it's three favors.” Wan crossed her arms. 

“You fucking bitch! You’re taking advantage of me!” 

“Life is all about give and take.” She shrugged. 

“Why must I go with either of you...? Can’t I just go on my own?” Shang Guan Qing Hong brought up another option. 

“Shut up!” Hu Tao yelled. 

“Quiet while the adults are speaking.” Wan Qing shushed him. 

“Fuck it! I’ll take the stupid brat.” Hu Tao sent Shang into his pocket dimension who screamed during the entire process. 

“Now was that so hard?” Wan smiled at him. 

“Fucking bitch.” Hu Tao took out his white cloud, jumped on it, and flew away. 

“Bye! Bye!” Perhaps it was the first or second time since she’s genuinely smiled in this place. Upsetting Hu Tao was a lot more fun than she thought. 


“There you are...” Manchu spotted the flying cloud in the distance. 

  A yellow coat of qi covered his body as the ground beneath him began to quiver and shake. The ground soon opened up and completely swallowed Manchu into the ground. Speeding through the ground, he followed directly behind Hu Tao to eventually catch up with him. His only job was to deal with Hu Tao after all. As long as he was patient, eventually, Hu Tao would fall into some trouble that he could take advantage of. 

  The man had a talent for attracting trouble and courting death. It was one of the reasons he avoided Hu Tao on sight. Manchu observed that it was very easy to get caught up in whatever incident Hu Tao got himself involved in if you were near him. Even if you were just innocently standing by and watching, in one moment, you could suddenly become a hostage or meat shield for Hu Tao. 

  The only people that Manchu found that Hu Tao wouldn’t purposely go out of his way to harm or annoy were children. He was willing to use children as hostages to escape but he wouldn’t fight or bother them like he would anyone else he found interesting. Hu Tao also wouldn’t truly harm the children he took as hostage either. Children just didn’t catch his eye. Perhaps there was some humanity left in Hu Tao because of that but it still wouldn’t be enough to clear his negative karma. 

  If Hu Tao did target children like he did everyone else, Manchu would’ve dealt with him sooner. He is already a trash human being but he isn’t complete trash. Evil without boundaries deserved execution. Manchu might be a member of a wicked sect like the Golden Serpent Sect but that didn’t mean his heart was wicked. Nor was it filled with righteousness either.  

  Manchu was a man that moved according to his heart not predetermined ideologies of good and evil. At times he was willing to do evil and other times he was willing to do good. It depended on what kind of benefits would arise because of his actions. During his time as a cultivator, he has found that doing good usually led to more beneficial outcomes than doing evil. But Hu Tao... challenged this belief of his that he’s proven through the years. Hu Tao does evil and only does evil but he only seems to get stronger and more unrestrained as time goes on. Did this mean his belief was wrong or just that Hu Tao’s luck pierces through the heavens despite his behavior? 


We're nearing the end of this second test somewhat soon in a few weeks. Is there anything you'd like to see before it's over? Type it in the comments and I might add it in the chapters coming in the near future!

64