Chapter 239: A Deadly Game.
1.5k 4 61
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.
Comment/Review on the story readers and give me ideas on possible xianxia things you want to see! No guarantees that I will add what you want. But it helps to have ideas out there. Please point out any mistakes you notice or anything you're not clear about. I'll try to answer them and fix them to the best of my abilities.


  Ying was the only one out of the three unable to react to the disembodied voice coming from above them. Bing froze like a statue when he felt the pressure descending on his round body. His thick hands that were grabbing at the piles of gold and spiritual objects halted mid-air. Jiajia glared at the voice above him with her claws growing in length. Jie reacted in a similar manner to Bing but with her sword at the ready to be used to defend herself. Shang placed a talisman on himself that ignited and created a qi bubble around himself. 

“To think that I, the Demon God Thief, would find my end in such a cursed placed...” The voice sighed. “So, you want my treasure is that it? You want the treasure of a godly thief that managed to cause empires to go mad because of his stealing skills? It does make sense. The tomb of a godly thief such as myself would cause multiple empires to go crazy trying to rob it. There are many precious royal heirlooms and the like inside here but how could I just let you take it for free?” The voice’s tone had some playfulness to it. “Do you know how many enemies I made by stealing across the world? Back in my day, if any of these treasures were to get out, the heavens themselves might just strike you for acquiring such godlike treasures. Perhaps that’s why I died in this place, never to enter the reincarnation wheel for myself because I gained too much for a mortal!”  

  No one interrupted the talkative ghost. Whoever this ghost was, everyone could clearly feel just how powerful he was. Shang couldn’t even secretly try and create a formation to save all of them. The ghost was able to watch his every movement, no matter how small it might be. If he was this strong even as a ghost, Shang couldn’t fathom how powerful he was when he was alive. And since he was a thief, he was probably informed about all types of tricks and schemes. Not that Shang was well-versed in them anyway. As a genius, when did he ever have to rely on petty tricks? Never, that’s when. 

‘We might stand a chance of surviving if that cow succeeds in gaining the Mystic Flame...’ Jiajia spoke to Bing from inside his void world. 

‘So we need to stall him, huh?’ Sweat dripped from Bing’s body. 

  From one dangerous life-threatening situation to the next... To say that he was surprised would be a lie. As a member of Heaven’s Angels, he simply had to get used to being in such dire situations until they were just a common thing. Like waking up to eat breakfast or having a casual conversation with a peer. Was it sad to say that he was already used to the rapid beating of his heart from terror and having his mind race in thinking of ways to survive this situation with his life and the life of his friends intact?  

“I beg your forgiveness, Demon God Thief!” Bing turned his body, banged his forehead to the ground, and kowtowed to the spirit. “If you so wish, we will leave your resting place this instance and never return to bother you again!” He shouted with his body shivering. 

“Ho... So you intrude on my resting place, mess up the feng shu of my belongings and how they were placed, and then ask for forgiveness?” 

“I’m willing to do anything so that you can forgive us and let us leave with our lives!” Bing responded. 

“Now, now, I am a sensible ghost. While I can barely control myself looking at your succulent body, I am a man willing to give others a fair chance. How about this... Since your friend with the evil sword is about to take the Mystic Flame I placed to protect my treasures from ghosts, all I require is one of your lives in return.” He asked politely. “You three will fight until there are only two of you remaining. You can team up or fight individually. It doesn’t matter to me.” He explained. 

“You...! How could---” Jie’s righteous anger was interrupted by Bing’s sudden assault. 

“Swift Devil!” Bing tackled into Jie and knocked her into a wall.  

  He winked towards Shang, who caught on quickly to what he was doing. Shang skillfully twirled his staff as he ran towards Bing. Bing fought like a complete coward. Once he saw the prodigy coming towards him, he threw piles of gold and anything within range to stop him from coming any closer. Laughter could be heard above Bing and Shang. 

“Bing! Why the hell?! You’re playing into his hands! Stop fighting!” Jie shouted. 

  She ran over with her sword to break the two of them up so that they could work together to escape this situation. Unfortunately, her seemingly logical plan didn’t fit the narrative of anyone else. When Bing heard Jie coming up from behind him, an arm grew out of his back and punched her in the gut, sending her flying away once again. At this point, Jie’s patience would’ve normally run out but falling in love with the man named Hu Tao changed her. 

  In truth, her patience ran out when Bing first knocked into her. When she was going to break up Bing and Shang’s fight, she was actually going to beat them half to death and force them into listening to her. Her patience hasn’t improved but actually lowered significantly. It was because of this lower patience that she asked Jing to help her become a woman that could keep Hu Tao under control and be loved by him. Jie's poor little heart wouldn’t be able to last long if she couldn’t do anything about Hu Tao except be in love with him.  

  As Jie was about to get up to half-murder Bing, she felt something fall off of her stomach. It was that strange talisman that Bing and Ying had. Her eyes narrowed as she closely read the words on the talisman. A sense of relief and anger washed over her once she read it. She was still upset about being hit by Bing but now that she thought about it, she wasn’t hurt all that much. The only damage she took was from crashing into the wall twice and even that was negligible because she coated her body in qi to brace for impact. Jie soon got up and charged back towards Bing and Shang with rage and greed in her eyes. 

“Hmm? What’s this?” Demon God Thief plucked the talisman off the ground. 

  As the slip of paper floated in front of his eyes, he frowned. There was nothing on it. He tried infusing his ghostly qi into it but still nothing happened. Something wasn’t adding up... Why did that girl look like she was reading something if there was nothing on this talisman? Demon God Thief couldn’t come up with an explanation for it so, he tried ripping it up. 

“Hmm?” He couldn’t rip it. Maybe he just wasn’t trying hard enough. “Nhhhg!” Okay, this talisman obviously wasn’t normal. 

“Die!” The sound of combat temporarily recaptured his interest. 

  A spray of blood shot out from the fatty’s chest. He fell to the ground clutching his wound as his eyes frantically looked around the room for something to save his life with. He scooted backward with his butt in terror from the young girl slowly inching towards him with a menacing look on her face. Demon God Thief couldn’t believe how easy it was getting these three to turn on each other. His instincts were telling him that something was off but that fatty’s injury was too severe for this to be faked. That fatty was going to die soon even if he had healing pills or got treatment soon. 

  Despite this though, the Demon God Thief didn’t lower his guard. How could the king of thieves be foolish enough to believe what he saw with his eyes? You don’t become the king of thieves by simply trusting your eyes. If anything, eyes were the most untrustworthy organs! He’d rather trust his nose than his eyes! 

“Sorry, tubby.” The girl grinned. “Looks like the treasure is all ours.” Were her final words to the dying fatty. 

“Work harder in your next life.” The handsome boy looked down on him. 

  Demon God Thief was very satisfied by this outcome. Once the fatty’s breathing stopped, he would award the two survivors by allowing them to take one treasure of their choice. When they escape, they’ll inevitably tell more people about his tomb, allowing him to bring more and more people to his resting place. Some will be used for entertainment purposes while others will be nutrients for him to feed on. 

“You’re mine, you stupid flame! I, Yue Ying, will never give up something that I want! As a member of the Yue Family, asking me to give up something I want is the same as asking me to die! My conviction isn’t so weak that I would lose to a barely developed flame like you.” Ying’s voice cried out. 

  A purple flame erupted from Ying’s body. Two figures in particular fiercely recoiled at this purple flame. One retreated inside Bing’s body while the other floated closer to the ceiling. 


Haha, i got it out before Tuesday! No extra chapter this time readers!

61