Chapter 249: Some Time To Relax.
1.5k 4 67
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.
Comment/Review on the story readers and give me ideas on possible xianxia things you want to see! No guarantees that I will add what you want. But it helps to have ideas out there. Please point out any mistakes you notice or anything you're not clear about. I'll try to answer them and fix them to the best of my abilities.


“That’s definitely not a relationship...” Ying refused to believe it. 

“It looks like a sweet one to me.” Wan Qing disagreed. 

“It just looks like she’s teasing and playing with his emotions.” Ying defended her claim. 

“Not everyone shows love and affection in the same way.” Wan Qing explained. 

“That’s true. Back when I was a little bit younger and a little bit more unrestrained, I treated women quite horribly at the time. Eventually, I found out that the women I formed relationships with at that time were actually quite fond of being treated negatively by me and loved me for it.” 

“Really?” Runt looked up suspiciously at Lei. 

  He wasn’t the only one either. Many of Heaven’s Angels were dubious of his claims because, in their heads, they couldn’t imagine a younger Lei Zhi being anything different from how he is now. It just seemed wrong to try and picture him as a jerk who abused women that liked to be abused. The man of peace, friendliness, and reason. 

“Yes. I was no different from the youth of today. Arrogant, not caring about anyone but myself, and only focusing on power. It wasn’t until I lost my eyes that I could truly see the world for what it was and see myself.” Lei shared. 

“Youth of today, huh?” Ying jabbed her finger into his chest with some force but not enough to hurt him. “Is there something you want to say about us, Lei?” Ying smiled. 

“Would you say I'm wrong?” Lei smiled back not giving in to the young girl. 

“Hmph! Don’t try and stick me in the same group as other people my age! If you think I'm anything like those people that you try and change, I'll have to punch you until you can see it.” Ying felt that she’s already grown somewhat after being taken inside Heaven’s Angels.  

  As much as she’s embarrassed to say it, Bing and Lei both seeped their annoying ways into her body somehow. She isn’t as ruthless as she used to be. In the past, she’d kill anyone that bothered her or tried to pick a fight with her with no hesitation. Now, she’d just physically cripple them at most unless they hurt one of her friends. 

“That’s true... I have definitely noticed a difference in your temperament lately.” Lei nodded. 

“Looks like even without your eyes, you aren’t that blind.” Ying grinned, satisfied with his appraisal. 

“Why are you single now then, Lei?” Wan Qing asked. 

“Hmm? Who said I was single?” Lei Zhi suddenly revealed a startling piece of information. 

“Who is she!?” Ying asked. 

“Where is she?!” Qing asked. 

“What does she look like?” Runt questioned. 

“Is she a part of the sect?” Bing couldn’t think of anyone from the sect despite asking this. 

“Hmm, I wonder...” Lei only smiled as he brushed off their questions. 

  It turns out, working as a doctor while going out on the sect’s monthly tasks exposed one too many women. Both cultivator and mortal women alike seemed to hold an interest in doctors. He wasn’t a woman nor did any of his women explain why they wanted to stay with him. But he did enjoy spending time with them. 

“Don’t think you can just brush off our questions with a, ‘Hmm, I wonder...’” A badly done, high-pitched imitation of Lei Zhi’s deep and usually understanding voice. 

“You’ll find out in time. It wasn’t like I was keeping it a secret or anything.” Lei Zhi responded. 

“Next time you’re going out on a task, we’re coming with!” Ying declared, grabbing Bing’s hand. 

“We are?” Bing was entirely confused. 

  While he was envious that Lei still could get girls with relative ease at his age, he wasn’t interested in seeing them up close. That would only hurt his self-esteem even more. Especially if they were beautiful and/or young! Lei himself just admitted that he could get girls in his youth easily and he could still get them now it seems! Bing definitely needs to ask this old tiger some tricks for himself... 

“Don’t you wanna see Lei’s girlfriend?” Ying’s fierce eyes stared at him, daring him to say no. 

“Not really...” Bing looked away. 

“I’ll go with you, Ying. I’m interested more than I usually am.” Wan Qing stepped up. 

“Tch.” Ying clicked her tongue at Bing. There was no place safer to keep him than beside a woman that already had a man in her heart. 

“I’d like to go as well but... I have some training to do, so please tell me all about it later.” Jie kindly asked, also interested in talks of romance. 

“Should we come as well, Teacher?” Lin Shu, the only pretty student of Lei Zhi, asked. 

“Yes, I'll bring you three along as well to gain some experience and learn under me.” Lei answered. 

“Won’t this be after the tournament, though?” He Wenqing, the biggest student of Lei Zhi, questioned. 

“That’s right. For those still participating in the tournament, their monthly tasks have been put on hold for the moment.” Lei explained. 

“...” Xiucai, the quietest student of Lei Zhi, nodded in acknowledgment. 


  Li Li glared at the boy claiming his mom to be his. He’d sooner kill him before accepting him as his father. It was only because his mom telling him that he couldn’t kill him that Spellboy was still standing right now after Li Li learned of his relationship to his mom. But just because his mom said that Li Li couldn’t kill him, didn’t mean that Li Li couldn’t make his life absolute hell! He’s learned a lot from his mom. There were more ways to mess with someone than physically hurting them. 


  Zhai Shang couldn’t help but shiver from the piercing glare of the owl’s stare. It was only a few moments ago that he learned that this owl wasn’t just a pet to Jing but a son! But the scariest part wasn’t that the owl clearly disliked him, it was the fact that the owl was capable of understanding human speech and complex thoughts! From the look in its eyes and the information he’s gained from the other angels, Shang knew that trying to close the distance between himself and Jing was going to be something he had to risk his life with. This owl would perhaps be his biggest enemy at the start of his relationship with Jing. 


“Li Li... You’re scaring mom’s boyfriend.” Jing rubbed his head as he sat in her lap glaring at Shang. 

“Hmph! Anyone worthy of my mom wouldn’t be such a coward!” Li Li was in his soul form. An identical mini version of Jing that was slightly transparent. 

“It looks like you have quite the challenge ahead of you, boyfriend.” Jing grinned. She knew that Li Li would react in some way. “My son seems like the possessive type.” 

“I won’t give up.” Shang stared into her eyes. “In time, I'll have you accept me as well Li Li. Maybe not as your father, but as the man that deserves to be by your mom’s side.” Shang vowed as he looked at Li Li. 

“I’m the only man my mom needs! Shut up, stupid idiot Spellboy! Just go away and never come back!” Li Li spat on and kicked his heartfelt words with relative ease. He was only saying that stuff to get with his mom. 

“This really will be a challenge...” Shang sighed when insult after insult was hurled at his head. When has he ever been insulted to his face like this before? Never, that’s when. 

“I wish you luck! My son is very stubborn but I believe you can do it.” Jing shared her thoughts. 

“I will never lose to a weakling like him!” Li Li was fine painting himself as the final boss. A final boss that would never lose to the protagonist. 


“We don’t have much time, but I'll do my best to train you in the short time we have. First off, let’s get rid of this thing.” Jing suddenly vanished and reappeared behind Jie, taking her sword and tossing it into the distance. 

“What was wrong with my sword?” Jie asked. 

“Nothing. Now do your best to mimic these four stances.” Jing’s body suddenly became unusual and abstract. 

  Jie didn’t see how it was possible for her to even try to replicate the first stance! She wasn’t a snake or some creature that didn’t have bones! While she was flexible, even she had her limits. At least, that was what she thought until she saw that Wan Qing could easily replicate those four stances that Jing just did. 

“It took her some time to learn them as well but I believe you can do it, as long as you work hard and tolerate the pain.” Jing would’ve gifted her a martial art created by SCP-914 but after her Heart Demon Test, she could think of quite a few techniques that would fit perfectly for Jie to help her reign in Hu Tao for herself. 

“Well, okay...” Jie had to at least give it a try. 

“I’ll help you out.” Wan Qing wasn’t particularly busy at the moment, it was also very interesting to see others go through the type of training she did from Jing. 

“Thank you.” It didn’t take long for Jie’s screams of agony and regret to spread throughout the void world. 

“Jing, I have something I would like to request.” Lei Zhi walked over to her. 

“It won’t be free.” She reminded him. 

“Of course, I'm willing to put in the effort if you’re able to grant me what I want.” 

“Okay, what’s your request?” 

“I need a spirit tool. A spirit tool that will allow me to form contracts, pacts, and deals with people that both sides will have no choice but to stay true to, otherwise a fitting punishment would befall the one that breaks their side of the contract.” Lei explained. 

“Hmm... I have just the thing.” From her storage ring, a thick scroll large enough to rival an adult’s height appeared in the air.  

“What task would you like me to accomplish?” Lei asked. 

“Write all of your current medical knowledge in a book. Once you’ve completed that, I’ll give you the scroll.” Jing told him. 

“I will get it done.” Lei Zhi’s penmanship wasn’t that great but Jing didn’t say that he had to be the one to physically write it. He should find someone that is good at calligraphy before starting. 

67