Chapter 254: The Start of the Finale!
1.4k 12 60
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.
Comment/Review on the story readers and give me ideas on possible xianxia things you want to see! No guarantees that I will add what you want. But it helps to have ideas out there. Please point out any mistakes you notice or anything you're not clear about. I'll try to answer them and fix them to the best of my abilities.


  The start of the finale of the Grand Tournament was quite flashy. Fire, water, thunder, and all sorts of things exploded into the air above the sect. The elders drained their qi supply dry as they showed off the magnificence of their abilities and the sect. Pride filled their old bones looking at the amazed and idolizing gazes of the disciples. Jing scoffed at the sight of the old men getting happy at impressing a bunch of children with fireworks basically. 

  She did have to admit, it was a good showing at least. While she wasn’t anywhere near as impressed at the thousands of disciples around her, it wasn’t too torturous on her eyes or ears. Jing’s angels surrounded her in a circle. Ying led the way forward with a very excited and happy look on her face. Bing stood by her side looking quite exhausted for some reason. 

  Jing heard from Wan that they had their first date during the time the elders were preparing the finale of the Grand Tournament. Then they had a second and a third, and then a fourth. According to Wan, Ying dragged Bing around to all sorts of places to do all sorts of things. Jing wondered how far she’s progressed in capturing his heart. Bing looked like he hasn’t had a decent night’s rest in days. He even looked like he’s lost a little bit of weight.  

‘He is my slave... I’ll have to remind Ying to not take advantage of him without rewarding him with a good hearty meal at least.’ Jing remembered. 

  Wan Qing was glowing with beauty and pride. Apparently, she spent her entire week rolling around in the sheets with her boyfriend that she claims is just a friend. With some light training on the side. She would also need to ask Wan if she’s being safe. It wasn’t that long ago that she was a man. If she suddenly ended up pregnant, wouldn’t it partly be her fault for not warning her how easily a woman could get knocked up? 

  Jing did come from modern times. The amount of tv shows that glorified young girls getting pregnant was absurd. While Wan was an adult, she still hasn’t been informed about some of the basic knowledge that every girl should be informed on.  

‘I guess I'll need to include that information as well when I’m restructuring the sect for the better. General Knowledge for Women. I’ll also have to include a male version with inputs from Bing, Lei, and maybe Hu Tao? Hu Tao is debatable but I'll for sure have to include inputs from Lei and Bing.’  

  Jing thought that getting a book for men was more important than getting one for women simply because the men in this world were mostly animals. Women were nothing but tools of lust, children, and a means to fight loneliness. They weren’t seen as people or individuals even if they’ve acquired great power equal to or better than a man’s. It was honestly shocking because the three leaders of the Three Great Sects were women! Golden Serpent Sect, Nine Swords Sect, and the Blossoming Water Palace all had female sect leaders.  

  They’ve done nothing to try and change the status quo despite holding so much power. All they’ve cared about was their own standing and power. Jing could only shake her head. These women’s reputation and strength will be reduced to dregs in history. In her 10,000 lives, she’s read several literary works in this world. Very few highlight women in a positive manner that doesn’t include their beauty, sexuality, or weakness. The best praise for a powerful woman in this world was how stunningly beautiful she was. Not her intelligence, not what she’s accomplished, nor her strength. 

  Jing would make sure to overhaul this world entirely to change that. It wasn’t just because she was a woman either. It was simply because she couldn’t stand living in such a primitive world. Jing wasn’t ignorant to the fact that this world wasn’t too different from her original world in terms of values. The strong ruled back there as well, just in a different way through laws, money, and etc. However, there is still a qualitative difference in values, ideals, and perceptions between worlds that she felt that she must correct. Well, not correct but forcefully change. 

  Jing fully understood that she wasn’t correcting some misguided mindset held by the people of this world. She was the outsider, kind of. Living in a world about 10,000 times would make you a native of that world, wouldn’t it? What she was going to do was changing the status quo in a way that seemed unfamiliar but won’t be all too different. Many will try to fight against it, but in this world, strength reigns over all. What form that strength takes will be up to her as it won’t take too long to reach the pinnacle again. Could be laws, could be money, or it could be something else. As of now, she couldn’t tell. 

“I’m telling you, I'm not strong at all.” Lei Zhi tried to convince his apprentices of his strength. 

“That sounds like something Bing would say.” Ying pointed out. 

“It’s true. I would say that.” Bing added. 

“Besides, I dislike fighting anyway. I’d rather that fighting with swords, fists, and qi disappeared completely than continue on. Perhaps a different method of fighting could be added. Like with chess or competitions that didn’t have contestants beating the life out of each other.” Lei Zhi shared. 

  His disciples clearly didn’t share his views as they seemed bored by the statement. They couldn’t imagine a world where people didn’t fight using their bodies. What would be the point of learning martial arts or cultivating at all if they couldn’t be used to hurt people!? When Lin Shu learned of her potential to become a cultivator, she planned to use it for the weak! Terrorize the wicked and help the weak. He Wenqing didn’t have as lofty goals as Lin did. He simply became a cultivator because he knew that cultivators didn’t struggle for money. By becoming a cultivator, he could help his family back out on the farm live a wealthy life they never could’ve imagined living. Xiucai didn’t want to follow in the steps of his family members. He became a cultivator to forge his own path in life despite his family’s insistence and influence. 

“It has been a while since you fought...” Ying realized. “I’m getting a little excited to see your match too.” She hasn’t seen him fight after becoming a doctor. 

“I don’t plan to use my medical skills unless forced into a corner.” Lei Zhi explained. 

“Tch. How boring.” Ying clicked her tongue in disappointment. 

“He might fight someone strong but I don’t know anyone really powerful still in the Qi Gathering stage at the sect. Most of the strong people quickly moved to the next realm and up.” Bing said. 

“I expect both of you two to be some of those people moving up...” Jing gave the two peace-loving fools a look. 

“Me and Qing have been trying to tell them!” Ying agreed with Jing. 

“Peace isn’t something that weaklings can hope for unless they have the strength to force it.” Wan Qing told the two. 

“I’ll cultivate more seriously! I promise!” Bing always dreamt of having multiple women looking at him but not like this! 

“Heh, this old man won’t waste the second chance you have given him.” Lei bowed to Jing. 

“Don’t forget to tell everyone about your clinic after you win your matches to get more people to know.” Jing reminded him. 

“Oh, thank you. That would’ve never crossed my mind.” Lei smiled. 

  Heaven’s Angels were separated as they made their way to the grounds where the finale would take place. The huge area was split into multiple stages with stands for people to sit and watch the cultivators compete. Qi Gatherers were sent to the top left stage. Those in the Qi Consolidation Realm are in the top right stage. Core Preparation had the bottom left stage near the entrance and the last stage held for Core Stage Realm disciples were at the bottom right. 

  Out of all the stages, the Qi Gatherers had the least amount of disciples participating. Not many of the Qi Gatherers managed to pass the first two stages due to their inexperience. Those that did were fiercely ogled at by the elders as potential personal disciples to take. The Qi Gatherers weren’t the only ones being looked at like sizzling pieces of meat. Most of the eyes were on the Qi Consolidators because Jing was included in their group. 

  Jing was the talk of the sect before and her name and group fiercely resurged in popularity after the end of the second test. By now, all of her angels were identified and are currently being fought over by the elders. According to Wen’s investigations, they managed to get some good data on her angels. 

  Ying being the swordsman who focused on the way of fire and sword. Bing was described as the Man-Eating Abomination in Pig’s Skin. Wan Qing, the Heavenly Butterfly who somehow managed to reverse Yang into Yin. Lei Zhi, the Blind Savior. Jie, Fighting Maniac’s Woman. Runt, Little Doctor. Lin Shu, He Wenqing, and Xiucai, Blind Savior’s Apprentices. Li Li, Peerless Demonic Owl. And Jing herself, The Peerless Angel. 

  Gazes of all kinds focused on her. Jing simply ignored them and listened to the chattering of her angels around her. Today’s showing would be very important for herself and her angels. It could determine just how much opposition they’ll face when she’s in control of the sect. Countless plans and schemes flowed through her head as she tried to determine what would be a good showing to show to the entirety of the sect. What would be the best way to make an impactful statement that pertains to her goals? 


What do you think would make the biggest impact for Heaven's Angels?

60