Chapter 304: Long Time No See!
856 3 31
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.
Comment/Review on the story readers and give me ideas on possible xianxia things you want to see! No guarantees that I will add what you want. But it helps to have ideas out there. Please point out any mistakes you notice or anything you're not clear about. I'll try to answer them and fix them to the best of my abilities.


  Jing smiled as she looked at the oh-so-familiar gigantic gacha wheel inside her soul space. A limitless amount of flashing rewards appeared on the wheel, just waiting for her to spin it twice. Even with all the strength radiating through her, Jing still felt like a bug in the face of this divine construct. To think even the gods would fall into the temptation of gambling. After all, it wouldn’t make sense for Jing to be the only spinner of this godly lottery. In the grand scheme of things, she was positive that she was nothing more than just a toy for some immortal being. The chaos and turmoil she could unleash within days of this illogically large planet wouldn’t benefit any godly being. All of this has to be some sort of test or game. Especially with all of these rewards, she gains from the gacha wheel. 

  Jing pulled down on the side of the golden wheel and carefully stepped back as it ramped up in speed. Just like the first time she used it, it spun clockwise before turning into a speeding blur. The rewards flashed past her face to the point that her refined cultivated body couldn’t keep track of it anymore. She suspected that divinity was the only way of keeping up with this immortal toy. If she tried to rig the wheel in her favor, Jing felt that her arms would directly be rubbed into nothingness as a warning. It only spun twice before Jing was kicked out of her soul space and returned back to the world of the living. 

[Host has received SCP-1425, SCP-2295] 

  All these goodies at once momentarily distracted Jing from thinking about her identity as the toy or chess piece of some godly being. She started to think about how best to use these new goodies to further accelerate her control over the sect and the world beyond. After all, once you’ve lived ten thousand or so lives, there is very little one hasn’t done in the grand scheme of things. In a way, Jing would like to speed up this game and move on to the next stage in existence. 

  Jing swiftly rose to the peak of the Core Preparation realm once her restriction was broken. For her refined body and martial arts, there was no such thing as bottlenecks or cultivating too hastily. As long as she cycled enough qi through her body, she would breakthrough. It was only because of the system’s restrictions that she hasn’t risen to the top of cultivation yet. 

  The talent-boosting elixir would be saved as a reward for one of her angels. Same for most of the other weapons and trinkets Jing received for completing those missions. SCP-018 would be quite an effective weapon with a little control. As it is now, it was nothing more than an uncontrollable disaster waiting to happen. After receiving information on the toy, Jing could see some ways of utilizing this for her angels, but as of now, nobody needed it. The red-colored ball 6cm in diameter was able to bounce over 200% efficiency, meaning that if it were dropped 1 meter, it would bounce 2, then 4, then eight, and then 16, and so on and so forth. According to the testing done by the SCP Foundation, SCP-018 could reach speeds of over 100 km/h. 

  SCP-1425 was in a similar boat to SCP-018 in that it needed some fine-tuning before it could be utilized. SCP-1425, when explained simply, gave the user mild reality-warping abilities at the cost of their sanity. It was a hardcover book bearing the title ‘Star Signals.’ To avoid going insane, Jing immediately brought the book into herself and refined it on 1:1 to replace it with an identical book just without the driving her slowly insane part. She did the same with SCP-018, just that it could be controlled by the most recent holder’s will. 

  SCP-2295 was very different from both SCP-018 and SCP-1425. The first difference was that it was sentient. Jing has long understood that sentient SCPs couldn’t be brought into this plane of reality in their complete form. As a way of mending that fix, the sentient SCPs would try to attach their desires and goals to whoever obtained their anomalous properties. If Jing chose to take SCP-2295's anomalous properties for herself, she would gain a desire to save and help all those that she could. 

  SCP-2295 originally was a patchwork stuffed bear. It became sentient and animate when within 2 meters of a human sustaining severe damage to an organ. If there is more than one injured person nearby, it will choose the youngest. In the process of treating injuries, the animate bear will somehow produce its own surgery tools before patching together a healthy imitation of the injured organ and placing the patchwork organ inside the patient. That patchwork organ will then act as a completely healthy organ despite being made entirely of stuffing. So far, the only organ incapable of being treated by SCP-2295 is brain injuries. 

  Jing chose to save SCP-2295 for one of Lei Zhi’s Peaceful Angels. In a way, they could be seen as her future medical division. The more skilled doctors over there, the better her group will be off. SCP-1425 was saved for herself to use when the situation called for it. SCP-018 was stored inside her storage ring. The last object she had yet to inspect was the egg. 

  With a name like World-Devouring Serpent, Jing expected this egg to be a little bigger. In reality, it was barely thicker than a grape and just as tall as one too. No special designs or anything, just a tiny white egg with a small trace of qi within it. Jing chose not to refine this creature because, unlike Li Li, its potential was already high enough to threaten planets. Li Li was just a regular snow owl. She doubted this serpent needed any additional help from her besides some love and care. 

“Little sister?” Li Li frowned at Jing’s sudden announcement. “I don’t need a little sister.” Li Li outright rejected Jing’s announcement. 

“That’s unfortunate. She’s on the way right now.” Jing pointed to the small egg sitting on top of an array surrounded by low-ranked spirit stones. 

“...” Li Li’s eyes glared at the being inside the egg. Jing smacked his head once she felt his killing intent, and tears pooled around his eyes as he felt wronged. 

“You will have a little sister, and you will treat her like an older brother should. With care, love, and respect. If anything happens to her before or after she hatches, you will be punished. Understood?” Jing asked, gently massaging the area she smacked. 

“I don’t want a little sister...” Li Li cried as he changed his soul into the form of a human and hugged Jing. 

“You don’t always get what you want, baby...” Jing continued to fondle his head as he wrapped around her. 

  After half an hour of sobbing on Li Li’s part from another being taking up his mother’s love and soothing on Jing’s part. Li Li seemed to have mostly forgotten about his aversion and anger to having a little sister after being told by Jing the good parts of having a little sister. 

“I guess having another Heavenly Demonic Angel wouldn’t be so bad...” Li Li wiped his tears. 

“That’s right. Once she grows big enough, you won’t even have to take care of her anymore.” 

“Really? I only got to do it for just a little bit and then I don’t have to deal with her anymore?” Li Li’s eyes widened. 

“Mhmm.” Jing nodded. “She’ll be even bigger than you will be when you’re an adult.” 

“Bigger than me!?” Li Li didn’t know about this! 

“She’ll grow big enough to eat the whole planet.” 

“What!? How do I grow bigger than a planet?! Where am I going to live if she eats the world!?” Li Li was getting upset about having a sister again. 

“I guess as her big brother, you’ll have to make sure she doesn’t eat the world.” Jing lazily suggested. 

“What!? How am I supposed to protect her, love her, and stop her from doing bad stuff!? Why do I got to do everything!?” 

“That’s what makes a good big brother. If you can’t do all that, you’re just a bad big brother. And bad big brothers don’t get hugs and kisses from Mommy.” 

“Having a sister sucks.” Li Li whined, crossed his arms, and shuffled closer into Jing’s body. 

“It’ll be better than you think, I promise. I just spoiled you a little bit too much and it upsets you when things don’t always go your way.” 

“Why shouldn’t things go my way? My way is the best way!” 

“You’re barely two years old. How could you be so perfect?” 

“I didn’t say perfect! I said best! There’s a difference...” Li Li’s voice got quieter near the end as even he wasn’t that arrogant to not realize what he was saying. 

“Right, right. Of course. Just don’t forget, life doesn’t always go the way you want. The best you can do is adapt and work with what you got.” 

“Okay.” 

“So, what do you think would be the best thing to do after your sister is born?” 

“If I want to stay Mom’s most loved person, listen to Mom and don’t be a bad child.” Li Li summarized. 

“Li Li is so smart.” Jing gave him multiple kisses on the head as Li Li giggled in joy. 

31